Old March 22, 2004, 18:25   #451
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 11:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
France News
France has agreed to be the international observer to the sale of Kaliningrad! It will send out a survey to all 430,000 residents of Kaliningrad, as soon as both Russia and Germany can agree on it.

(1) What is your stance on Germany's purchase of Kaliningrad?
- Agree Strongly
- Agree
- No opinion
- Disagree
- Disagree Strongly

(2) If the purchase as it is were to follow through, how likely would you be to move out?
- Very Likely
- Likely
- Possibly
- Not Likely
- I know for sure that I will not move.

(3) Were Germany to purchase Kaliningrad, would you retain your Russian citizenship?
- Yes
- Probably
- Undecided
- Probably not
- No
Old March 22, 2004, 18:47   #452
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 17:34
China woudl like to send in a revised questionaiire:

- Support it Strongly
- Support it
- No opinion
- Do not support it
- Strongly do not support it

(2) If the purchase as it is were to follow through, how likely would you be to move out?
- I know for sure that I would move out
- Very Likely
- Likely
- Possibly
- Not Likely
- I know for sure that I would not move.

(3) Were Germany to purchase Kaliningrad, would you retain your Russian citizenship?
- Yes
- Probably
- Undecided
- Probably not
- No
Old March 22, 2004, 19:53   #453
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 10:34
OOC to Micha :
Maybe, what I've posted is (my) Russia's official policy.

IC:
Russia is fine with either version of the questionaire. Results are unofficial until an independent Russian commision verifies them.

Quote:
CHINA to RUSSIA:
You really should give Kaliningrad to Germany
Russia to China :

Hmm, we're not sure what you're getting at, maybe you should spell it out for us because obviously you think we're COMPLETE ****ING IDIOTS
Old March 22, 2004, 20:28   #454
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 18:34
Germany to Russia

Since those questionnaires will be evaluated by France and thus by an independent faction, they are official.

We will wire the 5 EP, grant you all the things we´ve agreed on, let the people answer those questionnaires and then pay those who move away.

Either this way or nothing.

We are disappointed in your ignorance of the people´s needs. Although you know their economic and social situation would improve vastly you try everything to suck us dry and thus denying us the funds we need to rebuild the city and infrastructure.

Are you going to sell it to us or not?
Old March 22, 2004, 20:37   #455
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

CHINA to RUSSIA:
It would be must most unfortunate if the Chinese in siberia rebelled because under Chinese law, we would have to protect them
Old March 22, 2004, 20:45   #456
Nylan-Nolan
DiplomacyPtWDG2 Monty PythonApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Warlord

Local Time: 09:34
OOC:
First of all, i'm not a DL, not to ANYONE. I may have just joined recently, but i'm a perfectly independant person. I don't appreciate the accusations

And another thing. I, unlike some, know how and who to ally with. Those who would accuse me of being a DL are surely hypocritical lunatics.

IC:
ISA to Mexico:

IS THAT A THREAT!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?

Last edited by Nylan-Nolan; March 22, 2004 at 20:52.
Old March 22, 2004, 20:48   #457
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

The results are in!

- Agree Strongly 10%
- Agree 14%
- No opinion 55%
- Disagree 16%
- Disagree Strongly 5%
ANALYSIS: While there is some support on both sides, the majority of the population doesn't care one way or the other.

- Very Likely 22%
- Likely 24%
- Possibly 18%
- Not Likely 10%
- I know for sure that I will not move. 26%
ANALYSIS: Sh!t. A lot more people want to move than either side probably predicted.

- Yes 89%
- Probably 4%
- Undecided 1%
- Probably not 2%
- No 4%
ANALYSIS: Kaliningradians are proud of their Russian roots.
Old March 22, 2004, 21:25   #458
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Germany to Russia

So it is official. We will wire the 5 EP, and another 5 EP to a swiss bank account as a trustee. All people willing to leave Kaliningrad shall come to the emigration office (to be opened immediately after handover), where their case is checked and then they´re paid 150% of the market value of whatever immobiles/land they possess.

The other points of the treaty will take effect as soon as the province is handed over to us offically.
Old March 22, 2004, 22:13   #459
Nylan-Nolan
Warlord

ISA to Germany and China (secret):
Two things

-First, I need to know if you guys are going to ok my invasion of Mexico (it shall be soon). It might cause WWIII by sucking France and maybe Russia into it.

-Secondly, there is the matter of troops. If you OK the invasion, I will need more help because France will surely come to the aid of the Aztec scum. I appreciate what you have done allready, and only want to ensure the safety of our soon-to-be alliance.

