View Poll Results: Is this a reasonable plan?
Yes 3 60.00%
No 1 20.00%
Write-in 1 20.00%
Xenodoughnut 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 3, 2004, 12:42   #1
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 11:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
War Plan - diplomatic front
I will try to list my current thinking about the diplomatic front of the war plan here for discussions and approval:

Before the next turn we will try to stall the CCs by telling them that their proposals regarding us pacting with uni and further cooperations have been heatedly discussed inside the Hive.

After we receive the next turn (2156), upon verifying that the Drones have sent us the missle prototype, we downgrade the CC pact into treaty (so that they won't see our military preparation). Send them an official message saying that the CC univ pact has caused uneasiness from the people of the Hive and we would like to have more time to consider this situation.

Turn 2158, we propose a planetary concil meeting demanding the CC stops aggressiveness against the PEACE and return half of the PEACE bases. The votes will be 3 vs 2. We give the CC 1 - 2 turns to respond. It will be hard to manage the return of the bases if they accept but they will not accept.

Turn 2160, the Hive, Drones and Peace declare vendetta against CPU. We attack university land.

Please discuss if this is a reasonable plan. We would need a military plan to go with this.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 3, 2004, 16:57   #2
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 19:26
sorry, it looks to me like we'd be going to fast.
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 3, 2004, 16:59   #3
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

what about about the production plans, won't they be polled?
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 3, 2004, 17:07   #4
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

You are exactly right t_ras. The war preparation - production side also needs to be polled. The reason I have not done the poll is that we haven't really had much discussion, unlike the dip part. Plus I still don't know if we are going to do it here or in another forum.

The reason that I'm shooting for 2160 also is because uni/CC would likely obtain DAP by then. We need to attack uni before they are able to really use this tech. Plus if we wait too long I'm sure CC will send some of its force to defend the univ. If we are going to a war, we need to do it quick and strong.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 3, 2004, 17:43   #5
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Local Time: 10:26
Exactly. We need to get to war before they get DAP. If we stall too long, we may come to the shores of CyCon and find that the skys are filled with doom.
and then refusing to decide
Old February 3, 2004, 18:36   #6
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:26
I think the plan is good. Its great, actually.

But maybe its not fast ENOUGH. We have to switch our whole production to war. And I mean it. Those of you who are used to playing against the AI don't realise just how many units are needed for a PBEM war. We have to really go for them HARD and FAST, before they can get D:AP and stop us.

One turn may make the difference, really. Just one turn.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 3, 2004, 18:56   #7
Snowflake
Princess

Ok. How about 2159.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 3, 2004, 20:54   #8
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 12:26
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Ok. How about 2159.
I have not been able to download the save you did.
[Like many technical matters (such as polls) I need help.]

How many bioenhancement centers do we have building? Where?

Since they do not have DAP yet we should concentrate on making aircraft, choppers, and drop units in most of the cities.

We should make the choppers in the cities that have the bio centers (to make them tougher for the multiple attack). The Needlejets will be used for single attacks, scouting, and aerial blockades.

I think we can stick with wealth for a while. I think, for now, the trade off on more units, faster, outweighs having stronger units later.

Note: with wealth we will have Green units (disciplined in the cities with bio centers) and, with survival we would have commando units.

If we swap to a war setting then we will need to see what the Drones do. If they stick as a builder then they will start making stuff like tree farms like crazy and get a lot of cash and tech, while we hold off CyCon and get a lot of bases. We should ensure they share the Techs with us and we should be prepared, to give them some captured bases in return. If they go on a war footing too, then the tech rate stagnates for both of us while we divide the Uni/CyCon Empire. Maybe we should talk to them about this.

Once I download the next save I will see just how quickly we can make a good military.

Mead
Old February 3, 2004, 22:28   #9
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 18:26
Good plan. Is it verified that we are ABLE to follow it? I mean, we´d have to pump out three to four units per base... Plus we´d have to place them in attack position BEFORE declarin the vendetta.

We also need to work on the explaination for the downgrading of our relations to CyCon. They will know what we´re aiming at when we cancel the pact (after getting the war techs)
Old February 3, 2004, 22:53   #10
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Micha
Good plan. Is it verified that we are ABLE to follow it? I mean, we´d have to pump out three to four units per base... Plus we´d have to place them in attack position BEFORE declarin the vendetta.
No. It is not verified.

I will see what how quickly we can make a military after I download the save, when it becomes available.

Three or four units per base seems a little hopefu. l I was hoping for two, maybe three, before the war started. More units to follow during the war until the war winds up.

I just looked at the CyCon bases in 2155. It looks like they do not have much in the way of military, most has 1 armor, (that can change real quick) so a rather swift air power heavy attack (within 4-5 turns) could be decisive.

Quote:
We also need to work on the explaination for the downgrading of our relations to CyCon. They will know what we´re aiming at when we cancel the pact (after getting the war techs)
We should tell them we are worried about their, not our, intentions. We should tell them that they should prove to us that they are not seeking a war before we reopen a Pact and let them see our weaknesses.

Also, (assuming that they are still at war with the Drones) we should say that we cannot be in a Pact with them when they are at war with the Drones.

Mead
Old February 3, 2004, 23:20   #11
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 10:26
I agree with the basic plan laid out, but I prefer the alternative timetable that would delay its implementation until we have defenses built up and perhaps an army ready to strike at the CyCon. Peace is our ally for as long as we can keep it, since we need time to build up our military forces.
Old February 4, 2004, 00:14   #12
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I agree with Voltaire - we are about to enter a diplomatic game which could very well be our end. We should only impleament HongHu's plan when we are absolutely sure we can take any curveballs CyUni can throw at us. Remember, they may be able to pick up subtle signs that indicate our preparations for war.

