Old February 5, 2004, 07:55   #211
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 17:13
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
* GeoModder just receives splendid news on his secure comlink and starts beaming smiles

Drogue, a tour for the house, I just heard that CyCon has as many members as Hive. That need's to be celebrated.

* GeoModder sticks out his hand in which Drogue VERY shortly undoubtedly will put a surprise drink
/me puts a 'surprise' drink in GeoModder's hand

Enjoy

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Its only 125 proof though.
Tsk! Whiskey should be served at 105 proof, anything above that means it's been diluted with ethanol, and loses it's flavour

/me gazes lovingly towards his Glenfarclas Cask-Strength 105...

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old February 5, 2004, 07:56   #212
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Quote:
I think it's quite obvious who's gonna be the alcoholics of the floor

* GeoModder looks over Jamski and Skanky (in alphabetic order)
Actually, Skanky's has 39, while Jamski and I have 37 Which means the post after this I make, I become equal with Kass on the biggest alcoholics of all time list

Old February 5, 2004, 07:58   #213
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

But

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 5, 2004, 07:58   #214
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I can

-Jam
Old February 5, 2004, 07:59   #215
Jamski
Deity

...stay ahead by...

-Jam
Old February 5, 2004, 08:00   #216
Jamski
Deity

...posting twice a minute.

-Jam
Old February 5, 2004, 08:02   #217
Drogue
staff

Jamski: That's just silly +1s, and as the official bartender and list co-ordinator, I declare that they will not be counted (I'll ask Tass to move them to the spam deletion thread). Double posts, when replying to different people, are fine, there is a point to using two posts. Sentances that are just spam like that attract moderators.

Old February 5, 2004, 08:03   #218
Jamski
Deity

Well, quickly, let's have an important philosophical debate and push onto the next page so noone can see them.

-Jam
Old February 5, 2004, 09:13   #219
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 04:13
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Bad Jamski, bad!
Old February 5, 2004, 09:14   #220
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Well, quickly, let's have an important philosophical debate and push onto the next page so noone can see them.
Ok then, the most important question of all: what would you like to drink?

Old February 5, 2004, 09:15   #221
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Tsk! Whiskey should be served at 105 proof, anything above that means it's been diluted with ethanol, and loses it's flavour

* Drogue gazes lovingly towards his Glenfarclas Cask-Strength 105...

Booker's Bourbon is the only uncut, unfiltered, straight-from-the-barrel, connoisseur's sipping bourbon available today. It's bottled at its natural proof of between 121 and 127, and aged between six and eight years.

It is the best bourbon. Apparently. I haven't actually opened the bottle yet, I am saving it for a special occasion.
Old February 5, 2004, 09:22   #222
Drogue
staff

Ahh, must be different for bourbon. Scotch, straight from the barrel, is between 60 and 65% vol (about 105 proof). Glenfarclas is obviously, being a single malt, uncut and unfiltered. Wonderful stuff, that and Glenmorangie are my favourite malts

The only US whisky I've tasted is the stuff we get here, Jack, Jim Bean and Southern Comfort.

Old February 5, 2004, 09:33   #223
Skanky Burns

Ugh, Southo. That has got to be the worst bourbon ever. Although technically it is a peach liquor, not a bourbon. But you have to wonder about a product that attempts to look like a bottle of methylated spirits.

In my collection at home, I have Bookers, Makers Mark, Jack, Jim Beam (white, green, 4.5 liter barrel of black), Canadian Club, Wild Turkey and Wild Turkey Rare Breed. I think that is all the bourbons. Plus your assorted wines and liquors.

I'm not much into scotch, so the only one I have is Johnny Walker Black label which I bought when it was around $15 off.
Old February 5, 2004, 10:44   #224
Drogue
staff

That's a lot of Bourbon What are the characteristics? Which work best for different things? I've heard of a most of them (except for Bookers and Makers Mark).

Peach liquor? Doesn't taste of peach Doesn't taste particularly nice either, but it's what my non-whiskey drinking friends will drink. At £15 a bottle it's a bit dear too. Decent blended scotch is only about £11-12, although Jack is ~£17.

Old February 5, 2004, 10:59   #225
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 19:13
can CC's be plugged to electricity?
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 5, 2004, 11:04   #226
Drogue
staff

We can recharge the batteries for our enhancements, yes.

w00t, 3 people on 42 posts exactly Maybe it's a sign...