(/secret)

Hope to see you at the party...I mean meeting at Shanghi!
Old March 22, 2004, 22:23   #460
Nylan-Nolan
Warlord

Re: The ISA
Quote:
Originally posted by Nylan-Nolan
Economy: 79
Army:85
Navy:65
Air:95
Discontent: 67 (Just overthrew the greatest democracy on earth!!)
Infrastructure:76
Education:90 (this is america)
Economy: 81 (canada)
Army:86 (the losses and bolstering pretty much even out)
Navy:66
Air:96
Discontent:63 (people have cooled down. Nylan has proven himself, and the ISA is succesful)
Infrastructure:77
Education:90
Old March 23, 2004, 03:56   #461
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Mexico denies that the expansion ever occured.

OOC: I wasn't really gonma go through with that anyways. That's a little too unrealistic even for me.

The Morgan Freeman Alliance has cut all previous tie that never officially occured between them and a supposed, so-called "sub-saharn-africa".
Old March 23, 2004, 04:01   #462
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

OOC: sorry about the accusations, I could just have a creative imagination, and a lot of homework to not do, so I get lots of weird ideas.

[QUOTE]
ISA to Mexico:

IS THAT A THREAT!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?[QUOTE/]
Is waht a threat? Mexico denies ever knowing, or having known about any actions, that could have been possibly miscontrued as a threat. Our current statement bears no resemblance to this videoclip.
http://www.moveon.org/censure/caughtonvideo/
Old March 23, 2004, 04:06   #463
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

The Morgan Freeman Alliance news
Apparently, The kid of the ambassador of Colombia got ahold of a couple members cell phones, and all of a sudden we have allied under the name of Mexico. That would never happen . What is happening though, is massive aid is being sent, and pledged to Mexico involving their pending invasion by the two @#$%^&s(China and USA)
All immigration between the @#$%^& countries, and Mexico has ceased. Mexico may or may no have spies in these countries, who are attempting to destroy the leaders of these countries, and their plans. One of these assasins may or may not be named AEon Flux(This is kind of a complicated allusion if you don't get it, don't worry.)
Old March 23, 2004, 05:02   #464
Nubclear

CHINA to MEXICO:
We have no plans to invade you.
Old March 23, 2004, 11:55   #465
Nylan-Nolan
Warlord

OOC:
bipolarbear, your link doesn't work

IC:
ISA to Mexico:
Why would the MFA give you help against an "invasion" that hasn't happened? Iv'e got my hands full with accuisition of northern lands (mind you, I DON'T mean quebec). A peaceful southern border would be just perfect right now. If anyone is planning to invade, it's YOU. Your Maginot line offends many Imperials. If you want to "protect" your country, why do you antagonize us so much?
Old March 23, 2004, 20:02   #466
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

ooc: oh well, it did when i tried ii. It's nothing important, just rumsfeld caught lying.

Mexico to ISA:
A maginoit line is not conclusive evidence for a Mexican invasion of the ISA. Mainly, becasue a Maginot line is not mobile. It's kind of hard to invade a country, unless you can actully move your firepower INTO that country.
Mexico is not antagonizing. We are looking out for our own personal good. When a much more powerful country to our north is forming alliances with a country that we have had problems with in the past, then we tend to get nervous.
There is peace at the southern border. The only way that peace wil cease, is if Mexico happens to obtain any information that shows beyond any doubt that the ISA, possibly with aid from, or along with China, is planning to invade Mexico.
The spy/assasin AEon Flux that may or may not exist, might possibly have been demoted to spy status, maybe.
The MFA seeks only peace, and will try to keep war from ahppening at all reasonable costs.

Mexico NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mexican officials are investing all of the magnificient country's resources into all defensive systems. The media, has ben instructing the citizens of Mexico in basic techniques, as to how to defend, and protect themselves in case of an invasion, or bombing.
Bomb shelters strong enough to outlast multiple nuclear strikes are being built. The country is preparing for even the worst of biological attacks. Anti-aircraft turrets have been placed on top of many building is cities. The police force has become an extension of the military. The workers in the work camps, basicaly everybody who isn't rich(even more basically he majority of the country), are being educated in how to defend their marvelous country against any foriegn threat.
Old March 23, 2004, 20:11   #467
mrmitchell
King

France News
France wishes for peace, not war. Knowing our good relations with both Mexico, and America, perhaps we could negotiate an agreement.

France to ISA
Mexico's fear is not unfounded. Their previously friendly northern neighbor has turned dictatorial and captured (almost!) all of Canada.

France to Mexico
You shouldn't become overparanoid of the ISA's actions. We will attempt to set up a meeting so you guys can have more communication.
Old March 23, 2004, 22:34   #468
Nylan-Nolan
Warlord

ISA to France:
That would be much appreciated
ISA to Mexico:
Please do not panic. We have no plans to invade you (as has been stated several times) we only shall attack those who threaten us and/or really annoy us (like the Canadian Mountees). After all, we haven't even touched Utah, and they rebelled from our glorious nation. A rebellion is the best excuse for a war, you know.

