Old January 28, 2004, 19:34   #31
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 18:13
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Drogue:
28 posts in the first hour for the RC. Is that a record? Will have biggest alcoholics up when I'm at work tomorrow. But I now have 340, and Kass has 374 in the lead I think I got about 117 posts in the last one
Sure, with your triple- and quad-posting

The girl wears a Dirndl!!! Yeehaw!
The perfect sybiosis of Japanese Schoolgirls, beer and Dirndl
Old January 28, 2004, 19:52   #32
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:13
Dirndl is back already? Its a long time till Oktober

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 28, 2004, 20:37   #33
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by Micha
Sure, with your triple- and quad-posting
I've only had two in a row here, and that's because there was another post there when I'd posted my first!

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old January 28, 2004, 20:54   #34
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Excuses, excuses. Just WHO is the barman here, Drogue?

-Jam
Old January 28, 2004, 20:57   #35
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 19:13
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Excuses, excuses. Just WHO is the barman here, Drogue?

-Jam
The one who I'm asking a beer off course!!

/me gazes to Drogue, lifting his empty glass
Old January 28, 2004, 23:46   #36
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 04:13
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I think I need to catch up. No "Biggest alcoholic" list would be complete without some Skanky in it.

3 bourbon and cokes please.
Old January 29, 2004, 00:24   #37
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 11:13
*Octavian, in an entirely unexpected move, eats a xenodoughnut.
Old January 29, 2004, 00:35   #38
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 12:13
No Octavian! That xenodoughnut has xenofungus all over it!

Too late...
Old January 29, 2004, 01:41   #39
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 11:13
It's not xenofungus!

If you were a good Hiverian citizen, you'd know it was husk of mindworm, a substance with good mind control properties taste.

Old January 29, 2004, 04:22   #40
Jamski
Deity

/me waits for Octavian to swallow, and activates the small hand-held device *

Now your thoughts are MINE to control *snigger*

I command you to come on hot to Skanky, under the illusion that he looks like his avatar!

-Jam
Old January 29, 2004, 04:52   #41
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Oh no! Did I miss the opening party?

/me wonders around checking the new floor and greeting friends.

Very nice views Drogue! Are those flying trees real or holograms? They look very nice, little bit like the ones at the top floor, Yggdrasil
Anyway now that the hostilities have ceased again with tass, its time to refill!

/me orders a canister of liquid hydrogen and a pint of Leffe Vielle Cuvee

Ah yes, I really need this

/me is thirsty from combatting tassadar

Who wants to hear War Stories?

- Paul Valery

Last edited by laurentius; January 29, 2004 at 06:47.
Old January 29, 2004, 05:33   #42
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 18:13
Quote:
Originally posted by laurentius

Tell me everything!
Old January 29, 2004, 05:59   #43
Jamski
Deity

Yes Grandpa! We all want to hear how you beat the French using only a soup spoon and a small cat (again)

-Jam
Old January 29, 2004, 07:42   #44
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

It's what you've been waiting for people, The Biggest Alcoholics List:

Code:
Kassiopeia 	378
Drogue 	343
Maniac 	289
Method 	285
GeneralTacticus 	208
Jamski 	189
FlameFlash 	186
Hercules 	149
DeathByTheSword 	135
HongHu 	135
Pandemoniak 	99
Cedayon 	87
Lemmy 	84
Crimson Sunrise 	78
Kody 	73
Vev 	73
MrWhereItsAt 	65
Micha 	49
Anodyne 	46
Archaic 	43
Comrade Tassadar 	40
Corellion 	30
Octavian X 	26
Frankychan 	24
laurentius 	24
Kirov 	22
lucky22 	20
Skanky Burns 	20
Enigma_Nova 	17
Static Universe 	17
GeoModder 	16
History Guy 	16
moomin 	16
Googlie 	15
Apocalypse 	14
jtsisyoda 	14
Flubber 	13
Atlantian 	11
Aaron Blackwell 	10
Zero 	10
Mellian 	9
Voltaire 	9
Comrade Chris 	8
Minute Mirage 	8
johndmuller 	7
Darkness' Edge 	6
Impaler[WrG] 	6
t_ras 	6
Diablero 	5
Earwicker 	5
Gert 	5
Jhanactus 	5
Trip 	5
ColdWizard 	4
Main_Brain 	4
Makahlua 	4
Schinkenjoe 	4
Ari Rahikkala 	3
Puupertti Ruma 	3
Vlad Antlerkov 	3
- Groucho - 	2
Haon 	2
Mead 	2
MrSnoid 	2
The Bloody Baro 	2
AdamTG02 	1
dmm1285 	1
Gnool 	1
Ignorance 	1
Mongoose 	1
obstructor	1
Rasbelin 	1
Vander 	1
Whaleboy 	1
And the biggest drinkers for the 7th floor:

