Old January 29, 2004, 17:05   #61
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 19:13
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Method
Argh! That scoundrel maniac has passed me! Get me a Hive Mind Stuff and a case of Xenobrew, and i'll be on my way.
Hah! You will not be able to defeat the Power of Leffe! I will remain a bigger alcoholic than you!
Old January 29, 2004, 18:02   #62
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:13
Mmmm Leffe. And Hoegarten Yummy.

What happens next in the war story Gramps? I'm on the edge of my seat. Did you kill Tass? These miserable apes will never understand the importance of telling the story properly I'd really like to find out what happened next. Although they have their uses in the Hive laboratories

Cheers!

/me raises his emptied glass *

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 29, 2004, 19:28   #63
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
And Hoegarten Yummy.
Guess what someone just bought a 4 pack of Hoegaarten is really wonderful, although I'd take a Leffe over it, just. Erdiger Weiss is quite nice too, although not as good, IMHO.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Last edited by Drogue; January 29, 2004 at 19:51.
Old January 29, 2004, 20:17   #64
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I was at the Erdinger Brauerei in the summer. Its just a standard pub beer round here though. You don't even ask for it by name, just ask for a "Hefe" and you get an Erdinger (or maybe a Paulianer)

-Jam
Old January 29, 2004, 20:26   #65
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 18:13
Hefeweizen isn´t that good. I´d prefer a Köstritzer Schwarzbier...

Drogue, do you have Schwarzbier?
Old January 29, 2004, 21:03   #66
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue

Guess what someone just bought a 4 pack of
Four pack? what four pack? I see only 3 and a halve anymore!!

/me 's eyes look suspiciously
Old January 29, 2004, 22:30   #67
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 04:13
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I only see 2 and a half now...

/me starts drinking his newly-found beer.
Old January 30, 2004, 04:17   #68
Jamski
Deity

Its more of a no-pack now.

/me shrugs innocently *

-Jam
Old January 30, 2004, 04:46   #69
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Well, we had best get that keg of bourbon opened then, otherwise there won't be too much around here left to drink...
Old January 30, 2004, 04:57   #70
Jamski
Deity

Oh, you thought that keg wasn't empty

/me tries to hide the collection of old mismatched bottles under the table, filled with a golden brown liquid *

Sorry, the whiskey's all gone, Skanky

-Jam
Old January 30, 2004, 04:59   #71
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Hey Jamski, Do you still want to hear the rest of the story?

- Paul Valery
Old January 30, 2004, 05:09   #72
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Fiction is an important part of CyConian culture now....
But what Laurentius won't tell you is that FICTION.DLL is called by SPAM.EXE, an executable *I* integrated into the CyConian Main Update CyCle
Old January 30, 2004, 05:16   #73
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Fiction? And you think your real God?

Yes, sadly your right. You managed to merge spam.exe and CyconMainExecutable....temporarily together. The fight continues, and the evil-doers will be brought to justice, or the justice will be brought to them!

I need a drink...

- Paul Valery

Last edited by laurentius; January 30, 2004 at 05:22.
Old January 30, 2004, 05:38   #74
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

at Geo, Skanky and Jamski

Micha: I've never heard of Schwarzbier. Can you provide a picture of it so I might be able to synth some?

/me goes and opens another keg of synthale, and sits back to relax in his big confortable chair at the edge of the bar

Old January 30, 2004, 05:52   #75
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:13
Damnit, I need to post more. Drogue is obviously hellbent on taking my lead. Thankfully I'm more concerned about my post count in the Suomithreadis, and there I have a comfortable 1400 post lead.
Old January 30, 2004, 06:44   #76
Skanky Burns

Jamski, I can *sense* bourbon from over 100 meters away.
But don't worry, I won... OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT IN THE WINDOW BEHIND YOU?!?
/me grabs several of the bottles while Jamski is distracted

Personally, I'm just trying to make a mark on the alcoholics list.
Old January 30, 2004, 06:48   #77
Drogue
staff

Kassi:
Aren't they Off Topic though, so no +1s?

