Cape York & Sunshine Coast: 1-2t-2 trance scout skirmisher 4 11.43%
Cape York & Sunshine Coast: Write-in 1 2.86%
Casablanca: rec commons 2 5.71%
Casablanca: trance scout 3 8.57%
Casablanca: Write-in 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 2, 2004, 10:08   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 19:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
PUT production switches
I'll probably have to play the PUT turn and pass it over to the CyCon in a small twelve hours, so this poll will only be useful for the next twelve hours I assume.

Should PUT offer a pre-accepted pact to the Hive?
  • Yes
  • No

Some quick questions then regarding what to produce in some bases where there is some discussion:

Caboolture:
  • Switch to command center
  • Switch to crawler
  • Write-in

GeoModder's argument for a command center: "A command Center can be useful just in case Buster has a stronger fist then we expect (eg. more NJ then that one we see."
My argument for a crawler: Caboolture is located in the middle of the Ruins, and not connected to the PUT road network, so building land units there is inefficient. We could use a crawler to eg hurry production of an air unit there next turn.

Cairns:
  • Hurry research hospital (118 credits)
  • Change to an aerospace complex next turn
  • Write-in

Carseldine:
  • Switch to command center and hurry a bit
  • Write-in

That base has a mineral production of 13, so it could be a good unit production center.

Daintree:
  • Switch to crawler and hurry a little
  • Write-in

That base isn't very productive, so I guess it would be better to finish a crawler there which we can use next year to hurry a prototype production.

Cape York & Sunshine Coast:
  • Switch to 1-2t-2 skirmishers (2 min rows) and hurry a little
  • Write-in

PUT will get HEC and plasma armour next year, but I figured getting two extra defenders even only one turn earlier can make the difference here.

All other base productions (except Longreach and Gold Coast) will be hurried and the remaining credits transferred to the Consciousness.

Some small question regarding CyCon production. I guess I know the answer already, but just for the record:

Casablanca:
  • Rec commons
  • Trance scout
  • Write-in

Time limit one day.
Old February 2, 2004, 17:14   #2
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 10:24
I think we should defend the northern Coast heavily, we cant let the Drones get a foothold up their or all will be lost, Fill the coastal bases with cheap Plasma Garrisons and build AiroSpace Complexes and sensors. This will mean the Drones will likly losse one or more aircraft each time they attack such a base. In the bases imediatly to the south we make Missle Infantry and Probe Teams which can imediatly retake anything thats lost.

Here are some of my Write in's

Gardens Point - dont change production right now but make shure that production isn't completed next turn, After we have Air Power we can switch and imediatly Protoype some Inteceptors or other usefull units.

Cairns - The Hospital can be completed with only 102 Credits, if we do that though we should send Uni some of our Credits (we focus on Econ rather then Reserch) this will fund a lot of Defence construction in Uni bases

Cape York - Change to Missle Infantry and hurry with 38 Credits to get to one turn, this will alow us to counter attack any captured bases.

Sunshine Coast - Another Missle Infantry

Gold Coast - Continue Making TreeFarm this turn, but next turn switch to an AiroSpace Complex, this along with some Plasma Garrisons will make the Drones think twice before attacking with Neddle Jets.

DainTree - Another Missle Infantry, Hurry 10 Credits

SeaFormer - start some Kelp on the tidal harness thats next to Gardens Point.

Move 2 Librarians north into Gold Coast and atleast one scout patrol, preferably from the south or west. I think the Drones transport is full of Probes rather then Troops and they likly dont have too many more aircraft (atleast in the imediate future)

Dilomaticaly we should say to the Drones (in not so few words ofcorse)

"Uni is our Protectorate now, we will forgive your probe actions against them if you stop now, if not you risk war with us and we have show ourselves to be formidable and capable in war. Before Uni was a juicy target and you were wise to attack it but now this is no longer the case, we are prepared to defend the University with the full might of our military. Rather then enter a Fruitless conflict you would be wise to remain friendly with us.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Last edited by Impaler[WrG]; February 2, 2004 at 17:32.
Old February 2, 2004, 18:04   #3
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Gardens Point - dont change production right now but make shure that production isn't completed next turn
Garden's Point only needs two more minerals to finish the energy bank. We'd waste 35 minerals if we switch production next year instead of finishing the energy bank.

Quote:
Cairns - The Hospital can be completed with only 102 Credits
With that money two rec commons can be hurried. I say we'd better spend our money on that.

Quote:
Cape York - Change to Missle Infantry and hurry with 38 Credits to get to one turn, this will alow us to counter attack any captured bases.
Won't be possible I'm afraid, as missile weapon isn't prototyped yet. I propose we prototype it together with the needlejet chassis next year.
Old February 2, 2004, 18:46   #4
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Yes thats the cost to finish a Missle Infantry 6-1-1 Prototype which is 3 rows. This will Prototype Missle for Uni and make our air units cheaper next turn. Trust me I wouldn't sugjest stuff that I didnt know would work.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old February 2, 2004, 18:49   #5
Maniac

Quote:
This will Prototype Missle for Uni and make our air units cheaper next turn.
IIRC it wouldn't. We'd still need to pay an extra 50% to prototype the chassis.

Btw, can you come on IRC for a while?
Old February 2, 2004, 21:28   #6
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 17:24
I agree with them However probe defences soon, since PUT may get some techs Drones don't have.

I presume we trade all techs and maps between the two?

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old February 2, 2004, 22:11   #7
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

I think we can't give all our tech to PUT, we have several that the Drones don't have. Later perhaps, when the PUT area is secure from probing we can transfer.
Old February 3, 2004, 05:54   #8
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
I think we can't give all our tech to PUT, we have several that the Drones don't have. Later perhaps, when the PUT area is secure from probing we can transfer.
My thought exactly.
Old February 3, 2004, 09:13   #9
Maniac

Uh oh. When I last checked, for Cairns a research hospital and aerospace complex still tied, so I didn't hurry it.
In any case, after the other rushes were done, there was only 76 credits left, so there wasn't enough cash left anyway to hurry the hospital.
Old February 3, 2004, 09:29   #10
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Uh oh. When I last checked, for Cairns a research hospital and aerospace complex still tied, so I didn't hurry it.
In any case, after the other rushes were done, there was only 76 credits left, so there wasn't enough cash left anyway to hurry the hospital.
The vote now is 3 in favour of ResHos, 2 in favour of AeCom. And the voting period was finished when I checked last night.
Old February 3, 2004, 17:33   #11
Impaler[WrG]
King

Are ya telling me we didnt produce any missle Infantry!

Yall will be sorry if the Drones take Gold Coast

You did transfer the remaining credits and Evn Econ to us rigtht?
Old February 3, 2004, 17:37   #12
Maniac

The poll results were kinda obvious, Impaler.
And indeed I transfered credits and EnvEcon.
Old February 3, 2004, 20:14   #13
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
Yall will be sorry if the Drones take Gold Coast
Would be an opportunity to infiltrate them.
Old February 3, 2004, 20:14   #14
Maniac

Old February 4, 2004, 05:20   #15
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder

Would be an opportunity to infiltrate them.
Hopefully they will take one of bases so that we can probe them to death.