Old February 12, 2004, 16:12   #121
SpencerH
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 12:49
Local Date: November 2, 2010
So which is it che, you dont think integrity matters or you dont think marital infidelity (assuming the story is true and wasnt a fling 20 years ago) shows a lack of integrity?
If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.
Old February 12, 2004, 16:12   #122
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

That Kerry sleeps around shouldn't be an issue while politicians like him and Shrub have far more relevant integrity issues that actually have to do with their political decisions. Giving the former any real importance drowns out the latter.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
-Bokonon
Old February 12, 2004, 16:12   #123
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 13:49
Quote:
Originally posted by yavoon

goes to integrity. sorry u dont believe in integrity. I know its one of those things that seems to be lacking. but I'm not ready to throw it out.
Did you vote for McCain or Bush?

I believe in integrity, but outside violence or an otherwise exploitive relationship, what goes on between a man and his wife is between them, and them alone. It is not your business. It is not my business. It's not anyone's business but the people involved.

If he slept with this person will it mean that Kerry: didn't vote for the war, did vote to spend $87 billion in Iraq, voted against NAFTA, etc?

Personally, I question someone's intelligence when they say they trust the President and were tricked by them. I doubt the integrity of someone who voted for a BS war, and then criticizes the conduct of that war. I question the integrity of a man who says he'd take special interests out of politics when he's been taking money from lobbyists all along. These are the things that matter, because these are what will point the way to what kind of President Kerry would be, to how he will afect you, me, and the people around us. If he's having sex with transsexual midgets, how does that determine the kind of job he's gonna do?
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old February 12, 2004, 16:18   #124
yavoon
Warlord

Local Time: 17:49
Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Did you vote for McCain or Bush?

I believe in integrity, but outside violence or an otherwise exploitive relationship, what goes on between a man and his wife is between them, and them alone. It is not your business. It is not my business. It's not anyone's business but the people involved.

If he slept with this person will it mean that Kerry: didn't vote for the war, did vote to spend $87 billion in Iraq, voted against NAFTA, etc?
he entered a marriage vow then decided to break it. if someone lies to someone else is it not helpful for me to know about it? or is it useless "cuz they didnt lie to me?"

representative democracy is a lot about integrity. it is in constant jeopardy and I refuse to go around in some fatalistic manner about the issue.

oh and I didnt vote in the primaries. but mccain is from my state.
Old February 12, 2004, 16:21   #125
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Tiny little request--

Can we not refer to this story as a fait accompli until someone more trustworthy than Matt Drudge and Rush Limbaugh reports it?
Old February 12, 2004, 16:21   #126
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SpencerH
So which is it che, you dont think integrity matters
I think that if integrity mattered, a lot of things would be very different in this country. We wouldn't have Presidents who lie so much they don't even know what the truth is. We wouldn't have a Congress that is bankrupting our future to pour money into their friends pockets. We wouldn't have corporations polluting our air and ripping the economic hearts out of our communities while demanding huge kickbacks from those communities.

I fin that those who bleat loudest about integrity often have the least. Think Gingrich, Hyde, Livingston, Bush, Bennet, Limbaugh, O'Reilly. I hate the false integrity of those who foam a righteous anger while helping themselves to our wallets and committing murder in our name. What am I supposed to think of the integrity of a man who hands over the public airwaves to a handful of corporations but foams at the accidental display of a breast?

I hate the hypocricy of it all.

Quote:
or you dont think marital infidelity (assuming the story is true and wasnt a fling 20 years ago) shows a lack of integrity?
Let's put it this way. I wouldn't marry someone who had had an affair. I wouldn't care if I were hiring that person for a job (which is what we are doing). What a person does in their personal life is not an indication of what kind of job they will give. It may show that ha has a lack of integrity in his personal relationships, but I'm not gonna marry the man, not even in Massachussetts.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old February 12, 2004, 16:21   #127
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

This is good news.
Old February 12, 2004, 16:23   #128
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by yavoon
oh and I didnt vote in the primaries. but mccain is from my state.
Did you vote for Bush or Gore. Despite what the media would tell you, Gore had much more integrity than Bush. Or did you ignore the fact that Bush was a snarky liar and theif and deserter and vote for him anyway? If so, where's your integrity?
Old February 12, 2004, 16:24   #129
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:

Did you vote for Bush or Gore. Despite what the media would tell you, Gore had much more integrity than Bush. Or did you ignore the fact that Bush was a snarky liar and theif and deserter and vote for him anyway? If so, where's your integrity?
dont generally vote for presidents. too little difference.
Old February 12, 2004, 16:24   #130
chequita guevara
Emperor

I can respect that.
Old February 12, 2004, 16:25   #131
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 11:49
Che's position seems patently obvious- if voters trully cared about "integrity", dozen of the men who have been president never would have been, including at least the last two elected, if not more. So the people now attacking Kerry for "integrity" are being very selective about their "integrity".
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old February 12, 2004, 16:25   #132
chequita guevara
Emperor

Bingo!
Old February 12, 2004, 16:27   #133
SpencerH
Emperor

Quote:

If he's having sex with transsexual midgets, how does that determine the kind of job he's gonna do?
Well it would say to me that he has an abnormal sex life compared to the average american. That might be extrapolated to mean that his opinions on subjects that havent come up for question may also be just as abnormal.
Old February 12, 2004, 16:27   #134
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Integrity... Politician... Who's kidding who here.

