Old January 27, 2004, 19:31   #31
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 12:10
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Because he doesn't like Bush and anyone that beats him is ok with him .
Hi Monk. It usually isn't a good idea to answer questions about your personal opinions while using a DL.

Tass: Promise?
Old January 27, 2004, 19:31   #32
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 02:10
Local Date: November 3, 2010
The LA Times exit poll has Dean by a point 34-33. Somehow I think the other is probably more likely.
Old January 27, 2004, 19:33   #33
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by PLATO

As if the next Prez will have a choice? You think terrorism will just stop if we do? Yeah...okay.
What are you on? Have you read any of my posts before?

I support Bush. *I* don't think terrorism will stop if we do. I do think there is a difference in how agressivley the different Democrats, if elected, will continue to agressivley persue the WoT.

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old January 27, 2004, 19:34   #34
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

The important thing here is whether or not Edwards gets third. If he doesn't that may be the end of the whole ballgame.
Old January 27, 2004, 19:34   #35
Monk
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 19:10
Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Let's not get too crazy (most significant politician of modern times ), but yes, it is dissapointing for Dean.
You don't agree Al Gore is a truly significant politician? He was VP for eight years!

Anyway Imran, I ought to let you know you were the one who sparked my interest in Kerry, because I thought hey, if Imran Siddiqui, the card-carrying Republican considers voting for a Democrat, that dude might be worth considering. Today, my friends are very impressed with my knowledge of American politics because I predicted in advance that Kerry would win

And Shi, you hope to continue the war on terror? Not that I don't agree to some extent, but your fundamental political views do seem to have changed considerably during the last year or so.
Old January 27, 2004, 19:35   #36
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
If Dean gets New Hampshire, I'll perform a ritual suicide.
GO DEAN!!!!!!!!

Do you have a webcam Tass?
Old January 27, 2004, 19:38   #37
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 13:10
Quote:
Originally posted by Agathon
That'll do me.
You wish.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old January 27, 2004, 19:42   #38
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 17:10
[QUOTE} Tass: Promise? [/QUOTE]

Quote:

GO DEAN!!!!!!!!

Do you have a webcam Tass?
DD and Agathon agree on something!
Old January 27, 2004, 19:42   #39
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by OzzyKP

You wish.

Get real. I'd sooner do a "Kenobi" and slip Mariah Carey a length than touch that moronic, whining slag.
Old January 27, 2004, 19:42   #40
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 11:10
Predict the results!
My inevitably wrong predictions:

Kerry 37
Dean 34
Edwards 14
Clark 10 (drops out, endorses either Dean or Edwards. I can't see him endorsing Kerry.)
Lieberman 4 (drops out, endorses Kerry)
ROF 1
Old January 27, 2004, 19:43   #41
Monk
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

't
Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
Why's that?
Hi DinoDoc. Well,

I'm hoping Kerry will run for President so that he might attract a whole bunch of guys like Imran that wouldn't otherwise vote for Bush. I'm thinking Kerry will win the nomination because the Democrats will realize that Dean doesn't stand a chance. Although Dean could succesfully intimidate the enemies of the U.S with his scary battle cries, it's not gonna happen.

And I really hope Bush will lose because I read the last State of the Union and it seemed like Bush or whoever wrote his speech thought that he had God on his side, and that's scary as hell. Also, I think the Americans will be better off internationally with a Democrat. I remember when Clinton visited my city - Copenhagen - and virtually everybody saluted him regardless of how many times he had ****ed something up. I understand if you don't care the slightest about international reputations, but do know that we're talking about your tax dollars here.
Old January 27, 2004, 19:44   #42
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Quote:
You don't agree Al Gore is a truly significant politician? He was VP for eight years!
No... for one reason, he lost the Presidential election. In modern politics, with the lone exception of Richard Nixon, the loser in a Presidential election drops off the face of the Earth, and Gore has just about done so.

Quote:
Anyway Imran, I ought to let you know you were the one who sparked my interest in Kerry, because I thought hey, if Imran Siddiqui, the card-carrying Republican considers voting for a Democrat, that dude might be worth considering. Today, my friends are very impressed with my knowledge of American politics because I predicted in advance that Kerry would win

Go Kerry!! I like the fact that he is honest, will try to balance the budget, and did vote for the War in Iraq. I don't agree with all of his plans, but enough to make me root and vote (Georgia has an open primary) for him.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old January 27, 2004, 19:44   #43
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Re: Predict the results!
Quote:
Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
My inevitably wrong predictions:

Kerry 37
Dean 34
Edwards 14
Clark 10 (drops out, endorses either Dean or Edwards. I can't see him endorsing Kerry.)
Lieberman 4 (drops out, endorses Kerry)
ROF 1
Um Vlad - how does "predicting" the results when they've basically been posted count for anything?
Old January 27, 2004, 19:45   #44
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

I was hoping for an Edwards second place finish, but this is cool with me. Clark got fourth. w00t!