ISA to China and Germany (secret):
I'm afraid that I am unsure what to do. Should I just attack? Or demand tribute? Or maybe leave them alone until there are no white countries on the map? Advice to your freind, the ISA, would be mutch appreciated.

(/secret)

Sooo...when is the meeting/party?
Old March 23, 2004, 23:03   #469
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Mexico to ISA
Quote:
A rebellion is the best excuse for a war, you know.
Yes, we know. Cuba knows too.

Mexico to world
We aren't becoming paranoid of any specific nations actions. We stopped training the citizens, after all, that could lead to a revolt. But we are just creating a safe society for our citizens. We have lowered our "Yogurt Flavor of the Month terror alert level" to "tapioca" as compared to the "Creamy Tangerine" that it was at last month.
Old March 24, 2004, 00:13   #470
Nylan-Nolan
Warlord

LOL, I think tapioca should be like defcon 4 or something! Very dangerous stuff
Old March 24, 2004, 00:24   #471
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

I think defcon 4 is actually the second lowest setting, and defcon 1 is the highest. Not to be snooty or anything.
Old March 24, 2004, 00:36   #472
Nylan-Nolan
Warlord

Hmm...always thought it was the other way around...oh well. You can't rely on old war movies for anything
Old March 24, 2004, 00:48   #473
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Ya, I think I heard it on the History channel. Its not important, what is important though is...

Mexico News!!! Fun for the whole family, OR ELSE!

Mexico has cut a majority of its funding to the space prgram, which means that the deck and pool which were being built fot the backyard of the shack will have to be put on the "wish list" until next year.
Mexico to France
So we were going to have a meeting or something? The MFA would like to again send Morgan Freman as keynote speaker. Just look at that face. He just eminates peace. How could you not love this guy?(answer: you're a white supremacist)

Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	mfa.bmp
Views:	1
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	67983  
Old March 24, 2004, 00:58   #474
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Oh, by the way, the file is another picture of the diplomatic genius, Morgan Freeman. Its not a virus or anything nasty like that.
Old March 24, 2004, 01:58   #475
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Russia to Germany :

Agreed. We will begin the transfer as outlined.
Old March 24, 2004, 02:56   #476
Nubclear

CHINA to RUSSIA:
The Chinese people condemn your blatant overcharging of the Kaliningrad territory which rightfully belongs to Germany
Perhaps you should return everything you stolen in exchange for almost leaving Kaliningrad?
Old March 24, 2004, 05:58   #477
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Mexico takes no stance on the Russia-Germany deal, unless swayed by economic aid. wink wink.
Old March 24, 2004, 06:06   #478
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

ooc: So could I hypothetically mind you expand mexico's size 5000% if I somehow had enough money??? Not like if I bought whole countries, but if I bought parts of countries.

Would anybody like to sell Israel to MExico?

Mexico to ISA
How attached are you to Hawaii?
Old March 24, 2004, 10:28   #479
Micha
King

OOC:
Land purchases today can only happen if one of two conditions are true, better if both are true:
- The "salesman" country badly need money
- The buying country has claims on the land

If someone, let´s say France, invaded your country, totally crushed any resistance and then cripple it to half of its former size, personally annexing your old capital, then you would have claims on these territories and probably (a few decades later) could offer to buy them back if France wouldn´t return them anyway as a courtesy.
Old March 24, 2004, 10:36   #480
Micha
King

Quote:
Treaty of Kaliningrad
  • (1) Germany transfers an amount of 5 EP to Russia
  • (2) Germany grants Russia a naval base at Kaliningrad
  • (3) Russia is granted "favoured nation" status when it comes to exports, sales or usage rights in that area
  • (4) Each and every citizen may chose whether to move somewhere else at Germany´s cost or to stay and witness the "Wonder of Kaliningrad" that is to come
  • (5) Those who want to leave are paid a good sum for the privat land they may own
  • The points (2) and (3) are enacted and renewable after 40 years from the day of handover
Orders
- Wire 5 Economic Points to Russia
- Pay those Kaliningrad citizens that want to leave (7 EP)
- Wait for the "vacation" of the city

Quote:
Germany

Economy 34 (-12, purchase of Kaliningrad)
Army 56 (+1 army reform and draft)
Navy 21 (+1 growing)
Air 55 (+1 growing)
Discontent 32 (-15, Eastern restorement policy *very* popular)
Infrastructure 93 (+3, Kaliningrad aquisition demands new supply routes)
Education 93 (+1, continuing improvement due to school reform)

GOVERNMENT
Dictatorship;
Kanzler Edmund Stoiber, Right-wing Conservatives.
No elections planned

Last edited by Micha; March 24, 2004 at 10:42.