Old February 2, 2004, 02:26   #1
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 04:23
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Nuclear War V
Each player starts with 3 cities, and may perform 1 order each turn. Orders should be sent to me through:

PM
MSN/email: angusniven @ hotmail.com

(When orders has been sent, please post a “sent” msg in the thread, to make sure I have received the order).

If you don’t send any orders for a turn, you won't be auto-set to do something (I won't deflect for you, I won't do anything for you... ), and since I post a msg from time to time in the forum about who still needs to send orders, people can see who’s open for nuking, so be sure to send them

If you don’t send your orders, there will be consequences, unless you can come up with a good reason BEFORE you’re missing your orders (i.e. if you’re going on vacation tell us BEFORE you leave, not when you get home)

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# of turns missed: Consequences:
1: nothing
2: You’ll lose one city this round
3: You’ll lose two cities this round
4: ---------you get Wasted--------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each turn takes about 24 hours (Ending at 9 AM GMT each day) (Though there might be some changes, so don’t count on it being ready every day at this time... maybe it’ll be earlier, maybe later). If I have received all orders before time runs out, the turn has ended and I’ll post the results early

You will be able to change your orders up until one hour before the end of the turn, except for observation missions, which can be changed until you receive the information.

Spy missions don't count as orders: e.g. you can sabotage an enemy and nuke him in the same turn. Each player starts with one spy

Orders:

Launch Nukes:
The player can launch two nukes. The nukes can be launched at different players or they can be launched to the same player

Stockpile Nukes:
When stockpiling nukes you can launch 4 nukes instead of 2 at some time. You can't stockpile stockpiled nukes, the max # of nukes is 4. You don't have to use the stockpiled nukes the following turn. If you've got stockpiled nukes and want to nuke someone, but also keep the stockpiled nukes, you may, but (obviously), you can only use two.

Deflect:
When deflecting nukes to a certain player, every second nuke to arrive that turn will be deflected to another player (Which has to be included in the orders). The nukes which get deflected is: 1, 3, 5… while 2, 4, 6… will hit

Hide in bunker:
Each player has one bunker. When used, ALL nukes gets destroyed (Not deflected). After one use, the bunker is unavailable.

Train a new spy:
Just like it sounds. (Each nation starts with one spy)

Build City:
You get one extra city.

Sabotage (Spy):
When using sabotage on another player, the other players orders will be cancelled. This kills the spy used.

Observe (Spy):
When using a spy to observe a player, the other player gets information about the other player’s orders. The spy only dies if the other player is being nuked the same turn.

If you post a "sent" msg in the thread, but I don't recieve any orders, I'll auto-set you to train a spy (Of course I'll send you a msg that I didn't recieve your orders)

When 3+ leaders have lost their country, they have 1 nuke together, where they may vote for who to nuke. The player who gets the most votes (or in case of a tie, the player who got the first vote) gets the nuke.

These voting orders may be posted public (For the love of dogpiling) or they may be sent private (For a surprise attack)
If a player doesn't post/send-PM votes, there's a chance this player will be included in the story, making this player unable to vote in future votings... active voters wont be taken though.
When there's two players left, there wont be any more votings...

Who's in? (please give your city names as well)

Player and City List:

(will be updated as the game goes on)

- Dr. Spike: (silk)

- Jamski: (WASTED)

- Space05us: (WASTED)

- Vlad Antlerkov: (WASTED)

- Skanky Burns: (WASTED)

- ADG: (C++, Basic, Java)

- Spaced Cowboy: (Zip, Zap, Zing)

Orders Received From:

Orders Not Received From:

- ADG
- Dr. Spike
- Spaced Cowboy

Turns Missed:

- Space05us: 3 turns (WASTED)
- ADG: 1 turn
- Dr. Spike: 1 turn

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; February 6, 2004 at 02:12.
Old February 2, 2004, 05:28   #2
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 19:23
Local Date: November 2, 2010
come on Space05us... let's get the nuking... ehmm... I mean peace agreement signing started
Old February 2, 2004, 05:44   #3
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Results for February 2nd, 2004
There was a lot of building activity today; Skanky Burns built the city of "Ganymede", while Jamski built "Bling! Bling!", Dr. Spike built "gold", and Vlad Antlerkov built "Death", causing no small confusion, as there are now two cities of that name. ADG and Spaced Cowboy publicly did nothing, but large amounts of resources were requisitioned without any apparent reason. Finally, Space05us issued no orders and did not appear at cabinet meetings, prompting speculation that he may be vulnerable.
Old February 2, 2004, 05:50   #4
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Sent. You will probably have to keep the first post updated so we know who has what cities left.
Old February 2, 2004, 05:53   #5
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

