Old February 5, 2004, 17:10   #1
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 09:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Far Cry looks freakin' sweet
Check out the demo that was released recently (search fileplanet for it or use the links at www.megagames.com). The game looks amazing. The view distance is something like 4 kilometers and it runs fine on my GF4 TI 4200 and Athlon 1800+ system, which isn't fast by any means. I am really looking forward to this game now.
Old February 5, 2004, 18:48   #2
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 04:33
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Post screenies.
Old February 6, 2004, 01:59   #3
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Ok, screenies
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled-1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	63690  
Old February 6, 2004, 02:00   #4
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Sniping at over 1 kilometer away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	untitled-2.jpg
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	63691  
Old February 6, 2004, 02:01   #5
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

1 more
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	untitled-3.jpg
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	63692  
Old February 6, 2004, 05:32   #6
Space05us
King

Local Time: 05:33
Quote:
Looks like whoever created the graphics used lots of paint, and then submerged it in water for a few seconds.
Id have to agree the graphics are outdated but the ablility to see long distances is nice. Whats the game about anyway?
Old February 6, 2004, 05:47   #7
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 19:33
I love how it looks. My download of the demo sadly interrupted in the middle of the night (489 Mb! ), but I sure hope I'll have this gem on my harddrive soon
Old February 6, 2004, 06:11   #8
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 04:33
That looks freakin' sweet!

Impressive distance of vision though.
Old February 6, 2004, 08:50   #9
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:33
I can't trust my connection to DL 489 megs

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 6, 2004, 09:06   #10
pg
Prince

Local Time: 12:33
that is impressive. i can just imagine how powerful the sniper rifle is going to be with super distances.
Old February 6, 2004, 09:16   #11
pg
Prince

Local Time: 12:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
I can't trust my connection to DL 489 megs

-Jam
heh. i download files that big every once and a while on 28.8k. i once downloaded 400mb over 2 days without getting disconnected.
Old February 6, 2004, 15:12   #12
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 18:33
What's the projected release date?
Old February 6, 2004, 16:22   #13
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

September IIRC.
Old February 6, 2004, 16:41   #14
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:33
Quote:
i once downloaded 400mb over 2 days without getting disconnected.
But not on a line from German Telecom, eh?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 6, 2004, 16:45   #15
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Oh goodie. More drama. Seems Valve isn't the only one. I found this on Megagames.

Quote:
On February 4th, at 9.00 am, there was a police raid at Crytek's offices in Coburg, Germany. The raid, according to German media reports and the company, was a result of a tip-off by a disgruntled ex-employee claiming that Crytek were using more copies of a software brand than they had licenses for. According to media reports German police not only raided the Crytek offices but also the home of the head of the company. Although Crytek confirmed the office raids it has not done so for that on its head executive's home.

German media also report that the police claim the possible incurred damages may be in the millions (Euros) something which if proved correct may cause the company severe financial woes.

In an official statement however, Crytek appear defiant and dismissive of the entire event claiming that the company fully cooperated (with the police)in every way. What is missing from the statement is a full denial that the raid produced anything incriminating against Crytek, although the statement does add police cleared the matter with Crytek and it's management staff. Crytek also lash out at various media sources by claiming that Despite false allegations that have appeared in various media and forums, no inventory or personel were affected in any way.

Interesting though this is it is of little concern to gamers who, upon hearing the news, froze fearing another Half-Life 2-style, delay fiasco. That is where the Crytek press release appears to be more comforting as it claims that Development of the eagerly awaited Far Cry was only delayed for three hours... finishing the matter off with the following Crytek would like to assure its fans that completion of Far Cry remains on track.

Whatever the developer may have done wrong or not it would really be a great shame if such a well-made and highly anticipated game was to be delayed or see its production postponed simply because someone got careless with the licenses.