Old February 16, 2004, 15:17   #391
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 10:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
BTW, the AP is now reporting denials by both the woman and her father in terms that sound like they were written by the Kerry campaign. The father, who Friday called Kerry a sleaseball, now praises him and said he intends to vote for him.

This press release reeks of a coverup.
Oh please. Let's see the difference:

AP quote: direct from the girl and parents.

Initial quotes on Drudge: unnamed reporting sources.

I'm not surprised you won't admit when you're wrong, but in an especially sleazy matter as this, your continued wallowing in the mud just embarrasses you more.
Old February 16, 2004, 15:19   #392
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 12:50
Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Was he asked about it?
Wouldn't you?
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old February 16, 2004, 15:21   #393
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 13:50
Quote:
Originally posted by The Mad Monk
Wouldn't you?
Yes, I would, which is why I find it odd that there was nothing in the posts about it. It is conspicuous by its absence.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old February 16, 2004, 15:25   #394
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
He didn't deny the slimeball comment.
"We appreciate the way Senator Kerry has handled the situation, and intend on voting for him for president of the United States."

Would he vote for a man he called a slimeball and felt had inappropriate pursued his daughter?
Old February 16, 2004, 15:25   #395
Ned
King

Local Time: 09:50
Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Oh please. Let's see the difference:

AP quote: direct from the girl and parents.

Initial quotes on Drudge: unnamed reporting sources.

I'm not surprised you won't admit when you're wrong, but in an especially sleazy matter as this, your continued wallowing in the mud just embarrasses you more.
The quote from the father came from the Brit newspapers.
Old February 16, 2004, 15:29   #396
The Mad Monk
Emperor

There is nothing in the news about it. No confirmation, no denial, nothing.

Even if the question wasn't asked (assuming all the reporters there were really that incompetent), I would have voluteered the information in the statement, so people would not make the point I did above (and to screw over whoever lied about what I said in the papers).

The only reason I can think of that the denial would not be brought forward, is that there's a recording of it somewhere.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old February 16, 2004, 15:32   #397
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov

"We appreciate the way Senator Kerry has handled the situation, and intend on voting for him for president of the United States."

Would he vote for a man he called a slimeball and felt had inappropriate pursued his daughter?
Yes, he would say so, if not saying so would make his daughter, a journalist, out to be a liar.

edit: doing to saying, and added phrase, because I misread the original post.
Old February 16, 2004, 15:34   #398
chequita guevara
Emperor

Let's put it another way. Everytime somone's poted a Telegraph story here, it's been descredited pretty quickly. Without another source, I'm not willing to consider anything that rag has to say credible.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old February 16, 2004, 15:37   #399
The Mad Monk
Emperor

That dosen't address the lack of a denial. Denials are given all the time, even when the story's from "a rag"

Like Kerry did.
Old February 16, 2004, 15:45   #400
oedo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 18:50
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
BTW, the AP is now reporting denials by both the woman and her father in terms that sound like they were written by the Kerry campaign. The father, who Friday called Kerry a sleaseball, now praises him and said he intends to vote for him.
you don´t really believe, this "affair" would be strawman covering an arsenal of JFK sex affairs, do you?
Old February 16, 2004, 15:53   #401
Ned
King

oedo, I simply note the inconsistency between the fathers statement Friday and his statement today.

Does anyone recall how many of Clinton's bimbo were coerced into signing affidavits that they had no relations with Bill? Quite a few.

Ditto Michael Jackson and his young "friends."
Old February 16, 2004, 15:58   #402
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

This girl looks like my ex-girlfriend!!

Seriously this is freaking me out. I have my home page set on the drudge report, and seeing her picture every time I open my browser is freaking me out. I can't get away from her. Of course she's dead now (my ex-girlfriend- not Kerrys main squeeze)
Old February 16, 2004, 15:59   #403
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
The victim:
she looks exactly like my ex-girlfriend. That really bothers me.
Old February 16, 2004, 16:10   #404
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

So much comment on something so irrelevent and so little comment when soemthing relevent was brought up.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old February 16, 2004, 16:34   #405
Ned
King

The parents are Republicans who don't like Kerry? This from the Washington Post.

"The Washington Post London correspondent Glenn Frankel, a Pulitzer Prize winner and former editor of the Post's Sunday magazine, defended his newspaper's editorial judgment.

"We've been down this road many, many times before. We are extremely reluctant to follow this kind of thing up unless there is a really, really compelling public interest. We don't feel there is any reason to until it reaches a threshold.

"All we have at the moment is that the woman's parents, who are republicans, don't like Senator Kerry.