I thought I had already done so; maybe I did it in the other thread by mistake. Anyway, I will be doing that.
Old February 2, 2004, 05:58   #6
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Who knows, I may have posted that as you were updating.
Old February 2, 2004, 06:13   #7
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 19:23
Orders sent...
Old February 2, 2004, 08:37   #8
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 18:23
Wow looks like I sent just in time.
Old February 2, 2004, 09:41   #9
DrSpike
Deity

Sent.
Old February 2, 2004, 10:06   #10
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:23
Sent.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 3, 2004, 02:00   #11
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Turn ends in 3 hours, currently awaiting orders from Vlad and Space05us.
Old February 3, 2004, 07:36   #12
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Results for February 3rd 2004
The blood really started flying today, as ADG vapourised all four of Vlad's cities in a single massive strike, also killing a man believed to be a spy for Skanky Burns, and Spaced Cowboy immolated Jamski's four remaining cities in a similar fashion. Jamski's last hope of survival was dashed when one of Spaced Cowboy's spies sabotaged the railway line carrying refugees from his cities.

Meanwhile, Dr. Spike constructed his fifth city, named "Wine"; Skanky Burns was working on an undisclosed project; and Space05us' office remained silent, prompting fearful people to abandon the city of Frog.
Old February 3, 2004, 13:14   #13
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 11:23

So... when do the terrorists start figuring in?
Old February 3, 2004, 18:11   #14
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Damm you, Spaced Cowboy! Damm you to HELL!

-Jam
Old February 3, 2004, 18:50   #15
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 12:23
, you or me...I choose me!
Old February 3, 2004, 22:34   #16
Skanky Burns

Alas, such awful carnage.

Old February 4, 2004, 03:00   #17
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov

So... when do the terrorists start figuring in?
After one more elimination; if Space05us doesn't show up this turn, you'll be able to start voting.
Old February 4, 2004, 03:33   #18
Skanky Burns

Oh, and orders sent. Must remember to actually say that in this thread.
Old February 4, 2004, 04:26   #19
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Need orders soon; I'll extend the turn deadline by one hour, but if you haven't got your orders in by then, you miss the turn.
Old February 4, 2004, 05:31   #20
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Half an hour left, people...
Old February 4, 2004, 05:50   #21
Skanky Burns

Who's missing?
Old February 4, 2004, 05:51   #22
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Space05us, ADG, and Dr. Spike.
Old February 4, 2004, 06:00   #23
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Report for February 4th 2004
Today was a very quiet day after the mayhem of yesterday, with most national leaders issuing no orders at all. The peoples under the leadership of ADG and Dr. Spike became increasingly worried but did nothing. However, as Space05us entered his third day of being AWOL, his remaining citizens fled and left his cities abandoned.

Meanwhile, with Spaced Cowboy working on a classified project, Skanky Burns took advantage of Dr. Spike's inactivity to drop four nukes on him, reducing him to his capital city of 'silk'.

And finally, in a mysterious hideout believed to be located in the former lands of either Vlad Antlerkov, Jamski, or Space05us, a terrorist group calling itself 'Vengeance for Dead Leaders' (VEFODEL for short) announced that it was in possession of a nuclear device and had the means to build more. It seems that the only hope of world survival against this menace is that they will be too busy arguing with one another to actually employ their nukes.
Old February 4, 2004, 06:06   #24
Skanky Burns

Thats what Spikie gets for being inactive.
Old February 4, 2004, 06:10   #25
DrSpike
Deity

Ack, trying to play whilst away is tricky. Service will soon resume as normal.
Old February 4, 2004, 06:13   #26
DrSpike
Deity

Sent.
Old February 4, 2004, 07:41   #27
Jamski
Deity

Terr'sts want to get Spaced.

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 08:40   #28
Skanky Burns

Oh, and sent.
Old February 4, 2004, 10:17   #29
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 12:23
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Terr'sts want to get Spaced.

-Jam
I say that there needs to be a consensus for the vote to go through, hence 2 out of 3 will need to vote for the same person, else there is a power struggle in the terrorist organization.
Old February 4, 2004, 10:51   #30
Jamski
Deity

Then let's hope another terr'st says to nuke you too

-Jam