Old February 2, 2004, 22:18   #121
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 13:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Blackice: Of course other people's comments on your general reputation just isn't good enough for you. They are all 'idiots', right? You are the only smart one?

Ah, yes, arrogant and wrong, two adjectives that suit you well.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old February 2, 2004, 22:18   #122
monkspider
Civilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
King

Local Time: 12:24
I agree with Sikander....
Old February 2, 2004, 22:21   #123
blackice
Emperor

Quote:
It really doesn't happen very often in the reverse direction
Only because your ill informed...
“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
Or do we?
Old February 2, 2004, 23:31   #124
MrFun
Emperor

And the PC bullsh*t keeps on coming . . . . . .
Old February 2, 2004, 23:42   #125
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 13:24
MrFun is stupid. . . . throw cocks at him.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old February 2, 2004, 23:56   #126
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara
MrFun is stupid. . . . throw cocks at him.
Is that a typo
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old February 2, 2004, 23:58   #127
Ogie Oglethorpe
ACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 17:24
Che's been drinking again... Throw bourbon on the rocks at him.

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter
Old February 2, 2004, 23:59   #128
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by blackice
Quote:
Yes, you ignore other people who may disagree with you. The facts run contrary to your opinions... not like that was any surprise.
whimpy excuse for your actions and comments, hey found any merit in your claims to me in my post's?
I have not seen one example?
Just more inane post's to back your inane comments...

Stop the diatribe read something get informed or not your choice.

In the meantime grow up or make room for moderators that at least know what they are reading and taking about...

Next.
Somehow, your posts do not impress me, either.
Old February 3, 2004, 00:05   #129
Sikander
King

Local Time: 10:24
Quote:
Originally posted by monkspider
I agree with Sikander....
Whoa, what the hell did I say. (Sikander checks his work)

Old February 3, 2004, 00:06   #130
Sikander
King

Local Time: 10:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Replied, rather than edited
D'oh!
Old February 3, 2004, 00:11   #131
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 01:24
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
I am stupid - throw rocks at me
How prescient!

Old February 3, 2004, 01:04   #132
blackice
Emperor

Imran Siddiqui while you blister off on your inane wild tanget, providing no proof again...

We will move on, work on it squid at least you are participating

Glen has spent an awful lot of hours pointing out issue's like this. He is very much not a female hater at all if you read his stuff you would know that.

What he see's, researches and has taken the time to make people aware of are these issue's.

While we all agree any other header and the world would be up in arms in some cases.

What he and others like him try to point out is funny or not this promotes violence against someone... It happens to be boys and it happens to be geared towards an age group.

This simply like in all the other examples is simply NOT FUNNY and in a tollerant society should not be tollerated.

BUT... men in all forms of the media, stats, stories on and on are the gender butt of the joke.

Explain to me why it is ok to do that?
Explain to me why CHILDREN were picked for the marketing campain?
Explain to me why you would want your son or daughter to grow up thinking this way?
Explain to me why picking on any gender and inforcing that through a medium of any kind can enhance our culture, society, personal developement or world in general?

Ya lighten up, after all it's only kids right? It just humor to us right...
“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
Or do we?
Old February 3, 2004, 01:25   #133
blackice
Emperor

Quote:
Unlike the MPAA, we do not assign a single, age-specific rating and we do not make recommendations. Instead we assign each film three distinct, category-specific ratings: one for SEX & NUDITY, one for VIOLENCE & GORE and one for PROFANITY. Each rating is on a scale of zero to ten, depending on quantity (more F-words, for instance, will mean a higher Profanity rating, and so on) as well as context (especially when it comes to the categories of sex, nudity, violence and gore, since they are not as easily quantifiable as profanity).

In addition to assigning three ratings, we also explain in detail why a film rates high or low in a specific category, and we include a list of DISCUSSION TOPICS (topics that may elicit questions from kids) and MESSAGES (what values the film conveys).