Skanky: You're already halfway up. Making a mark isn't that hard, it seems

Old January 30, 2004, 07:01   #78
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Hey Jamski, Do you still want to hear the rest of the story?
Beat it Grampa! I mean sure, tell us about the Impact Rifle inspector again.
Quote:
I've never heard of Schwarzbier.
And you call yourself a "barman"
Quote:
Jamski, I can *sense* bourbon from over 100 meters away.
Damm, spotted. I'll Have to share it with you then... wait... oh... I'm sure I had more bottles than that. Sorry, I'll have to keep them for "medical reasons"
/me hears a clinking noise as Skanky turns round *
HEY!! I can HEAR Bourbon from 5 yards away!
/me tackles Skanky, sending bottles and furniture flying. *
TAKE THAT!

-Jam
Old January 30, 2004, 07:17   #79
Skanky Burns

Bartender, quickly, a bottle of wine!
I can't break a bottle of bourbon over Jamski's head.
/me keeps hold of some of the bottles, and watches where the others roll to
Old January 30, 2004, 07:34   #80
Jamski
Deity

/me scrabbles around trying to grab the whiskey and sit on Skanky's head at the same time *

No, Drogue, not a bottle of wine! Give him a baguette!

-Jam
Old January 30, 2004, 07:39   #81
Drogue
staff

No, there is to be no fighting in this bar.

/me looks at the Gorilla, who, noticing his command, comes to break it up. The Gorilla walks into the middle of the fighting Jamski and Skanky, takes the bottles out of Skanky's arms, bends down to pick up a couple that fell to the floor, and walks to the bar. He sits on a bar stool, puts the bottles in front of him on the bar, uncorks one, and puts the liquid to his lips.

/me wonders if selling tickets would be a good idea

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
And you call yourself a "barman"
Yes. An English one.

I wouldn't expect to find Shepard Neame, or Frog, or Adnams, in a German bar. Indeed, I've never met a German who hasn't lived in England who knows of these fine ales. But then, I am a cocktail barman

Old January 30, 2004, 07:39   #82
Skanky Burns

That isn't a bad idea, actually.
/me pushes Jamski to the floor
A baguette and a bottle of wine please Drogue!

Now to try drinking the bourbon, escape from Jamski AND grab more whiskey bottles than Jamski.

EDIT: Well, that would be my plan had a gorilla not stolen my precious bottles.
But since you have a supply of whiskey again Drouge...
Old January 30, 2004, 07:55   #83
Drogue
staff

/me grabs du pain, du vin et du bourbon and plants it down in front of Skanky.

Let us forget our troubles and drink!

Old January 30, 2004, 07:57   #84
Skanky Burns

Sir, yes sir!
Drinkin as ordered, sir! :salute:
Old January 30, 2004, 08:11   #85
Skanky Burns

/me grumbles to Jamski about that "damned prime function"
Old January 30, 2004, 08:22   #86
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:13
Quote:
Aren't they Off Topic though, so no +1s?
So what? I still get to brag that I've posted 2800 posts in them I wonder if my ST count will ever reach my actual visible post count.
Old January 30, 2004, 08:24   #87
Drogue
staff

Was just a suggestion...

Besides, tomorrow's my last day. Therefore, I shall be holding a party for the new CyCon government (well, actually the bar will, since I'm holding a party for a few friends IRL).

Old January 30, 2004, 08:26   #88
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia
So what? I still get to brag that I've posted 2800 posts in them I wonder if my ST count will ever reach my actual visible post count.
That's a lot of posts. A *lot* of posts

Old January 30, 2004, 08:42   #89
Skanky Burns

Just kidding of course, Drogue. One more for the road, I have to be up in around 5 hours time for work...
Old January 30, 2004, 08:48   #90
Drogue
staff

Lol, I thought that

/me get's Skanky another drink.

Nasty Just think of the liquor though, all the people you'll make happy by providing them with their booze