"In any case, nobody would be too shocked if Kerry lied about an affair. Even if someone came to us with photographs we still wouldn't run it. Lying to Don Imus [the radio host to whom Kerry gave his initial denial] is not a federal offence."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3493277.stm
Old February 16, 2004, 16:34   #406
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by oedo

you don´t really believe, this "affair" would be strawman covering an arsenal of JFK sex affairs, do you?
Well, now that you mention it...

Quote:
The Washington Post London correspondent Glenn Frankel, a Pulitzer Prize winner and former editor of the Post's Sunday magazine, defended his newspaper's editorial judgment.

"We've been down this road many, many times before. We are extremely reluctant to follow this kind of thing up unless there is a really, really compelling public interest. We don't feel there is any reason to until it reaches a threshold.

"All we have at the moment is that the woman's parents, who are republicans, don't like Senator Kerry.

"In any case, nobody would be too shocked if Kerry lied about an affair. Even if someone came to us with photographs we still wouldn't run it. Lying to Don Imus [the radio host to whom Kerry gave his initial denial] is not a federal offence."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3493277.stm

BBC covererage of The Washington Post's coverage of this story.
Old February 16, 2004, 16:35   #407
The Mad Monk
Emperor

So nice we post it twice!
Old February 16, 2004, 16:38   #408
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
The question, it appears, was first raised by aides in the campaign of retired General Wesley Clark, who himself was quoted as saying that Kerry's campaign might "implode". It has not so far and Clark has even endorsed Kerry himself.
This is the BBC, now.
Old February 16, 2004, 16:50   #409
Ned
King

I find it more than inconsistent that these Republican parents who don't like Kerry would issue a statement that they are going to vote for him.

But the fact that the liberal media will not cover this story even if they had photos of Kerry in the act with the woman does seem to illustrate the dramatic hypocrisy of the left.
Old February 16, 2004, 17:16   #410
The Emperor Fabulous
Civ4 SP Democracy Game
King

CNN just did a story about it. They specifically pointed out that the media looking into a rumor (which is really what the Drudge Report says) is completely different from substantiated facts.
Old February 16, 2004, 17:23   #411
oedo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 18:50
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
But the fact that the liberal media will not cover this story even if they had photos of Kerry in the act with the woman does seem to illustrate the dramatic hypocrisy of the left.
Ned I'm willing to buy into almost any conspiracy theory by the Dems you have to offer here. so what? it's about nothing, and especially nothing about politics.
do only the Reps have a right to smear or what is your point?
Old February 16, 2004, 17:30   #412
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by oedo

Ned I'm willing to buy into almost any conspiracy theory by the Dems you have to offer here. so what? it's about nothing, and especially nothing about politics.
do only the Reps have a right to smear or what is your point?
Maybe in your part of the world, but over here, for better or worse, voters do take such things into account, whether it makes sense or not.
Old February 16, 2004, 17:31   #413
chequita guevara
Emperor

I'm amused.
Old February 16, 2004, 17:33   #414
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
CNN just did a story about it. They specifically pointed out that the media looking into a rumor (which is really what the Drudge Report says) is completely different from substantiated facts.
Of course it's different. I just find it interesting that they would hide the story from the public even if there were substantiated facts (i.e., photos).

Actually, I find that little look into the thoughts of WP reporters very interesting, indeed.
Old February 16, 2004, 17:34   #415
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara
I'm amused.
Greatest Show On Earth.
Old February 16, 2004, 17:34   #416
Mordoch
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:50
Quote:
This is the BBC, now.
Actually that detail CONTRADICTS the Drudge story by saying an aid said it rather than Clark himself. It certainly doesn't help Drudge's credibility in general.
Old February 16, 2004, 17:38   #417
Mordoch
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:50
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
oedo, I simply note the inconsistency between the fathers statement Friday and his statement today.

Does anyone recall how many of Clinton's bimbo were coerced into signing affidavits that they had no relations with Bill? Quite a few.
This isn't a very plausible scenario here. If the parents were being pressured, they easily could have contactacted conservative politicians and have gotten immediate effective help. Bribery to get them to say this isn't very plausible because conservative members of the media would be all over it, and it would probably ruin Kerry politically if he got caught. Its possible the daugher contacted her parents and got them to issue the second statement, buts that's not exactly a scenario resembling the one that you are presenting.
Old February 16, 2004, 17:42   #418
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Actually that detail CONTRADICTS the Drudge story by saying an aid said it rather than Clark himself. It certainly doesn't help Drudge's credibility in general.
So that makes the whole thing untrue?

The fact is, you can no longer pin this on "Republican Mechanations", and you can no longer dismiss it as something only covered by "rags".

Your ball.
Old February 16, 2004, 17:47   #419
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Kenya?

www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/29/
Old February 16, 2004, 17:51   #420
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

I think I'll run for office, so I can get me some sex scandel lovin'
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)