Please note that two movies which have received the same rating -- let's say a 9 in VIOLENCE & GORE -- will not necessarily contain an equal amount of violence; they are only similar in the level of violence they contain. Plus, like most numerical rating systems, the numbers are inherently approximations (think of them as plus-or-minus-one). Only the detailed descriptions we provide with each review will give you the proper context.

Unlike with the MPAA ratings, we do not make age-specific or critical recommendations. Since our system is based on objective standards, not the viewer's age or the artistic merits of a film, we enable concerned adults to determine whether a movie is appropriate for them or their children according to their own criteria.

As we never tire pointing out, we make no judgments about what is good or bad or anything else. We do not "condemn," "critique" or "criticize" movies. And we don't "praise" or "recommend" movies either. We advance no "beliefs" and we do not "preach" anything. We are not affiliated with any political party, any cultural or religious group, or any ideology. The only thing we advocate is responsible, engaged parenting. If one reads our reviews one will often find many instances where our descriptions are so detailed they seem absurd. But we'd rather err on the side of comprehensiveness. It's up to parents to decide which details are useful to them and their family, and which ones they consider fatuous.

The MPAA rating system is not accurate because of several reasons: the MPAA itself is not an independent body but is financed and controlled by the film industry, its standards are constantly shifting to accommodate marketing decisions by the film industry, the ratings are negotiable (and in effect promote censorship for independent films while powerful directors can get the rating they want), and the ratings are age-specific, not content-specific and thus essentially approximations.

In reality, any rating above G may imply sexual content, violent content, profanity, or any combination of the three in varying degrees. At the same time, an R-rated movie may not be as objectionable to many thoughtful parents as one would think. A movie that gets an R rating, for instance, because of several F-words is not the same as another movie that gets an R rating because it contains violence, gore, sexual situations, etc. (we venture to guess that even parents who vociferously object to profane language would agree with me). For instance, the G-rated "Babe: Pig in the City" was assigned a kids-in-mind.com violence rating of 5 principally because of one excruciating scene of a dog being slowly strangled. At the same time, "Erin Brockovich" as an example of an R-rated film that got a kids-in-mind violence rating of 1 and a sex rating of 3. Yet it was branded with an R rating by the MPAA just for language. And there are others: "Waking Life" and "Good Will Hunting" getting an R for just language, and there are many other R-rated films with low violence and sex ratings. And, of course, we haven't even gotten started on the ostensibly more innocuous PG and PG-13 ratings.

But we trust you get our point: If a parent is primarily interested in not having their children exposed to violent content, then he may decide that many an R-rated film is more appropriate for his kids than many G and PG and PG-13 rated films. Furthermore, since the MPAA makes age-based ratings their recommendations cannot be relevant for all parents since not all children are equally mature.
http://www.kids-in-mind.com/help/methodology.htm

One example of one hell of a lot of parents that think just like him...

And what they did about it.

Not all kids are the same nor are all parents, so to mass produce something a few of us see as humor.

A lot more obviously do not. While some of us think kids do not think of it as the thing to do. I, we, they think even if one child picks up a rock and or simply thinks boys are stupid because of this t.

It is abuse, hatred all for the almighty dollar...
It is abusive to the child that did it and the child that got hurt. It is also abuse to the other two victims of humor that got hurt copy cating it in another country. Simply because the parents planted the seed talking about the article in front of kids they perceive as to young to understand. That too is abuse...

Yes we draw the line and ask the parents and in turn the teachers, babysitters, daycares, movies, government, heck everybody to educate our kids from right and wrong then they continue to assualt kids and parent with negative images...

Then make new laws lol amazing.

The bottom line is in this case it is promoting hate, violence, gender orientated humor and at no less kids.

How this can be right is beyond me...

Good job Glen

I read all your work
Or do we?
Old February 3, 2004, 05:30   #134
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 17:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
Quote:
Quote:
I am stupid - throw rocks at me
How prescient!

Precognitive silliness!

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old February 3, 2004, 07:08   #135
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 19:24
Quote:
Originally posted by blackice
Imran Siddiqui while you blister off on your inane wild tanget, providing no proof again...
You provide no proff, you provide NOTHING!
Yet you want to enslave men, you criminal...