Old February 16, 2004, 05:04   #91
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 14:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia

prove it.

and yea, im both druink, stoned and its late. not all people who use drugs are adddicts, such as myself.
Okay... I don't argue with drunk or stoned people because they tend to forget what I say. So what's the use? Sober up.

Your posting denotes you being at least drunk.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old February 16, 2004, 05:13   #92
Giancarlo
King

And by the way, the party I associate myself is in my signature. Don't understand Spanish? Too bad.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old February 16, 2004, 05:32   #93
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 09:48
Arnold can suck it! I don't support these propsitions. TAX THE RICH! it is that simple.
Old February 16, 2004, 07:14   #94
Giancarlo
King

Get a clue. The rich are taxed enough.
Old February 16, 2004, 07:31   #95
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Quote:
Yeah, and Bush never gave them a 1 TRILLION dollar tax break, wake up man!
Old February 16, 2004, 07:44   #96
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
Does someone here not pay attention to the fact that the rich have more, so therefore can be taxed more? What is enough for a poor person is nothing for a rich person.
Old February 16, 2004, 07:53   #97
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Duddha

Yeah, and Bush never gave them a 1 TRILLION dollar tax break, wake up man!
Wake up. News flash! The rich pay the most taxes!

POTUS: Wealth redistribution should be illegal. We do not live in the Soviet Union where people are restricted so badly they are thrown into the yoke of oppression and human misery. If somebody wants to keep millions they make they should be entitled to. That is why I am for a regressive tax code. Progressive tax code is like a progressive cancer... a disease... that will kill the economy.
Old February 16, 2004, 07:57   #98
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
I never said it should be legal. I said that people who can help the most should.

If your house was burning down, and there was no fire department, would you want your neighbor, a trained firefighter, to help you put out the fire? Because, what you're saying is that you wouldn't.
Old February 16, 2004, 12:04   #99
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 13:48
I do not support either of these propositons, because I live in Florida, and they don't concern me.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old February 16, 2004, 14:03   #100
Zkribbler
Deity

Local Time: 10:48
Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
For Prop 57, AGAINST Prop 58
Yieeeee, me and Imran agreeing on something?! Quick, check the ski reports from hell.

I'm for Prop. 56 -- The Budget Responsibility Act (requires the Legislature to stay in session & discuss no other issue but the budget once the deadline is passed; lowers to percentage needed for passage from 66% to 55%.)
I'm leaning towards Prop 57 [new bonds] -- although the last polls I saw showed it had only a 30% favorable rating.
And against Prop 58 -- We don't need anymore daconian cuts. We cannot balance the budget on the backs of the impoverished, the sick, the elderly and the students.

California is one of the fastest growing states in the nation, but we're only 17th in spending--which means we can't even keep up with current growth. Our educational system has suffered under a generation of financial neglect. Gray Davis was finally starting to correct it, taking us from 49th in the nation in per student spending to 33rd, but we still have a long way to go. Our health care and transportation systems are abysmal.

Sava's suggestion to tax the rich isn't far off. First, we need to repeal the tax cuts given to the richest Californians by Gov. Wilson. Second, we need to revoke the tax breaks given to commercial and industrial properties under Prop 13. And third, we need to tax all income as income--whether it comes by way of salary, capital gains, inheritance, or stock market investments.
Old February 16, 2004, 14:41   #101
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by POTUS
I never said it should be legal. I said that people who can help the most should.

If your house was burning down, and there was no fire department, would you want your neighbor, a trained firefighter, to help you put out the fire? Because, what you're saying is that you wouldn't.
That is an irrelevant example as there is a fire department. Anyways, these people pay the most taxes as it is. So please spare me. And don't try to twist my words in your dumb analogies.

"California is one of the fastest growing states in the nation"

We are? Last time I heard the economy here was in a slump.

"Second, we need to revoke the tax breaks given to commercial and industrial properties under Prop 13. "

Last I heard businesses were taxed the most here out of the entire nation. Great drive away more businesses.

What this state needs is more corporate tax cuts.

And Gray Davis was a moron.... who screwed up the state... I mean he was cutting back on education himself.
Old February 16, 2004, 16:11   #102
David Floyd
Emperor

Local Time: 17:48
Fez,

You are saying that the Libertarian Party is not in favor of a free market?

I'm sorry, that's retarded. The LP is against immigration controls, tariffs, taxes, subsidies, the minimum wage, etc. The Republican Party supports all of those things. Which party is more "free market" oriented, again?
Old February 16, 2004, 16:27   #103
POTUS
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
What this state needs is more corporate tax cuts.
Oh, so you support giving the state so little money that, instead of cutting most of the programs for poor people, they'd have to cut all of them.
Old February 16, 2004, 16:30   #104
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by David Floyd
Fez,

You are saying that the Libertarian Party is not in favor of a free market?

I'm sorry, that's retarded. The LP is against immigration controls, tariffs, taxes, subsidies, the minimum wage, etc. The Republican Party supports all of those things. Which party is more "free market" oriented, again?
The Republican party, therefore that is the party I associate myself with. Is against immigration controls? I want more immigration controls, in fact I want the national guard deployed along the US/Mexican border. And pro-corporate subsides are part of my philosophy too. Anything to help the business, as the business is always first.

