Old January 27, 2004, 18:26   #1
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 10:10
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Enigma
He has informed me of his intentions to leave for obvious reasons. A decisions which I’m certain will not be contested, in the mean time we need a new turn player (Dcole perhaps). Regardless I have take it to inform through Tassadar the other factions that his messages to them are to be disregarded.
Old January 27, 2004, 18:28   #2
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:10
Obvious reasons?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 27, 2004, 20:24   #3
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 11:10
You haven't noticed the frequent arguments between Enigma and HongHu?

Still, this is a sad event. We lost yet another citizen with good game skills.
Old January 27, 2004, 20:49   #4
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Sure, but are arguments alone obvious reasons? Or are we referring to his treatment of t_ras, which was totally uncalled for.

-Jam
Old January 27, 2004, 21:12   #5
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 12:10
OK

I have witnessed Enigma Nova's behavior over the past few weeks and have been concerned by it.

I understand that he has either voluntarily left the Hive because he could not stand being with us, or he has been expelled because of:

his anti-social, God complex, behavior to all other sentient beings;

his loose cannon, unauthorized diplomatic offers to other factions; and, or

his threats and anti-social relations to both other factions and members within the Hive.

If he was expelled I would like to know who expelled him.

I suggest that we conduct a simple inquiry to what he did and does it warrant expulsion.

Because of both the severity of both the action (expulsion) and the alleged actions of Enigma Nova I think that this should be publicly discussed.

Mead
Old January 27, 2004, 21:29   #6
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Because of both the severity of both the action (expulsion) and the alleged actions of Enigma Nova I think that this should be publicly discussed.
Yeah, I too would like to know exactly what happened...

-Jam
Old January 28, 2004, 01:27   #7
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

I apologize for causing this.

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; January 28, 2004 at 11:38.
Old January 28, 2004, 04:17   #8
Jamski
Deity

Tass, maybe I'd prefer to read what HongHu posted, instead of your customary drivel

-Jam
Old January 28, 2004, 11:39   #9
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

I have edited my post back.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 28, 2004, 12:04   #10
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

This does call for an explanation. First of all I will say that I had no immediate intention of expelling Enigma, though people have complained about him and his actions were way out of line, I wanted to give him a chance to account for his behavior. I spoke to him on MSN where he informed me of his intentions to leave, upon hearing this I thought it prudent to inform the other factions that Enigma will leave (of his own accord apparently) in order to ensure that he does not ‘take more matters into his own hands’. In short he did chose to leave of his own accord, but in all honesty had he not I would have been forced to act and he would have been expelled has his current behavior continued. Therefore perhaps Mead’s call for an inquiry into this matter might be warranted indeed.
Old January 28, 2004, 15:26   #11
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

HongHu - take no blame upon yourself for "causing this"

E_N's on-forum behaviour, language and tone were unwarranted and his PMs were disturbing, to say the least.

Having read the public ones - and been forwarded many of the private ones, I was on the point of requesting his forums' banishment by MarkG.

So his voluntary departure from the ACDG is no great loss

Googlie
Old January 28, 2004, 17:59   #12
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:10
I agree with GooglieGod. Enigma's behavior was totally inappropriate and was directly in opposition that the Hive is all about.....maybe he would have done better in a different faction.

Comrade HongHu-you, amongst the Hive, seemed to be the most patient with him so please don't blame yourself. You have more patience then myself.

Comrade Chairman Voltaire-you also show patience in that you wanted him to explain his actions despite his numerous......transgressions.

Comrade Mead-100% agree with you there!

Comrade Jamski-I too was p*ssed off with his behavior with Comrade t_ras. That was when I lost all patience with him.

Comrade Octavian-I agree with you, but I personally believe that good game skills does not make a good gamer. I'd rather have fun with people who were average and can have fun rather than one professional gamer who was condescending.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Last edited by Frankychan; June 15, 2004 at 08:17.
Old January 28, 2004, 19:00   #13
Jamski
Deity

Is he actually banned or what? Or just gone off to sulk? I mean, can we expect a return?

-Jam
Old January 28, 2004, 19:15   #14
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

If you take a look at his sig line and his "interests" in his bio, I don't think he's coming back.

Five Stars=*****
Old January 28, 2004, 21:10   #15
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
I apologize for causing this.

Hong Hu

You, in, no, way, caused, this.

It was either who he was, or who he pretended to be, that meant that this outcome was likely.

I am relieved that his departure came as quickly as it did.

With his behavior worsening, I had expected a meltdown, but had not expected it so soon.

