Old March 23, 2004, 12:41   #481
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

Local Time: 19:19
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Haha I spoilt it myself when I started a game of ToB to see what it was like... that was stupid

Well fighters can take a lot of punishment.. I like that Nasty backstabbers can't kill you in one strike

Oh btw I had no crashes today while I did the 'lilarcor' riddle and the slaver's compound. I don't know why myself, must be my shoddy computer I guess.
I do wonder what the hell that room is you can access in the sewer under the copper coronet. You have to kill some mykonids and a mykonid king, but that's it... a door to another planar sphere or what? and for what purpose is it there in that sewer?
Old March 23, 2004, 12:48   #482
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 17:19
Lol... Having *$%£)%^ dualed to a thief would seem a little out of character to me. However good he is, he won't be in my party though, unless it inproves dialogue tremendously. Not due to allignment, I just don't think my NPC would ally with him.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old March 23, 2004, 12:56   #483
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Drogue...

Spoiler:
You can change his alignment and "redeem" him...

...not to mention that Deathbringer Assualt + Assassination + UAI + Holy Avenger = about 500,000,000 points of damage per round (ok, well more than 1,000 anyway)

Quote:
I do wonder what the hell that room is you can access in the sewer under the copper coronet. You have to kill some mykonids and a mykonid king, but that's it... a door to another planar sphere or what? and for what purpose is it there in that sewer?
Another cut quest, and not enough traces left for the Unfinished Business crew to reconstruct it... yet...

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 23, 2004, 13:53   #484
Stuie
King

Local Time: 13:19
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
If you REALLY want to know, highlight the spoiler below. I suggest you don't spoil the huge bigs shocking surprise that turns the whole BG story on its head.
Spoiler:
No chance, Dukie *sticks out tounge*

Can you resist it?

-Jam

Go ahead and read it, DoY.
Old March 23, 2004, 13:54   #485
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I think he already did

-Jam
Old March 23, 2004, 14:46   #486
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Jamski:
Spoiler:
It's not an allignment thing, it's just because I don't think my character would side with someone like that. He's still smarting after Yoshimo's actions, and wouldn't kick an old friend out of the party to allow a old enemy in.

Also, being a non-paladin, how can he use the Holy Avenger? A big if that's a special, even redeemed, he's no paladin, since even as a good character he would have fallen, and hasn't lived his life according to their standards.

Old March 23, 2004, 15:46   #487
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 10:19
Quote:
Drogue...

Spoiler:
You can change his alignment and "redeem" him...

...not to mention that Deathbringer Assualt + Assassination + UAI + Holy Avenger = about 500,000,000 points of damage per round (ok, well more than 1,000 anyway)

Another cut quest, and not enough traces left for the Unfinished Business crew to reconstruct it... yet...

-Jam
I always kill the myconids. even though there is no reason to. I figured it was something unfinished.
Old March 24, 2004, 03:59   #488
Jamski
Deity

Yeah Drogue, the dualclass to thief would be required for that.

And ANY creature that can cast Confusion (the most annoying spell I can imagine) deserves to die, so see the myconids as simply a task for the good of mankind.

-Jam
Old March 24, 2004, 07:12   #489
duke o' york
Civilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 18:19
Quote:
I think he already did

-Jam
I haven't, but I'm really tempted.
I don't want to spoil it though. I'm enjoying BG1 at the moment, and am keeping an eye out for no 2.
Was there something rude under that spoiler?
I would hope not. I shall see you at dawn if there was Mr Jamski. Would you prefer +3 two-handed swords or ultra-light crossbows?
Old March 24, 2004, 09:08   #490
Jamski
Deity

Nope, nothing rude. I wouldn't call Duchess of York a fat cow and then hide it under a spoiler tag.

(me sharpens his +3 two-handed sword anyway *

-Jam
Old March 24, 2004, 09:45   #491
Stuie
King

Well, I took the *new* NPC who shall be nameless, and left Mazzy in my new house.

Given that the new NPC is (currently) Chaotic Evil, do I need to keep my reputation below 18? It's easy enough to go Buffy now and then (and take the -2 to Reputation for doing so), but if I don't have to I'd rather not.

Also, how can I get to Watcher's Keep? I'm in some town with flaming catapult stones raining down on me right now. I know ToB is more linear, but didn't realize it was linear to the point of not being able to pick where I'm going ever.
Old March 24, 2004, 09:45   #492
Drogue
staff

Jamski: Can thieves use the Holy Avenger when dualclassed from fighters? That's a little freaky!

