Old February 9, 2004, 19:08   #31
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 11:40
Local Date: November 2, 2010
That was not a "grate" mistake t-ras. I was being a girl, you know, shouting whenever there is any littlest thing for me to shout. You'll get used to my hysterics from time to time.

We will still have about 200 ecs or so. I think we should do fine. We may not be able to gift the PEACE much money but they have managed to stay alive without us for long so I wouldn't worry about it either.

The turn limit is 48 hours from the time when buster posted his turn. So best way to go by is to check his post.

Again, no sweat. I did say please feel free to change. You did what you feel is the best and I haven't even seen the turn. Please don't take it to say that you won't do anything the next time.

Oh and I was able to use this to say to the CC that it was a mistake that we cancelled the pact. A nice side effect isn't it.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 9, 2004, 19:32   #32
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 12:40
What happened?

Why?

Where can we see the turn that was actually played?

Mead
Old February 9, 2004, 20:26   #33
Mead
King

Thanks Hong Hu,

I got both saves you e-mailed me.

Is the second one the one that was actually posted?

t-ras's use of 100 ECs is not that much of a problem.

I do not think the 50 ECs to the Peace would do much for them anyway. They either make it to us or not. I think all of their cities will fall. The only question is if they can win the race to us before their last city falls.

I notice that you did not use many crawlers to rush the prototypes.

I also notice that you started a lot of 1-3-1 defense units. They may be useful. Drop would have been better, or even better aviation units.

I like the drop rover.

I like the two 1-3-1 drop units.

Why can't we build a Rec Commons in Octavianburg? That hospital is going to take a long time to build, a Net Node or Rec Commons would be faster, plus take care of 2 Drones instead of one. Even if we were looking to concentrate on research right now, the energy Octavianburg is not that much. I noticed that, although I could make the Rec Commons in my simulated turn (I think that was the Rec Commons I rushed) I cannot change to make on in this save.

I also noticed that Zeropolis is starting a crawler.

For the next turn we should concentrate on the military.

We have the oppurtunity to seize almost all of Uni. We should this before the Drones are able, or worse the AOE is able to fortify its defense.

Now is the time to act quickly.

Mead
Old February 9, 2004, 20:30   #34
Mead
King

Double Post.

Last edited by Mead; February 9, 2004 at 23:02.
Old February 10, 2004, 02:04   #35
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Oct was having a drone riot and the rioting drones some now changed my production order to the research hospital (see my "strange" thread). I am planning to change its production to a 6-1-12 chopper or 1-1-12 chopper the next turn. The cumulated minerals are less than 10 so we won't lose anything when I change it.

The 1-3-1 garrison units on the east side was there for defense against CCs. I myself do not think we are in urgent need for those but sounds to me that some of you are actually a little worried about the CCs attack from the sea.

Next turn we will make 5 more choppers and 1 more drop rover to make our force 10 choppers, 3 drop infantry, 3 drop prob and 2 drop rovers. We will need to rush the choppers or build shell and mass upgrade them in the next turn depending on which cost less. They will be ready in 2158 and get in to position 2159.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 10, 2004, 02:05   #36
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Mead
We have the oppurtunity to seize almost all of Uni. We should this before the Drones are able, or worse the AOE is able to fortify its defense.

Mead
Drones? Are you suggesting we grab the uni bases before the Drones and surprise them?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 10, 2004, 02:57   #37
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 19:40
i dont seem to have an option to upload tunr here.
so ill mail tomorrow hunghu the turn (before i pressed "end")
so you can see all changes.
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 10, 2004, 14:55   #38
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

send to hunghu turn before closing so you can see the changes done.
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 11, 2004, 00:47   #39
Snowflake
Princess

Thanks t-ras. Got it. I may not have time to look at it until after Thursday thought. I have a filing due on Friday with an internal deadline of Wednesday. I've pretty much finished but will still be busy discussing it and preparing the prehearing analysis.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 11, 2004, 20:29   #40
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu

Drones? Are you suggesting we grab the uni bases before the Drones and surprise them?
Yes.

