Old February 12, 2004, 16:54   #151
Ned
King

Local Time: 09:49
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Clark endorsing Kerry doesn't make any sense if he is the one that leaked this to the press.

Well, Rush reports that Clark was very upset with a reported that broke the story and was seen screaming at him.

Also, the story is now being carried in England.
Old February 12, 2004, 16:56   #152
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

Local Time: 12:49
Excellent news! Lets hope this windbag goes down!

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old February 12, 2004, 16:57   #153
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

Local Time: 17:49
"Lets hope this windbag goes down!"

Old February 12, 2004, 16:57   #154
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

It's kind of hard to believe that Kerry would consider having sex. He seems kind of stiff and not in the way that would help him in that area
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old February 12, 2004, 16:58   #155
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Let us hope that for the sake of the world, Kerry loses the nomination.

Bush in 04!
Old February 12, 2004, 16:59   #156
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara

t doesn't mater that you haven't withdrawn it yet. You would withdraw it if it were true. That makes you spineless weenie. So, you think Jefferson was a bad President for sleeping with his slave? Do you think Kennedy was a bad President for sleeping with Marilyn? Do you think Clinton was a bad President for getting hummers from Monica? Do you think FDR was a bad President for having an affair while in office?

If your support is so weak that a unimportant thing like this would cause you to withdraw your support, I can't imagine how you'd ever find a candidate. Then again, you cuoldn't support Dean because of the media's lies, so I don't know why I'm surprised.
I don't think (if this is the case) that Kerry's sleazy affair would affect his role as president. But I still hold onto, to some degree, standard of integrity, even among politicians. The fact that it is impossible for me to choose a politician that has 100% integrity does not make me hypocritical -- it just means that I do have that choice, in the first place.

But this does not mean that I will throw my values outside the window.

And no, I do not believe everything the media presents (I hate Fox News) -- I try to distinguish between propaganda and facts. This is why I would need more solid, factually based information before making a decision.
Old February 12, 2004, 16:59   #157
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 13:49
Dude, we have to live here.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old February 12, 2004, 17:01   #158
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Dude, we have to live here.
Consider it your sacrafice for the world.
Old February 12, 2004, 17:04   #159
Sprayber
Emperor

It's fun watching che and Mrfun exchange witty banter
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old February 12, 2004, 17:06   #160
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
It's fun watching che and Mrfun exchange witty banter
Witty??

Chegitz came out from left field with his insult for no reason whatever -- I merely expressed my opinion, and BAM -- he came from behind to bash me in the head with a baseball bat because he disagreed.

His claim that I believe everything the media presents does not justify his insult, simply because the claim is slanderous.
Old February 12, 2004, 17:06   #161
chequita guevara
Emperor

I have a problem with the word, exchange. That implies there was wittiness on more than one side. Personally, I thought monofeletiation was funny.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old February 12, 2004, 17:06   #162
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

"It's fun watching che and Mrfun exchange witty banter"

Yes but it detracts from discussion of Kerry's situation. I mean this mess stinks worse than Bill Clinton's humidor!
Old February 12, 2004, 17:07   #163
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lancer
"Zkrib brings up a good point. It didn't hurt Ahnold, why should it hurt Kerry?"

That was California though.
More to the point, Arnold was quite snappy in owning up to it.

Remember folks, it isn't the crime that gets you killed, it's the coverup.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old February 12, 2004, 17:08   #164
Brundlefly
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
Rush thinks the real source of the story is Clinton. Apparently there is bad blood between Clinton and Kerry over Clark. Clinton will not cede control of the party to Kerry -- yet.
Rush is addicted to painkillers.
Old February 12, 2004, 17:08   #165
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:

Yes but it detracts from discussion of Kerry's situation. I mean this mess stinks worse than Bill Clinton's humidor!
Oh lord, I did not need that image.
Old February 12, 2004, 17:10   #166
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
I have a problem with the word, exchange. That implies there was wittiness on more than one side. Personally, I thought monofeletiation was funny.
Except for the fact that it is so horrendously misspelled that I can't find it on any of my favorite dictionary sites (dictionary.com, britannica.com).

And Lancer shall not be mocked!

(obscure John Malkovich paraphrase).
Old February 12, 2004, 17:11   #167
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by curtsibling
Wait till Bush's coke and AWOL stories blow the front pages...
You mean, like in 2000?
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old February 12, 2004, 17:11   #168
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrFun
I merely expressed my opinion,
You seem to be under the misapprehention that laying claim to an opinion renders you immune from commentary on said opinion and any light it may shine upon your character, or lack thereof. Let me be among the first to disabuse you of this quaint notion.
Old February 12, 2004, 17:11   #169
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:

Old February 12, 2004, 17:12   #170
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnT
Except for the fact that it is so horrendously misspelled that I can't find it on any of my favorite dictionary sites (dictionary.com, britannica.com).
It's not mispelt! It's invented
Old February 12, 2004, 17:13   #171
Sprayber
Emperor

This is not an NC17 thread
Old February 12, 2004, 17:13   #172
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:

You seem to be under the misapprehention that laying claim to an opinion renders you immune from commentary on said opinion and any light it may shine upon your character, or lack thereof. Let me be among the first to disabuse you of this quaint notion.
Again, you miss the point -- you can express your disagreement with my opinion and you can comment on it.

But coming from behind with a slanderous insult when I have not even insulted you to begin with, is not legitimate debate/discussion.
Old February 12, 2004, 17:14   #173
Lancer
Deity

"And Lancer shall not be mocked!"

I shant?
Old February 12, 2004, 17:16   #174
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmytrick

I just don't know about Clinton breaking this. I don't think Clinton wanted any democrat to win this year.
It depends on who he thinks will actually benefit the most from this. Dean still has the second highest number of delegates, right? What happens if Kerry goes down hard?
Old February 12, 2004, 17:16   #175
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:

Again, you miss the point -- you can express your disagreement with my opinion and you can comment on it.

But coming from behind with a slanderous insult when I have not even insulted you to begin with, is not legitimate debate/discussion.
Slanderous insults are what makes poly what it is
Old February 12, 2004, 17:17   #176
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Coming from behind? That assumes that I was somehow on your side to begin with. No sir, I was not. I had previous state this was BS. Thus, it was already clear that I was opposed to those who would say that this issue was climactic in deflating the rise of Kerry the rigid.
Old February 12, 2004, 17:19   #177
MrFun
Emperor

What I meant by "coming from behind" was that, from out of nowhere, without any insult from me directed to you, you made a slanderous insult about me.
Old February 12, 2004, 17:19   #178
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 11:49
Quote:
Originally posted by SpencerH

Please refresh my memory, where did Bush show any lack of integrity?
Well, the whole boozing and drug addiction thing for one...though I guess finding jesus fixes all that..maybe Kerry has attoned as well? or does that only work for republicans?

The rest of Che's list as well.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old February 12, 2004, 17:19   #179
cinch
Warlord

Local Time: 10:49
Ah, come on Yanks, just relax...

Our Prime Minister was finance minister in a government that gave hundreds of millions of dollars to his own company, and you don't see us getting too uppity about it. What's a little slip o' the salami next to that?
Old February 12, 2004, 17:20   #180
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by The Mad Monk
It depends on who he thinks will actually benefit the most from this. Dean still has the second highest number of delegates, right? What happens if Kerry goes down hard?
Dean is pretty much done, despite 2nd runner up status. His image as wing-nut has been pretty much solidified by the media. With Clark out, it would most likely be Edwards.