Old February 9, 2004, 15:59   #1
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 10:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Goverment Organization
Theirs been a bit of debate latly about the creation of new goverment positions. We have more people and more responsibilites as of latly and I think new positions would be very helpfull.

First off the Department of Inteligence would be a fine addition to our faction. This department would be tasked with analizing past saves to determine the actions of factions we are Pacted with. Along with creating Maps and predictiong enemy tec advances uing the Minute Mirrage Mod3 Tec sheet. This Department would put out report when ever it wishes rather then once a turn.

Second, spliting the External Affairs department into a Militayr and Diplomatic Core is an obvious move. We can expect to we in and out of war for most of the rest of the game so this will greatly reduce the burden on the External Affairs function.

The Editor and Chief of the Digital Data Download is another new postion which seems to be under the defacto control of Obstructor. I suspect no one realy has a propblem with making this a perminent position as I highly doubt anyone would run against or defeat Obstructor in an election for this position.

Conserning Univerity and its affairs, should all the Internal affairs of Uni fall under the single Cycon IAF and its externals falling under the likwise Cycon EAF?

Also can we have the duties of the Second fucntion clarified?
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old February 9, 2004, 16:17   #2
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 19:42
for Intelligence Department.
for Military Department.
We should ask Uni members about their opinion too.
Old February 9, 2004, 16:23   #3
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by obstructor
for Intelligence Department.
for Military Department.
We should ask Uni members about their opinion too.
We do . They can read this anytime.
Old February 9, 2004, 17:02   #4
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

What if they do not read it
Old February 9, 2004, 17:54   #5
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
What if they do not read it
Well, we're all CPU members, so it doensn't really matter. Anyone can make proposals or objections anytime, hey, one might promote himself of the IAF post of the PUT.
Old February 10, 2004, 08:27   #6
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 04:42
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Minute Mirrage Mod3 Tec sheet.
Where is this, exactly?
Old February 10, 2004, 09:10   #7
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 17:42
A formula that tells you what choices you can research next. It works on a Modulo3 basis, and was created by Minute Mirage.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old February 10, 2004, 09:48   #8
GeoModder
Deity

Ok, to put thing in proper order on screen:
How do people feel over this organogram:

Prime Function: plays PUT and CC turn, and is our enlightned leader.

Second Function: as readed in the 'constitution' early in the game, fills in when one of the other function's can't perform.

Internal Affairs Function (CC): proposes the IAF orders for CC

Internal Affairs Function (PUT): proposes the IAF orders for PUT (perhaps should be renamed a bit, since most, if not all PUT members aren't 'functions' yet

External Affairs Function: takes care of the diplomaty for CPU (CC and PUT)

Military Affairs Function: proposes the MAF orders for CPU (CC and PUT) --> btw, for those understanding dutch, I do not think it's a function, far from that.

3D Editor Function (3DEF): Function in charge of 3D, bringing out the magazine in the main forum in a presentable form.

Gathering Intelligence Function (GIF): in charge of analyzing the other factions intentions, map making and research prediction, perhaps as well making proposals for external probe actions.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 10, 2004, 10:03   #9
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

I'd go for all of those with the exception of the Gathering Intelligence Function. The analysis of other factions intentions is done by the EAF and the whole faction, map making and prediction can be done by anyone, and proposals for probe actions are best done by MAF and EAF, or by consensus, IMHO.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old February 10, 2004, 10:10   #10
GeoModder
Deity

Yes, the last one is fairly intrusive on some of the other Functions, But it needed to be proposed there since Mart and Impaler were in favour of it.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 10, 2004, 14:20   #11
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Well I certainly didn`t expect to be part of the government.
Old February 10, 2004, 15:03   #12
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Well I certainly didn`t expect to be part of the government.
Well, we do need someone to polish and publish our decisions. The least we can do is call it a goverment post.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 10, 2004, 15:09   #13
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder

Well, we do need someone to polish and publish our decisions. The least we can do is call it a goverment post.

We decided to nuke Hive to hell.
We decided to build some pools on Hive teritory.
Old February 11, 2004, 00:51   #14
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 04:42
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
A formula that tells you what choices you can research next. It works on a Modulo3 basis, and was created by Minute Mirage.
Where can I get this, I mean.
Old February 11, 2004, 01:20   #15
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Also, you must create a position

God
Egotistical bastard who keeps destroying our bases! He's more of a threat than any of the other factions are! Our lovely Lord-in-Savior whom we worshpi everyday at our local temple

Reserved for me. Express reverence by kissing at my feet NOW!

Last edited by GeoModder; February 11, 2004 at 07:56.
Old February 11, 2004, 01:31   #16
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

If the ID (Intelligence Department) comes to existence, i apply for the function of an analyst there
Old February 11, 2004, 07:48   #17
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
Also, you must create a position

God
No. And for a very practical reason: God does not interfere with the petty quarrels of mere low-life humans (full or cyborg). God is be above, below and beside that. Therefore no position for it is needed.

Do I feel the thread of above me now?

/me kisses Our Lord-in-Saviour's Feet.
Feeling a little afterwards by the godly odour.

Quote:
Originally posted by mart7x5
If the ID (Intelligence Department) comes to existence, i apply for the function of an analyst there
Any info you can gather, make or find out is usefull. Even if there doesn't come a specific department for it. You can always post it in the appropriate thread

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Last edited by GeoModder; February 11, 2004 at 07:57.
Old February 13, 2004, 13:39   #18
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
External Affairs Function: takes care of the diplomaty for CPU (CC and PUT)
If External Affairs will be splitted into diplomacy and military, IMO the above position should be renamed to Foreign Affairs.

Btw, who will fill these positions?
Old February 13, 2004, 14:59   #19
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac

If External Affairs will be splitted into diplomacy and military, IMO the above position should be renamed to Foreign Affairs.

Btw, who will fill these positions?
Foreign Affairs Function? FAF

I propose by the next 'elections' to let ppl put their names. For now it might be a bit difficult since Impaler (a continuous presence in the top Functions) is not capable of participating much. Only 2 or 3 turns to go for this legislature. Should be doable. Further more for the next 2-3 turns the production of PUT is fairly obvious, not much to discuss about that I think.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 13, 2004, 15:23   #20
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Let hold the poll now with all positions.
Old February 13, 2004, 15:25   #21
GeoModder
Deity

For the internal affairs I propose the name CIA (Conscieusness Internal Affairs) and PUB (Planetary University Bureau)

SMAC(X) Marsscenario