Old February 12, 2004, 00:33   #31
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 19:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
How could I neglect this wonderful thread?
Old February 12, 2004, 00:33   #32
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 17:48
Fez: The Spanish "army" is weakazz!
Russia could easily capture Madrid without even a thought.
If Russia put thought into it, then we would easily occupy all of spain within hours.
Old February 12, 2004, 00:33   #33
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 11:48
Alright, I read the summaries on the website, but thanks.

I think the entire prohibition of deficits is a little tough. Is it okay to spend more than income if you have money left over in the state's reserves, should that ever actually happen some day?

Complete elimination of deficits might come back to bite Californians in the ass one day should we ever have a national economic collapse but still need to educate our little youngins, but there should be limits on government growth and deficit as a percentage of GDP (preferably, tied to population growth + x% and 1% or less respsectively. I'm not an expert on state budgets though.)
Old February 12, 2004, 00:34   #34
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 14:48
Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
Fez: The Spanish "army" is weakazz!
Russia could easily capture Madrid without even a thought.
If Russia put thought into it, then we would easily occupy all of spain within hours.
Russia can't even capture Chechnya properly.

Back to the topic please.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old February 12, 2004, 00:36   #35
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 12:48
popcorn anyone?

*PLATO goes to kitchen for another round*
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old February 12, 2004, 00:37   #36
Spiffor

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
Of course, but that's because Chechnya fights well, unlike Spain.

I mean Chechens have only used kalashnikovs and rocket launchers all their lives. The average Spanish soldier, believing his outdated material will do something for him, will never know how to use this old buts useful weapons. The Spaniards will just find the Russians with tanks falling in pieces and ships on the verge of sinking
Old February 12, 2004, 00:38   #37
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez

If the international community would just let us commit atrocities, we could easily turn it into a parking lot for all our stolen cars
OTOH, Spain lost a bunch of little islands to Morroco.....and negotiated it to be a NEUTRAL ZONE!

Old February 12, 2004, 00:38   #38
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor

Of course, but that's because Chechnya fights well, unlike Spain.

I mean Chechens have only used kalashnikovs and rocket launchers all their lives. The average Spanish soldier, believing his outdated material will do something for him, will never know how to use this old buts useful weapons. The Spaniards will just find the Russians with tanks falling in pieces and ships on the verge of sinking
Spain doesn't have outdated equipment. I love the G-36 and Leopard 2A4. And we won't fire a bullet, as all the Russian stuff will be on the bottom of the ocean. And our ships won't fire a shot either.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old February 12, 2004, 00:39   #39
monkspider
Civilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
King

Where is the mighty Spanish Armada Fez?
Old February 12, 2004, 00:39   #40
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

If the international community would just let us commit atrocities, we could easily turn it into a parking lot for all our stolen cars
OTOH, Spain lost a bunch of little islands to Morroco.....and negotiated it to be a NEUTRAL ZONE!

Actually if you weren't so braindead, you will see we recaptured that one little island back. It had three goats. But the EU was pissed off and made a big deal about it.
Old February 12, 2004, 00:41   #41
Spiffor

Don't kid yourself, Fez, you know very well that a regiment of the Foreign Legion would overthrow Spain. So imagine what a few more Russian badazzes could to to Spain

Heck, even a group of Monkspider-tankists would wreck havoc there
Old February 12, 2004, 00:41   #42
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Don't kid yourself, Fez, you know very well that a regiment of the Foreign Legion would overthrow Spain. So imagine what a few more Russian badazzes could to to Spain

Heck, even a group of Monkspider-tankists would wreck havoc there
I could walk into France with a pistol, and they would surrender.
Old February 12, 2004, 00:43   #43
Nubclear

@ Spiff

Plus, remember we Russians are as tough as nails! Stalingrad, anyone?
Spain....isn't Their most memorable military victories come from them slaughtering innocent natives in America.
But let's look at the numbers....

Military manpower - availability:
males age 15-49: 36 million (2003 est.)
Military manpower - fit for military service:
males age 15-49: 24 million (2003 est.)

Military manpower - availability:
males age 15-49: 10,524,715 (2003 est.)
Military manpower - fit for military service:
males age 15-49: 8,391,612 (2003 est.)

Talk about PWND!!11!!1
Old February 12, 2004, 00:44   #44
Spiffor

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
I could walk into France with a pistol, and they would surrender.
Sorry mon ami, but ze first policier you'll find will put you into ze prison. We are not afraid of kids with guns.