It looks like his decline accelerated once he got more perceived power (turn player) within the Hive.

Enigma Nova, the new one who we were not supposed to comprehend, appears to be a very troubled individual, who will have a very difficult life, if his behavior in real life is even remotely like his behavior here.

Hong Hu, you like all of us, were very patient with him.

I worked hard to hold my tongue. Several weeks ago I composed a post in response to one of his personal attacks on another Hive member. The post which I toned down before posting, initially contained the phrase "Enigma Nova, enough of your venom."

Hong Hu, you have done nothing that you should apologize for.

If anything, the Hive is fortunate to have you as a member who, after trying hard to engage and accept Enigma Nova into civilized society, stood up for all of us, and refused to accept his insults. I, for one, am proud of how you conducted yourself. I think we should all be.

Mead
Old January 28, 2004, 22:07   #16
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Old January 28, 2004, 22:24   #17
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Sigh.

Dont be too hard on E_N. Yeah he said some ****ed up **** to poepl here and there but really, he just lacks social skills.

Quote:
in order to ensure that he does not ‘take more matters into his own hands’.
Has he been screwing around with our turns or something?
Old January 28, 2004, 22:45   #18
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

It was a *tad* more than that.
If he can anger GooglieGod....Don't you think it was more than just being an ass?
Old January 29, 2004, 00:13   #19
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

okay, so then what did he do? cheat? i have no idea. tell me. Im curious!
Old January 29, 2004, 00:58   #20
Nubclear

Something not very nice
Old January 29, 2004, 01:26   #21
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 03:10
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I got some PMs about this, so I came back to have a look and see any way I could help out. To say honestly, there's nothing really fruitful I can contribute.

I'm with Zero on this issue.

However, from what I've heard Enigma has taken some things to inapproiate levels, crossing one of the major rules of online communities that usually gets people banned.

From what I understand he threatened someone on the real life level? Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that. That's a big no no and at a MUD I used to play at that would get people banned (although since most of them were kids they got unbanned after a month). What made it extra scary is Enigma seems be strongly focused on whatever he does. Sort of like me I guess, but nowadays I'm careful what I say. I used to hurt people by blurting out the first thought that entered my mind.

I don't think anyone should be blamed for over-reacting. Neither do I think Enimga should be blamed since I believe personality difficulties are often resolved through making serious mistakes. It's the stupid things I've done that have shaped a large portion of my personality.

If you want to know about mistakes, I started a minor forest fire by mistake at camp when I was 14. Basically the group I was in was flicking matches and I decided to learn how and join them. It was fortunate that the fire services put the fire out before it spread and caused serious property damage. I'm not sure who's match started the fire, but the camp coordinators decided it was likely mine. After that I learnt to think carefully of consequences before I do things even if they seem like a good idea at the time.

I'm sure everyone else has similar stories, although some would rather not admit to it and some aren't obvious mistakes. Anyway to put this issue into prespective think of some of the things you've done. That's what I try to do whenever I start looking down at someone, remember that I've screwed up too and whatever they've done doesn't always look that bad.
Old January 29, 2004, 01:37   #22
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Also while saying that Enigma shouldn't be blamed, I believe such situations should still be taken seriously.

There should always be consequences. Rather, by putting things in prespective you don't make a fool of yourself by over reacting and if you need to make a decision you know that you doing so with a level head.
Old January 29, 2004, 02:41   #23
Kody
Emperor

For the record I could be wrong, but I don't think he did what he claimed.
Old January 29, 2004, 03:21   #24
Frankychan
King

Can you point me in the direction where he claimed something? Or was this in PM? If it was, I'll drop the matter.
Old January 29, 2004, 12:43   #25
Snowflake
Princess

I'm thinking that I shouldn't have tried to use his style to talk to him. I was thinking that by letting him concentrate his negative energy toward me he would feel less need to fight others. Also I was thinking that this way he would feel what others would feel when he did the same thing to them. But I should have realize that my aggravation would provoke his long buried anger and in turn causing everybody criticising him and him feeling surppressed by others and thus more fighting back more violently. I didn't intend this. My mistake is that I didn't realize that I have adopted an approach that would amplify conflicts.

The thing that got me worried a little is his talking about his family. I agree with Kody that it is more likely he was just trying to make an impression and/or he was simply trying to vent his long buried emotions, but I'm still worried for him. Perhaps I've been oversensitive on this issue in the past couple days. I think he is just a frustrated young man that needs understanding. He doesn't need aggravations. I will change the way I treat him and try harder to understand him.

Grapefruit Garden