POTUS:

Quote:
Oh, so you support giving the state so little money that, instead of cutting most of the programs for poor people, they'd have to cut all of them.
This is what has to happen:

Corporate taxes have to be reduced. They have to cut programs for poor people. I am sorry, but there is just no money left. To generate money, we have to attract business. That is the only way. There is no other way. And your way won't work.
Old February 16, 2004, 16:33   #105
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 12:48
Quote:

You act as if there would be something wrong with government cutting costs.
Old February 16, 2004, 16:34   #106
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
The Republican party, therefore that is the party I associate myself with. Is against immigration controls? I want more immigration controls, in fact I want the national guard deployed along the US/Mexican border. And pro-corporate subsides are part of my philosophy too. Anything to help the business, as the business is always first.
Then, as you must admit, the Libertarian Party favors a more free market than either you or the Republican Party.
Old February 16, 2004, 16:34   #107
POTUS
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
This is what has to happen:

Corporate taxes have to be reduced. They have to cut programs for poor people. I am sorry, but there is just no money left. To generate money, we have to attract business. That is the only way. There is no other way. And your way won't work.
There doesn't have to be no money left. All across the country states are raising taxes. Why should we not add taxes, not as much as other states, but just enough to increase the state's revenue?
Old February 16, 2004, 16:35   #108
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 12:48
Or cut spending?
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old February 16, 2004, 16:37   #109
Giancarlo
King

Quote:

Then, as you must admit, the Libertarian Party favors a more free market than either you or the Republican Party.
I don't call letting in a bunch of illegals into the country free market. I am more pro-corporate than the Libertarian party. There is another problem, the Libertarian party isn't strong enough and would never field an electable candidate, therefore I would never vote for them.

POTUS: Raise taxes? Then what? Screw over the state even more? We have the highest taxes in the entire nation. Raising taxes scares off businesses. Is there something in your head that doesn't connect?
Old February 16, 2004, 16:38   #110
Kontiki
King

Fez, do you have any idea what a free market is?

You can support whatever you want, just don't call all the things you listed examples of free market activities.
Old February 16, 2004, 16:39   #111
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
I don't call letting in a bunch of illegals into the country free market.
I don't care WHAT you call it, but free immigration is an aspect of free markets. In any case, what about the minimum wage example? Haven't touched that one yet. Or tariffs.

Quote:
I am more pro-corporate than the Libertarian party.
Which doesn't necessarily equate with "free market". "Free market" doesn't mean "all laws slanted in favor of corporations".
Old February 16, 2004, 16:40   #112
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Kontiki
Fez, do you have any idea what a free market is?
You're a moron. I support a free market but with some protectionism.

Quote:
You can support whatever you want, just don't call all the things you listed examples of free market activities.
Did I?
Old February 16, 2004, 16:41   #113
Giancarlo
King

DF, the party is not popular enough and a vote to them would be a waste. Like putting my vote in a shredder machine. And I don't like their view on drugs.
Old February 16, 2004, 16:44   #114
David Floyd
Emperor

I don't care. I'm just pointing out that they are more in favor of a free market than either you or the Republican Party, in direct refutation of your earlier uninformed BAMs.
Old February 16, 2004, 16:45   #115
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
I don't care. I'm just pointing out that they are more in favor of a free market than either you or the Republican Party, in direct refutation of your earlier uninformed BAMs.
They are for illegal immigration and drug abuse... doesn't sound free market to me. Free market comes with a branch of morality. I just don't see this party as a moral one that fits my moral views.
Old February 16, 2004, 16:47   #116
POTUS
Prince

So sad how stupid some people such as Fez are.

Can't even debate with them over obvious issues.
Old February 16, 2004, 16:47   #117
Kontiki
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez

You're a moron. I support a free market but with some protectionism.
Yes, I'm a moron because you said you support a "free market" which skews everything towards corporations

Quote:
Did I?
Yep -

Quote:
originally posted by David Floyd
Quote:
originally posted by Fez The Republican party, therefore that is the party I associate myself with.
Are you back to denying what you said a few posts earlier? That's always been one of your most endearing qualities.
Old February 16, 2004, 16:48   #118
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
So sad how stupid some people such as Fez are.

Can't even debate with them over obvious issues.
The only stupid person around here is you. You seem to think raising taxes will makes thing better...

Anyways, there is a link to the party I associate myself with in my signature. It is the most accurate representation of my views.
Old February 16, 2004, 16:54   #119
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
They are for illegal immigration and drug abuse... doesn't sound free market to me.
OK, whatever you say.

The ability to move around freely and the ability to buy, sell, and use substances of your choice are all examples of the free market.

Quote:
Free market comes with a branch of morality.
Back that up.
Old February 16, 2004, 16:55   #120
Giancarlo
King

Well at any rate, the Popular Party in Spain is the political party I associate myself, moreso than the Republican party.

Quote:
The ability to move around freely and the ability to buy, sell, and use substances of your choice are all examples of the free market.
No... the system comes with morality not arrogance and utmost stupidity.