Code:
Drogue 	116
Jamski 	66
HongHu 	43
Micha 	35
Maniac 	25
laurentius 	23
Skanky Burns 	20
Enigma_Nova 	17
Hercules 	17
MrWhereItsAt 	17
GeoModder 	16
Kassiopeia 	14
Vev 	14
Comrade Tassadar 	9
Kody 	9
Octavian X 	9
FlameFlash 	7
GeneralTacticus 	6
Method 	6
Minute Mirage 	6
t_ras 	6
DeathByTheSword 	5
Gert 	5
jtsisyoda 	4
Pandemoniak 	3
Impaler[WrG] 	2
Mead 	2
Zero 	2
Frankychan 	1
Main_Brain 	1
obstructor 	1

Old January 29, 2004, 07:46   #45
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Very nice views Drogue! Are those flying trees real or holograms?
They are as real as you or I, in that in the world of our mind, they are inputs for our senses.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Quote:
Yes Grandpa! We all want to hear how you beat the French using only a soup spoon and a small cat (again)

Old January 29, 2004, 07:48   #46
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
* GeoModder gazes to Drogue, lifting his empty glass
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
3 bourbon and cokes please.
Quote:
* laurentius orders a canister of liquid hydrogen and a pint of Leffe Vielle Cuvee
/me runs into the back and grabs some drinks. A flurry of activity is seen, then Drogue emerges with 3 bourbon and cokes, a Xenobrew, a canister, seemingly covered by a fog, and a couple of Leffes, and settles down to listen to Lauri's war stories

Old January 29, 2004, 08:27   #47
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Cycon War Stories Part 1

The Awakening

Function KO9 theres a new message for you the voice kept repeating this until I was up on my feet again.

Uh, Roxanne? What happened? I asked from the PASRS or Personal Automatic Sub-Routine System that takes over any fuction when they are in stand-by mode or otherwise unable to respond. Mine was called Roxanne. A terrible headache hinted me that some of my circuitry might have been damaged because of the apparent blast.

You were knocked down by powerful EMP impulse when you were connected to The Core by your BioPort. Source of the impulse is unknown. Roxanne replied.

"Thats impossible,this tass.exe seems like the most advanced virus I've ever seen in the Core Network" I thought and opened the message.Thank you Roxanne, I can take it from here I dismissed her. An extremely complicated coded message started to encode itself on the 5-D holoscreen. It contained only one sentence:"WORSHIP ME OR DIE". A zip file was also attached. I moved it to a totally isolated computer in case it would contain hypervirus,a Trojan Horse or anything like that. Instead I saw something even more horrible. A complete simulation of the Mainframe Orders for next year. I ordered the computer to execute the orders to see if this was diffrent from the original orders stored behind nine rows of vaults each equipped with TRUEGUARD programs and functions so deadly that their existence is kept secret from most of the peace loving Cycon. "This is outrageous, these cant be the original orders " I pondered as the computer finished the its simulation.

No anomalities except one, The Logic Loop is obliterated

I see, Thank you function 00101001011 I said to the immobile function or computer as earthmen used to call them. In Cycon everyone is refferred to as function of course whether it is an android/cyborg or immobile function such as 00101001011.
"So he wants to play tough with me, well let him have it" I quickly opened a secure connection thru AirCon to the Core Network Authority. I transmitted my raw data about the last 20 minutes including memories, feelings, and thoughts. After two seconds I got a reply authorising me to continue SuperDOSsing the virus in order to defeat its guarding sub-routines and thus penetrate its shields. I was given bandwidth of 700 pentabytes to work with so I would be able to launch billions of counter attacks at the same time. Coding so many counter attacks is always risky since you have to make duplicating sub-routines and once you lost controll over them they need to be killed alltogether making you to start coding them all over again.

I plugged myself to The Core thru BioPort to use all the bandwidth I was given. "Ah crap" said a loud as I noticed that Tassadars EMP had drained most of my batteries. Luckily there was a plug nearby.

"00101010111010000110001001010100001011110010101010 11010001001000100110010110001110100101110001001100 010010"
The mainframe operator amically greeted me.

I felt the golden chariots were a bit excessive, but this was the way any function from the Twilight Zone would be travelling outside. The presence of malicious code grew stronger as I approached the quarantine area in the speed of light. The area was known as "The Grand Temple Of Tassadar" self titled by the virus, tass.exe. And there it was, sucking functions from surrounding Cyberspace like a giant black hole or tumour replacing the functions IdentSourceCode with useless orders to spam and worship Tassadar trapping them in an eternal loop and slavery.
"TASS MUST PAY FOR HIS CRIMES AGAINST CYCON AND DIE NOW" I greeted the avatars guarding the Temples entrance. They seemed somewhat unhappy about this so I had to quick format them both. "Bam!" and they bite the dust. I dodged the upcoming nukebullets shot by the railguns mounted in the eyes of the giant statue of Tassadar representing him as God. The way to the Temple was open and the sacret superhighway seemed like the most practical and comfort way forward...