As far as I know there is no agreement how we are to divide the Uni bases.

I thought we would cooperate, but if we can capture the Uni bases before the Drones then let's do it.

From what I saw, it looked like the Drones were still building towards infrastructure this turn. I say let them.

They can be the builder/researcher side of the alliance, while we are the conquering military side of the alliance.

Mead
Old February 11, 2004, 22:51   #41
Snowflake
Princess

Drones have some large bases and I believe they can build some choppers in one turn. It's unlikely we'll be able to get a large force before them. Even if we can, I'd tell them which bases we are going to grab. That's the idea of the super faction isn't it?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 12, 2004, 19:26   #42
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:40
We can grab all the bases and fight about it later. When Cyuni are vanquished then it doesn't matter who has what base, does it?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 13, 2004, 00:40   #43
Snowflake
Princess

It does matter since we can't gift bases freely to each other. Whatever bases we take will stay with us. I want to coorperate with Drones. I don't want to backstab them.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 13, 2004, 08:10   #44
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 18:40
Same goes for me. We better keep them as our friends. If this PBEM isn´t reason enough, then think of future ones
Old February 13, 2004, 10:35   #45
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

But when the enemies are defeated, does it matter who has the most bases, or which bases? The game will be at an end.

-Jam
Old February 13, 2004, 10:54   #46
Snowflake
Princess

But there are still some enemies around right now mind you. And will be for some time too.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 13, 2004, 17:32   #47
Mead
King

Quote:
It does matter since we can't gift bases freely to each other. Whatever bases we take will stay with us. I want to coorperate with Drones. I don't want to backstab them.

I absolutely don't want to backstab them.

But, we have not entered into an agreement on which base to let them take.

I want us to get Longreach and its northern neighbor that are sharing the boreholes.

[BIG QUESTION: Longreach should be size two by the time we attack it. Will our destruction of the last unit, even if it is just a probe unit, reduce its population to 1? Will then our occupation of it obliterte it?

I want to capture it so we can use it to continue the invasion (drop units from it, land choppers and planes there, have a safe place for units to rest and repair).

If it would be destroyed then how many EC would a probe action take; assuming we destroy the probe there with airpower first?]

Consider it a friendly compitition.

Should the Drones ask then we should agree to discus who will take what. Until they do, I see no restriction on either us taking all we can take or them taking all they can take.

Mead

PS

Until it looks like they are ready to start taking bases or until it looks like we really need to coordinate the invasion with them I think we should just go ahead and take what we can.
Old February 13, 2004, 17:40   #48
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

i generally agree with mead. just that ill think will have to be very sensitive not to loose our friendship with them too eisily.
Old February 13, 2004, 18:19   #49
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Mead

I want us to get Longreach and its northern neighbor that are sharing the boreholes.
I think we could tell them that around turn 2157-2158, depending on when we are ready.

Quote:
[BIG QUESTION: Longreach should be size two by the time we attack it. Will our destruction of the last unit, even if it is just a probe unit, reduce its population to 1? Will then our occupation of it obliterte it?

I want to capture it so we can use it to continue the invasion (drop units from it, land choppers and planes there, have a safe place for units to rest and repair).

If it would be destroyed then how many EC would a probe action take; assuming we destroy the probe there with airpower first?]
I can't answer this question. I'm BAAAD at wars. That's exactly why we need other people than me to run the turns when the war actually starts.

Quote:
Until it looks like they are ready to start taking bases or until it looks like we really need to coordinate the invasion with them I think we should just go ahead and take what we can.
They have asked in the beginning. We have not responded yet. And I think we are currently coordinating the invasion with them. Although we really can't coordinate too much yet until we got our armies ready.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 15, 2004, 05:02   #50
Snowflake
Princess

Ok I finally finished the redo run. Took me longer than double the time I did it last time. I have tried to do exactly what I have done but it is really hard to think about what I did for all those formers and crawlers. Also a couple bases production changed because the circumstances changed. I suppose because the PEACE war had different result (I forgot to check sorry) some of our bases' b-drone level changed. So I had to do a scout in googlie's base and do not need it for kody.