Spoiler:
Keep... drinking...

Old February 5, 2004, 16:47   #227
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by t_ras
can CC's be plugged to electricity?
Even minor lightning can do the trick

/me gulps down the drink in one swallow, fully realising that one of the next comments by Drogue will be a fine remark on the contents of the glass...

Wil my response be:
-
-
-
or -
Old February 5, 2004, 17:55   #228
Jamski
Deity

Hmmm, whisk(e)y chat

I have to admit that for scotch I like JW red label. Yes, its not the best, yes its a blend... but its just the whiskey I've always been drinking. My flat is full of empty JW bottles. As for Yank whisky (bourbon) I like Wild Turkey or Makers. Jack is a Tenessee whisky, not a bourbon BTW, and Southern Comfort is a mixer

I got a very nice Speyside 20-year-old single malt for Xmas though from Mrs Jamski's dad. That's nearly all gone

-Jam
Old February 5, 2004, 18:28   #229
Drogue
staff

Quote:
I have to admit that for scotch I like JW red label. Yes, its not the best, yes its a blend... but its just the whiskey I've always been drinking. My flat is full of empty JW bottles. As for Yank whisky (bourbon) I like Wild Turkey or Makers. Jack is a Tenessee whisky, not a bourbon BTW, and Southern Comfort is a mixer
Jack is a Tenessee Sour Mash. Southern Comfort may be a mixer, but it's used in the best titled cocktail of them all.

Quote:
I got a very nice Speyside 20-year-old single malt for Xmas though from Mrs Jamski's dad. That's nearly all gone
A very special person bought be a gorgeous bottle of Glenmorangie for Xmas

Which malt is it?

Old February 5, 2004, 18:29   #230
Drogue
staff

Quote:
* GeoModder gulps down the drink in one swallow, fully realising that one of the next comments by Drogue will be a fine remark on the contents of the glass...

Wil my response be:
-
-
-
or -

Actually, I was going to leave it to your imagination I hate to define such exuberant pleasure

Old February 5, 2004, 19:26   #231
Skanky Burns

Makers Mark is my favourite bourbon, very smooth and tasty, but it has some bite as well. It is the strongest bourbon available for under 50$ along with Wild Turkey, both of which are 43% alcohol per volume. It is sweeter than Wild Turkey. Funny that both of these ones are Jamski's preferred...

I realise that JD isn't a bourbon, but I didn't think there was much point in bringing that up.
Old February 5, 2004, 20:06   #232
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 18:13
/me listens to the whiskey/bourbon debate, shaking his head...
Drogue, could I have a simple Becherovka please? It´s not a bourbon, but it´ll do the trick for €5
Old February 5, 2004, 21:13   #233
Skanky Burns

All this talk of bourbon is making me thirsty.
Drogue, I think you know what to do.
Old February 5, 2004, 21:16   #234
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 14:13
all this talk of thirst is making me thirsty.
Old February 5, 2004, 21:38   #235
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 18:13
All this talk... ah, screw it
Old February 5, 2004, 23:37   #236
Skanky Burns

Old February 6, 2004, 05:38   #237
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

wher's my vodka?
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 6, 2004, 06:28   #238
Skanky Burns

OH, sorry, was that yours?
Old February 6, 2004, 06:31   #239
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Micha
* Micha listens to the whiskey/bourbon debate, shaking his head...
Drogue, could I have a simple Becherovka please? It´s not a bourbon, but it´ll do the trick for €5
Coming up.

/me goes to the back to get some Becherovka for Micha. On coming back he is hit by a flurry of orders...

Quote:
All this talk of bourbon is making me thirsty.
Quote:
Originally posted by Method
all this talk of thirst is making me thirsty.
Quote:
Originally posted by Micha
All this talk... ah, screw it

/me rushes out, grabs a few of bottles of bourbon, plants down 3 shot glasses, and using his bartending attachment pours all 3 shots at once, before planting a bottle next to each glass.

Looks like a good night

Quote:
Originally posted by t_ras
wher's my vodka?
Provided a while ago, IIRC. Nevermind, was probably drunk by someone else

Here's another
/me plants a shot of vodka in front of t_ras.

Old February 6, 2004, 06:37   #240
Drogue
staff

Quote:
OH, sorry, was that yours?
It appears I was right, it was drunk by someone else