- Paul Valery

Last edited by laurentius; January 29, 2004 at 09:25.
Old January 29, 2004, 08:41   #48
laurentius
King

/me empties the pint of leffe

- Paul Valery
Old January 29, 2004, 09:13   #49
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 04:13
Local Date: November 3, 2010
/me drinks two of the bourbons and starts on the third.
So what happened then?
Old January 29, 2004, 09:18   #50
laurentius
King

Cycon War Stories Part 2

Replicators

The presence of supramagnetic code always messes my probability time series analysis calculations. It was now clear to me that taking the straightes way forward thru the temple court yard obviously wasnt the best move. This place was like a giant heart beating magnetic waves, I felt a bit dizzy so I turned off all secondary routines and started to use my supportive power only, the old fashioned blood veins used mainly for thermal insulence purposes in modern cyborgs.

The enemy had clearly calculated that I would come without back up since this was sensitive op. Millions of replicators were still a dangerous enemy and in beating them the only way is to use same kinds of methods as fullhumans use against Mindworms. Dedication, discipline and ignorance are the only ways to defeat these creatures. Otherwise they will literally eat you alive. My movement had slowed significantly because of these things and I was surprised it took me 22 hours to get past them all. Clearly the enemy was more powerful then ever.

"WORSHIP ME INFIDEL OR PREPARE TO MEET MY WRATH!" a loud voice said. "the voice of GOD!" mind controlled followers of the church of Tassadar shouted and continued their daily worship. I was shocked to see some of my childhood friends from the "plug and play" cyborgs chreche now turned to slaves just for Tassadars pleasure.

More replicators appeared as I was almost at the stairs to the temple. They start to metamorphose as they formed a ring around me..creating millions of human like creatures. Suddenly they all started to speak at the same time.

"I AM TASSADAR THE CREATOR OF LIFE, GOD OF THE CYCON AND PROTECTOR OF THE UNIVERSE. I AM THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA, THE BHAGWA, HANADA, BAZZIBASOOKA AND LORD. I CONTROLL TIME AND SPACE. YOUR JOURNEY ENDS HERE, SURRENDER YOUR LIFE CODE TO ME"

- Paul Valery

Last edited by laurentius; January 29, 2004 at 09:23.
Old January 29, 2004, 09:39   #51
laurentius
King

/me asks for another pint since his mouth is dry again

- Paul Valery
Old January 29, 2004, 10:36   #52
Drogue
staff

/me get's Lauri another Leffe (though Leffe's are always served in branded half-litres, not pints).

Alcoholics analysis: Just worked out, because I was bored, that the top 10 posters (Kass to HongHu), despite being only 13% of the number of posters, account for 66% of all posts in the Rec Commons And despite only being around for 5 Rec Commons, I have almost 10% by myself! I think that makes me have the most prolific average, of 69 posts per floor.

Old January 29, 2004, 12:02   #53
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 12:13
Quote:
And the biggest drinkers for the 7th floor:
My god. How did you make it up to the next floor with all the blood alcohol content? I would have started rolling down midway to the 8th floor if I were you.
Old January 29, 2004, 12:17   #54
Drogue
staff

Well, I'm learning to take my alcohol. And I most serve, not drink it now Besides, we have a turbolift...

Old January 29, 2004, 12:23   #55
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
* Drogue get's Lauri another Leffe (though Leffe's are always served in branded half-litres, not pints).
Here they are in bottles of 33 cl.
Old January 29, 2004, 12:24   #56
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

*obstructor enters CDA with a squad of CyberGorillas
*for some reason Micha hides behind the bar

I object Drogue - I never drank anything and I am at the biggest alcoholics list! This is an insult!
*Exits CDA with squad of CyberGorillas
*Micha returns to his previous place
Old January 29, 2004, 12:31   #57
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Here they are in bottles of 33 cl.
I meant on Planet. I presumed we'd use metric?

Over here thay are served in half-pint branded glasses, shaped like a large wine glass. It's very hard to find them in bottles over here, in which they are usually sold from a wholesaler. You cannot buy a pint of Leffe anywhere I've seen. You'd have to buy two halves.

obstructor: Shsss, I had to fiddle with the figures, since this is a "no parking" zone, so that you could come in here without drinking those CyberGorilla's make way to much noise!

Old January 29, 2004, 13:01   #58
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

*CyberPigeon enters CDA and hands a datapad
"Sorry. I am currently installing Silent Walk Enhanchement into them. Will return when this is finished."
*CyberPigeon flys out of CDA
Old January 29, 2004, 16:27   #59
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 14:13
Argh! That scoundrel maniac has passed me! Get me a Hive Mind Stuff and a case of Xenobrew, and i'll be on my way.

RAWR
Old January 29, 2004, 16:56   #60
Drogue
staff

/me wanders into the back to pick up a HMS and some Xenobrew, lazily.

He comes back, dancing to a jazzy beat, a lazy synchopation in his step