Sorry I was too tired and forgot to save before end-turn also. It is mainly the same with the last run I believe, but definitely not exactly the same as I indicated above.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 15, 2004, 05:21   #51
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 10:40
Seeing as I am slowly going to be phasing back into active duty over the next week I’d like to know two things, the status of our military buildup and our defenses? Call me paranoid, and I have the utmost trust in HongHu and everyone, but my faith in the CyCon seems low, they will (if at all rational) take out end of a pact with them as a sign of hostility, and will see that we are planning a military buildup since we’re denying them infiltration. Given their knowledge of our current military status they might think it a good idea to attack soon before we get our defenses up. Now of course I believe we can withstand and deflect any such attempt, but we must keep in mind the possibility of such an occurrence and take countermeasures to prevent it. As for what these countermeasures should be, aside from the defense buildup itself, perhaps on the diplomatic front attempt to delay hostile action by the CyCon somehow.
Old February 15, 2004, 13:25   #52
Snowflake
Princess

We have 1 scout and 1 +3 garrison in each of the east bases. Also two noodles and a cruiser and another ship is nearby. Each base also have a probe too I believe. I think we should be ok so far.

Dip front if we could somehow slip some info to them saying we are busy building up defenses (instead of offenses) maybe they won't want to attck us soon? Or would they want to attack us before we get lots of defenses?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 15, 2004, 18:29   #53
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 10:40
Quote:
We have 1 scout and 1 +3 garrison in each of the east bases. Also two noodles and a cruiser and another ship is nearby. Each base also have a probe too I believe. I think we should be ok so far.

Dip front if we could somehow slip some info to them saying we are busy building up defenses (instead of offenses) maybe they won't want to attck us soon? Or would they want to attack us before we get lots of defenses?
The prudent course of action would be to attack before your enemy has defenses ready. Therefore I think that if we tell them that we are building up defenses they make take it as a sign that we are unprepared and will see that as a window in which they can attack. Given this perhaps I was too hasty to state that we should take diplomatic action, the best course may indeed be silence. What we might want to do is now that we have secured our homeland would be to prepare our offenses so that we may strike first if we so chose. This might allow us to take out the CyCon invasion force long before they even reach us, a pre-emptive measure designed to secure our holdings.
Old February 15, 2004, 20:04   #54
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire

The prudent course of action would be to attack before your enemy has defenses ready. Therefore I think that if we tell them that we are building up defenses they make take it as a sign that we are unprepared and will see that as a window in which they can attack. Given this perhaps I was too hasty to state that we should take diplomatic action, the best course may indeed be silence. What we might want to do is now that we have secured our homeland would be to prepare our offenses so that we may strike first if we so chose. This might allow us to take out the CyCon invasion force long before they even reach us, a pre-emptive measure designed to secure our holdings.
We have DAP now. CyCon will have to wait until after next turn to get it from Uni.

I am recommending a full assault on Uni holdings starting in two turns.

We need to exploit the small window of oppurtunity we have now to take all of Uni (OK, share some of it with the Drones if necessary), before CyCon can marshall the combined bases of CyCon, Uni, and captured Peace into a direct threat to us.

A few defensive needlejets patrolling ours and the Drones coasts should keep both the Drones and us safe for the near to mid term future.

I will review the turn when we get it from the Drones and make some detailed proposals for military action over the next three turns. For now I am thinking Chop n' Drop.

To repeat what I stated in my prior posts I would something like:

4 to 6 Needlejets;
6 Missile Choppers;
4 1-3-2 Drop Rovers (could use infantry if necessary, or a mix); and
4 Drop Probes;

to start the war, but I could start it with about two thirds the above forces if required.

The best defense is to use our air assets to patrol the waters approaching our shores, and to roll back the CyCon/Uni (I like the term AOE, short for Axis of Evil, as well) bases so that if AOE is still around when missiles and PB's become available, our core bases will be out of range from their bases.

Mead
Old February 18, 2004, 04:36   #55
Jamski
Deity

Voltaire - don't worry - we have been planning a "first strike" for some time

-Jam