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005
Old January 27, 2004, 19:47   #45
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Monk: Is it just the fact that Imran likes him that attracts you to his campaign or is there an actual position of his that you feel is worthy of your support? Please understand that I'm not trolling, I genuinely am curious about the support candidates recieve beyond the "Anyone but Bush" crowd.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old January 27, 2004, 19:48   #46
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Re: Re: Predict the results!
Quote:

Um Vlad - how does "predicting" the results when they've basically been posted count for anything?
Because there's no actual results that have been released. And the polls here are open for another 10 minutes.

Plus I'm lazy and I suck.
Old January 27, 2004, 19:51   #47
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Re: Re: Re: Predict the results!
Quote:
Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov

Plus I'm lazy and I suck.

Sig material.
Old January 27, 2004, 19:58   #48
Monk
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
Is it just the fact that Imran likes him that attracts you to his campaign or is there an actual position of his that you feel is worthy of your support? Please understand that I'm not trolling, I genuinely am curious about the support candidates recieve beyond the "Anyone but Bush" crowd.
Well, I have to admit my personal concern regarding Bush has a lot to say on this issue. Indeed, I join the hordes of people who are ready to support whatever candidate poses the most serious challenge against your incumbent President. And it's not because he's a Republican, it's because he's George W. Bush. I would probably support McCain for President, as would many others. Bush, on the other hand... no thank you.
Old January 27, 2004, 20:01   #49
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
I'm hoping Kerry will run for President so that he might attract a whole bunch of guys like Imran that wouldn't otherwise vote for Bush.
I think Dean has a better capacity to do that since he's a little bit closer to the center, and more importantly he's more committed to democracy so he has a McCain-like reformist aura around him. For instance, I know a couple libertarians that are big Dean supporters.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
-Bokonon
Old January 27, 2004, 20:10   #50
Monk
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramo

I think Dean has a better capacity to do that since he's a little bit closer to the center, and more importantly he's more committed to democracy so he has a McCain-like reformist aura around him. For instance, I know a couple libertarians that are big Dean supporters.
Libertarians supporting Dean? That's kind of interesting. I feel very disadvantaged in all this because the media around here doesn't focus on details like that. Some European countries are self-centered in the sense that they generally don't try to accomplish any comprehensive focus on international affairs
Old January 27, 2004, 20:13   #51
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Re: Re: Re: Re: Predict the results!
Quote:

Sig material.
There's a lot of sig material where that came from.
Old January 27, 2004, 20:21   #52
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

I'm a libertarian who likes Dean. At least more than the other Dems in the race. I registered Democrat to vote for him in the primary. Even if he wins the nomination I won't vote for him in the general election. My vote is reserved for the libertarian.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old January 27, 2004, 20:28   #53
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

I'm a libertarian who likes Dean. At least more than the other Dems in the race. I registered Democrat to vote for him in the primary. Even if he wins the nomination I won't vote for him in the general election. My vote is reserved for the libertarian.

Old January 27, 2004, 20:34   #54
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Monk

Well, I have to admit my personal concern regarding Bush has a lot to say on this issue. Indeed, I join the hordes of people who are ready to support whatever candidate poses the most serious challenge against your incumbent President. And it's not because he's a Republican, it's because he's George W. Bush. I would probably support McCain for President, as would many others. Bush, on the other hand... no thank you.
The surest way to get reelected in American is to have a bunch of foreigners supporting your opponent.

You are George's best friend.
Old January 27, 2004, 20:37   #55
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shi Huangdi

What are you on? Have you read any of my posts before?

I support Bush. *I* don't think terrorism will stop if we do. I do think there is a difference in how agressivley the different Democrats, if elected, will continue to agressivley persue the WoT.
Dude...I have read them and agree with most. It's just the absurdity that the dems have put out that any Prez will be able to determine weather or not the war on terrorism continues. It was no offense meant to you...just the idea behind the propoganda that the dems try to push down the American's throat. In looking back on my post it does look like I was dissing you...That is definately not what I meant. Please accept my humble apologies.
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old January 27, 2004, 20:45   #56
Monk
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmytrick

The surest way to get reelected in American is to have a bunch of foreigners supporting your opponent.

You are George's best friend.
Did I ever mention that I support the campaign of the remarkable George W. Bush? What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man!
Old January 27, 2004, 20:46   #57
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 10:10
btw Hilary Clinton is the most significant democratic politician of modern times.

Al gore? not a chance. Bill Clinton still has more popularity than him.
Old January 27, 2004, 20:47   #58
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

looks like I'll have to go out and find a Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker. I may be an economic conservative. But whatever Bush is doing with the economy isn't economic conservatism.
Old January 27, 2004, 20:50   #59
Monk
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
looks like I'll have to go out and find a Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker.
I'd hold on for a little more time if I were you... Kerry is probably stupid enough to choose somebody else but Edwards
Old January 27, 2004, 21:32   #60
Potassium
Chieftain

UPDATE:

CNN projects Sen. John Kerry will win New Hampshire primary.