Don't try it in Russia though. They are paranoid right now, and they could well kill you without warning
Old February 12, 2004, 00:44   #45
Giancarlo
King

Russia got defeated by the Japanese. And Russia isn't good anywhere outside their land.
Old February 12, 2004, 00:45   #46
Giancarlo
King

Quote:

Sorry mon ami, but ze first policier you'll find will put you into ze prison. We are not afraid of kids with guns.

Don't try it in Russia though. They are paranoid right now, and they could well kill you without warning
Well you French did do something that right and that was that greenpeace ship you blew up.
Old February 12, 2004, 00:46   #47
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
Russia got defeated by the Japanese. And Russia isn't good anywhere outside their land.
That was during the Czarist times, and the Czars suck. Communism was really great for Russia.
Not to mention that was the navy. If Japan came on Russia soil, they would be mortally PWND!!11!1
And we aren't great outside of our land? Tell that to Eastern Europe Tell that to Germany Tell that to central Asia
Old February 12, 2004, 00:47   #48
Spiffor

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
Well you French did do something that right and that was that greenpeace ship you blew up.
As you know, we're always glad to further the cause of fascism in our world.

You should talk to our police minister, I'm sure he'll be interested in your innovative ideas!
Old February 12, 2004, 00:55   #49
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 11:48
Damnit Fez. You bit the bait, then you tried chomping down on it like you were mad with rabies or something, and right now it's lodged in your throat.
Old February 12, 2004, 00:56   #50
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 13:48
Well... blowing up that Greenpeace ship was a good move, IMO .

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old February 12, 2004, 00:58   #51
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by mrmitchell
Damnit Fez. You bit the bait, then you tried chomping down on it like you were mad with rabies or something, and right now it's lodged in your throat.
I'm dirty.
Old February 12, 2004, 01:00   #52
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez

I'm dirty.
That was probably my most obvious, blunt, worst troll EVER

Yet you bit it I'm so glad your back Fezzie...Poly is going to be so much more fun with our resident fascist
Old February 12, 2004, 01:05   #53
Giancarlo
King

There goes a perfectly fine thread. I am out of here to get ready for tomorrow.. I have classes 11AM-3:15PM.
Old February 12, 2004, 01:07   #54
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Well crap...I'm outta popcorn anyway.

Welcome home Fez!
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old February 12, 2004, 01:39   #55
Barinthus
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 09:48
Aw, Plato, I wanted some of that popcorn.

PWND, what's dat?

Anyway it's probably too late but I'll give it a shot... coming back to the thread...

Ok first of all, how did California get in this $80 billion deficit in the first place? It's because of Californians wanting this and that and then when the state say it'll have to raise taxes to pay for this and that, Californians whine and moan about it and heck they even call for a recall.

According to Prop 57, let me quote... 'The California Economic Recovery Bond Act will consolidate the deficit and ALLOW CALIFORNIA TO GET ITS FINANCIAL HOUSE IN ORDER--WITHOUT RAISING TAXES.'

How is that possible? It seems so voo-dooish to me.
Old February 12, 2004, 02:40   #56
Hueij
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Well... blowing up that Greenpeace ship was a good move, IMO .

So terrorism is okay as long as you support it's goals? I'm sure the widow and two kids of the press photographer that was killed in the blast will agree with you...
Old February 12, 2004, 03:09   #57
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 10:48
I support both of this propositions in their entirety. The problem with California is it requires a simple majority to make an expenditure but a super majority to raise taxes. Since the butt covering politicians will almost never cut any programs for fear of upsetting voters that means we perpetually spend more then the state makes in taxes even though we are the richest state in America with the largest budget of any state.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old February 12, 2004, 03:38   #58
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

I support the Terminator. I think he's doing a great job so far. He's a man of action- I like that. Vs. the inaction of Gray Davis.
Old February 12, 2004, 03:40   #59
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
I support both of this propositions in their entirety. The problem with California is it requires a simple majority to make an expenditure but a super majority to raise taxes. Since the butt covering politicians will almost never cut any programs for fear of upsetting voters that means we perpetually spend more then the state makes in taxes even though we are the richest state in America with the largest budget of any state.
similar problem with my state.

My republican governor (though he acts like a democrat) really increases spending, but we couldn't approve the 2/3 majority needed to raise taxes. The courts forced our state to raise taxes

Also if I'm not mistaken my state has a limitation on not running a deficit. So I don't think that is such a bad idea.
Old February 12, 2004, 04:01   #60
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 09:48
Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
I oppose the bond one. Oh, I am not going to vote, unless you will gimme some money to bribe the election officials to allow me to vote.