Only when we are ready to fight must we start the fight.
Old February 4, 2004, 00:25   #13
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
I agree with Voltaire - we are about to enter a diplomatic game which could very well be our end. We should only impleament HongHu's plan when we are absolutely sure we can take any curveballs CyUni can throw at us. Remember, they may be able to pick up subtle signs that indicate our preparations for war.

Only when we are ready to fight must we start the fight.
I agree.

We should seek to start the fight only when we are ready. On our terms.

I have no problem with playing nice to the AOE (Axis OF Evil) until we are ready to fight.

Hey, if they want to swear a Pact to serve us right now and give us all their Tech and ECs (plus a few bases) right now I would be among the first to accept that.

However, it looks like they are out to destroy both us and the Drones.

I will conceal our intentions. I will work to wait until the odds are best in our favor.

Mead
Old February 4, 2004, 05:39   #14
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

i think 2160 would be to soon.
as i've seen in citys, making units strong enough for war (ignoring the fact that we still dont have good enough defences) will take longer. we can get now about 2 units per base ,being blindly optimistic (which i hate to do) 3. and all the above is not considering we need an air-fleet, which will take longer.
Old February 4, 2004, 08:16   #15
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

If we leave it too long we'll be attacking units with AAA capabilty and 4-armour. CyUni have just increased their research speed four-fold. We can't win a building game. How many times have I said this?

We may have missed our oppotunity already.

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 11:05   #16
Snowflake
Princess

I can't stress how much I agree with Jamski. People time is of essense. Yes we can wait, but if we wait, we lose the advantage we now have, ie. being the only factions that have DAP and MMI. We need to use this advantage and destroy or at least delay their chance of getting even with us in tech.

I recommend people go to the Drones Embassy to see what they are planning.

Mead is right. Right now the CCs are busy with their new bases. If we don't act now, their reseach ability and production ability will increase exponentially and it will be too late for us to regret.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 4, 2004, 11:13   #17
Snowflake
Princess

As for defense, we are the Hive. Our advantage is that we can build lots cheap units for defense purpose. If a base that is being attacked does not have good defense units, it can still last long by producing many cheap scouts. Plus, they are still far from us. As long as we watch the PEACE war closely we will have time to prepare.

The problem to me know is not how we should defend our own land. It is that we should start our own war in order to ensure that there will never be a war on our own land.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 4, 2004, 12:05   #18
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

in this case we should begin making the air fleet immidiatly.

i do have some detailed production plans (at list for the comeing turn or two) , where would you like me to post it?
Old February 4, 2004, 12:16   #19
Snowflake
Princess

Why don't you open a new thread so that people can discuss there.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 4, 2004, 13:54   #20
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
The problem to me know is not how we should defend our own land. It is that we should start our own war in order to ensure that there will never be a war on our own land.
Words to live by.

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 19:30   #21
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:26
Agreed with comrade Jamski, thanks for reminding me to change the 'AI opponent' mentality. While I do think that we should try and hold off from attacking until we are ready....we should find out exactly how the Drones feel. Once we find that out, we should make a decision.

I would rather us take our air superiority advantage as far as it can take us before the CPU catches up....which won't be too far away. The sooner their sky is filled with Hiverian planes and choppers, the better in my opinion.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old February 4, 2004, 21:13   #22
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
If we leave it too long we'll be attacking units with AAA capabilty and 4-armour. CyUni have just increased their research speed four-fold.

We can should, avoid this, if we act quickly and decisivly.

Quote:
We may have missed our oppotunity already.
-Jam
No, we have not. But we will if we wait too long.

War by 2160.

Mead
Old February 5, 2004, 01:08   #23
Snowflake
Princess

By last turn the university was researching with a rate of 4 years. The CC was researching DAP. I can see this turn they would transfer all the prerequisite to the univ and univ will research DAP and complete it in 4 years, ie. 2160.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 5, 2004, 01:22   #24
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:26
Jeez. What is their estimated industrial power? If that is the case, then we should definitely pump out planes and such for the invasion. I'm sure our industrial power is vastly superior to their own so by the time they get DAP, we should have, what, a 3:1 ratio over them?

At the very least, they'll have to wait a couple of turns just to get their first plane out...unless they have enough creds to rush-build it........can someone prove or disprove me?
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old February 5, 2004, 04:35   #25
Jamski
Deity

They may crash a few crawlers to get the first planes built as prototypes all at once. Its a good trick. Then the other bases build shell noodles to upgrade to missiles or impact. We should do the same.

-Jam
Old February 5, 2004, 10:55   #26
Snowflake
Princess

How many ecs do we need for an upgrade?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 5, 2004, 17:57   #27
Jamski
Deity

Depends on what we upgrade to.

A 1-1-18 noodle as a basis?

Upgrade to a 4-1-18 or a 6-1-18?

High morale too?

?

-Jam
Old February 6, 2004, 11:50   #28
Snowflake
Princess

Where did we get 1-1-18? (And you claim you have opened the game. )

I'd say 1-1-10 to 6-1-10. Not sure about morale. Would that be a factor?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 6, 2004, 16:53   #29
Jamski
Deity

What am I thinking of?
Turbo Noodles exist only in my alpha.txt

-Jam
Old February 6, 2004, 18:26   #30
Snowflake
Princess

Ok but you didn't answer my question about the cost of upgrade. See this is how you are. I wonder how many things fall into your "somethings are better left unsaid" territory.

Grapefruit Garden