Old March 24, 2004, 10:01   #493
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Also, how can I get to Watcher's Keep? I'm in some town with flaming catapult stones raining down on me right now. I know ToB is more linear, but didn't realize it was linear to the point of not being able to pick where I'm going ever.
You have to escape from Saradush and then you are free to wander about the world map a bit. The game opens out slightly. Look at the beginning of SoA, its just the same. You start imprisoned somewhere.

Quote:
Jamski: Can thieves use the Holy Avenger when dualclassed from fighters? That's a little freaky!
Thiefs can take Use Any Item (UAI) as a Higher Level Ability, and it does like it says on the tin. Use ANY item. Of course, you need Fighter levels to get and ****'s in 2-handed swords, but you can really use ANY item, even ones that only certain NPCs can use Its the best thing about being a Theif.

-Jam
Old March 24, 2004, 10:05   #494
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:19
Edit: bah, Jamski got here first.
Old March 24, 2004, 11:35   #495
lord of the mark
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia
Edit: bah, Jamski got here first.
dont you just hate when that happens?
Old March 24, 2004, 12:54   #496
Drogue
staff

You get used to it after a while

Old March 24, 2004, 12:56   #497
Jamski
Deity

Ok, I'll wait an hour before answering the next one. Then whoever is desperatly stuck and needs a clue can suffer (Ummm, yeah Jamski )

I need an idea.

What should be the "theme" for my next run through BG2. I thought about doing the quartet of pure evil.

PC evil fighter/theif
Edwin evil übermage
Korgan evil little bugger
Viconia evil hot babe cleric

I'm not sure... it covers all the classes, but I'm not excited about it yet...

Perhaps an all-mage party?

Ideas, anyone?

-Jam
Old March 24, 2004, 13:19   #498
Drogue
staff

Evil Half-Orc PC barbarian and Virconia, fighting as a duet. Virconia can romance half orcs, she'd like the strength and power of him, especially being a barbarian. It's evil, but almost romantic, in a way. And the Barbarian can use the human skin armour, being evil and not able to use much decent stuff.

How's that sound?

Old March 24, 2004, 14:25   #499
Jamski
Deity

Umm...

It has possibilites...

Not having any magery or thievery would make it pretty tricky, and I imagine Vicci would need to summon loads of stuff...

Let's call this possibility C.
  • A - The basic balanced evil quartet
  • B - Magic galore (PC Sorceror, Edwin, Kelsey, Nalia, Imoen, Jan)
  • C - Beauty and the beast (Drogue's idea)

Keep them coming.

Not just the party, but suggestions of things the party must do/use/wear/kill/avoid too

-Jam
Old March 24, 2004, 15:24   #500
Drogue
staff

It's a lot less tricky than a solo. Having turn undead at high levels and magic helps a lot.

Another question: My Jaheira romance seems to have stalled. The bandits never came. How can I get them to turn up? When I get back to the surface anyway.

Old March 24, 2004, 15:33   #501
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

Local Time: 19:19
I have an idea... solo a BARD

Quote:
Thiefs can take Use Any Item (UAI) as a Higher Level Ability, and it does like it says on the tin. Use ANY item. Of course, you need Fighter levels to get and ****'s in 2-handed swords, but you can really use ANY item, even ones that only certain NPCs can use Its the best thing about being a Theif.
What's the point. They are not tanks; they have fewer HP and higher AC and worse thaco and number of attacks. Ok they can now use leet armour and stuff so that could come in handy.

Yeah a backstabbing thief with full plate armour would be a bit safer perhaps..
Old March 24, 2004, 15:35   #502
Jamski
Deity

You HAVE to rest outside to continue the romance.
Or perhaps you said the wrong thing and killed the love

I find a solo much easier than a duet. You level up so fast, and you can wear ALL the good gear yourself, and sell the rest to get the expensive goodies dead fast

-Jam
Old March 24, 2004, 16:57   #503
Drogue
staff

Ahhh, rest outside!

Old March 25, 2004, 02:16   #504
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Viconia evil hot babe cleric
Soooo true. I love Viconia.
"Now you're gonna ask me, is it an enforcer's job to drop the gloves against the other team's best player? Well sure no, but you've gotta know, these guys, they don't think like you and me." (Joël Bouchard, commenting on the Gaborik-Carcillo incident).
Old March 25, 2004, 03:58   #505
Jamski
Deity

Its a domination/submission thing, yeah?

Anyway, this thread is over the 500 mark. Who want's to start a new one?

-Jam
Old March 25, 2004, 05:41   #506
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

You do it Jamski. I'm watching because I am enjoying KOTOR and I need to pick my next game.
Old March 25, 2004, 05:59   #507
duke o' york
Civilization II Succession Games
Emperor

I'm starting a new thread, so please no-one else do one too!