Let's get real... just more of the typical mud slinging. Before the electon is over, as usual, there will be mulitple mud slides. People that are making a big deal out of this should look real hard at their own candidates...

Integrety - Politicians...
Old February 12, 2004, 16:28   #135
Patroklos
Emperor

Common guys, he is a communist for christs sake. He has no concept of integrity or morality or he would have long ago abandoned such childish drivel.

I would not judge Kerry soley on this issue, but integrity, HONESTY (for you Bush critics out there), and loyalty are a large portion of his grade point average.

You know there are people who can lead AND have all those traits. They long ago gave up on the world.
Old February 12, 2004, 16:28   #136
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by GePap
Che's position seems patently obvious- if voters trully cared about "integrity", dozen of the men who have been president never would have been, including at least the last two elected, if not more. So the people now attacking Kerry for "integrity" are being very selective about their "integrity".
again someone assumes that integrity is everything.

I think dean actually has damn good integrity. but I disagree w/ so friggin much of what he sez that I couldn't vote for him.

so yah, because ppl elect ppl who have had problems w/ integrity obviously getting mad at someone who has integrity problems is hypocritical.(no)
Old February 12, 2004, 16:29   #137
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by Patroklos
Common guys, he is a communist for christs sake. He has no concept of integrity or morality or he would have long ago abandoned such childish drivel.
The communists are taking over AMERICA
Old February 12, 2004, 16:33   #138
SpencerH
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GePap
Please refresh my memory, where did Bush show any lack of integrity?
Old February 12, 2004, 16:33   #139
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Patroklos
I'm gonna let that slide.
Old February 12, 2004, 16:34   #140
The Emperor Fabulous
Civ4 SP Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 10:49
Just saw on CNN TV

WESLEY CLARK TO ENDORSE JOHN KERRY
Old February 12, 2004, 16:34   #141
Nubclear

Quote:

I'm gonna let that slide.
Good. You know he's trolling, right?

I'm also trolling when I say that I'm going to vote for Bush in the upcoming elections, in hopes that he will continue to drive America into the ground.

Old February 12, 2004, 16:36   #142
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

"Anyone who thinks this is important deserves only derision and mocking."

Old February 12, 2004, 16:37   #143
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SpencerH
Please refresh my memory, where did Bush show any lack of integrity?
Lying about tax cuts
Lying about the war
Insider trading at Harken (and lying about it too)
Taking credit for bills that were passed over his veto in Texas
Allowing a business back into Texas that had had its license pulled for torturing children in its care because it was a poltical contributor
The aircraft carrier stunt
No-bid contracts to politicaly conected firms
Getting Kennedy's support for No Child Left behind and then refusing to fund the program

there's so much I can't remember it all off the top of my head
Old February 12, 2004, 16:38   #144
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lancer
"Anyone who thinks this is important deserves only derision and mocking."

I mock you.
Old February 12, 2004, 16:42   #145
SpencerH
Emperor

Quote:

Lying about tax cuts
Lying about the war
Allowing a business back into Texas that had had its license pulled for torturing children in its care because it was a poltical contributor
Getting Kennedy's support for No Child Left behind and then refusing to fund the program

I dont recognize all of those, but the ones I do know of are only opinions (i.e. spins). Show me the money!
Old February 12, 2004, 16:46   #146
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 19:49
Che is solid gold in this thread. I agree wholeheartedly with everything he said.
Old February 12, 2004, 16:47   #147
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

"I mock you."

Whew! For a moment there I was worried you were going to use derision.
Old February 12, 2004, 16:48   #148
The diplomat
King

Local Time: 11:49
Quote:

Lying about tax cuts
Lying about the war

Not one of these are true!
'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"
Old February 12, 2004, 16:48   #149
SpencerH
Emperor

You're French. Even if your not a card-carrying member you're a commie to us anyway

Of course you agree with him, it goes without saying.
Old February 12, 2004, 16:53   #150
SpencerH
Emperor

Obviously, if a candidate existed that I could agree with even 50% of the time I might be willing to overlook small problems with integrity. Since that isnt the case, integrity is a big issue and 'gut instinct' is the decider.