Old March 26, 2004, 13:23   #451
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 20:01
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Immerse yourself in "Nexus - The Jupiter Incident", the latest surprise to hit the gaming world! Innovative and groundbreaking, it is a real-time mission-based tactical space game featuring spectacular real time battles and breathtaking motion picture quality. Focus on tactics and action as you control up to a dozen battleships encountering aliens, unknown solar systems and astrophysical phenomena in your struggle to save Earth.

At the dawn of the 22nd century the conquest of space and the colonization of the solar system is being monopolized by several huge and ambitious megacorporations. Although extremely delicate and vulnerable, a balance is maintained by these companies. It has now been 60 years since the terrible catastrophe that befell Noah's Ark, the first colony ship of mankind.
At the very edge of the solar system the companies make a discovery which will shift the technological advantage and upset the balance. And so a new conflict is born: "The Jupiter Incident". You are Marcus Cromwell, a young but already famous captain. With your legendary spaceship Stiletto you find yourself in the middle of the conflict.

"Nexus - The Jupiter Incident" is what we call an RTT: a Real Time Tactics game. It's like nothing you've played before. The strong, elaborate story takes you from mission to mission and allows different approaches. It's up to you which tactics you choose to bring each mission to a good end. A reward system enables you to repair, upgrade and enhance your ships depending on the approach you chose. Mission briefings let you roam through an unbelievably accurate 3D animated star map system.

Are you ready to take on the challenge…?
Old March 26, 2004, 13:35   #452
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
This looks like a pretty neat game, I have to say. Is it released yet?

-Jam
Nope, should be somewhere coming fall. September or october.

Since it is an Hungarian/Dutch cooperative effort, their shouldn't be a problem for purchase in the EU.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 26, 2004, 13:42   #453
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Hungarian/Dutch - I hope it will be on English
Old March 26, 2004, 13:50   #454
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

I would be surprised if it ain't.

I think it will have a lot of voice narrations, perhaps those will be in different languages. English off course, but perhaps german and french as well.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 26, 2004, 14:07   #455
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

I would be interesting if I someone bought version on native language without understanding it.
Old March 26, 2004, 14:17   #456
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by obstructor
I would be interesting if I someone bought version on native language without understanding it.
O, I've more or less done that already. A prior game I bought, Haegemonia, had the voice files of 5-6 languages on it. For betatesting a mod I had to change the language sometimes to german, and off I went. Luckily short verbal german is still somewhat understandable for flemish people, but it was quite hard...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 26, 2004, 16:43   #457
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:01
I'm always playing games in German. The voice acting is often better

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 26, 2004, 16:55   #458
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
I'm always playing games in German. The voice acting is often better

-Jam
... to your ears, no doubt.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 26, 2004, 17:11   #459
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Jamski you live in Germany - you do not count!
Old March 26, 2004, 20:49   #460
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Yes, but its not my mother-tounge so it does count. And I'd rather have my fantasy heros and villain talking in German than in American English. Oh god... the voices in TOEE really hurt me.

-Jam
Old March 26, 2004, 22:54   #461
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:01
Local Date: November 3, 2010
American English is much much better than American Australian.
/me shudders again at the voice-acting in Deus Ex.

Villains sound much more evil speaking German though, although the "Queen's English" accent also fits the evil mould well.
Old March 26, 2004, 23:17   #462
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
American English is much much better than American Australian.
* Skanky Burns shudders again at the voice-acting in Deus Ex.
I think Australian English sounds cool compared to American English.
British English would be cool, but for me there is too much syllable eating at the end of words. Chicks dig it though
Old March 26, 2004, 23:31   #463
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Maybe someone has already played this game:
http://www.universalcombatgame.com/
and can give an oppinion?
Old March 26, 2004, 23:44   #464
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 04:01
hmmm i mioght have to do a list for all the peoiple just in this thread :LOL:
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old March 27, 2004, 09:34   #465
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Villains sound much more evil speaking German though
You've got to hear the funny rural accents and local dialects of the commoners and peasants in the IE games.

"Moin'eh Kloin'eh wertet oif mick"

(Let's see if someone can translate that )

-Jam
Old March 27, 2004, 16:33   #466
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
"Moin'eh Kloin'eh wertet oif mick"

(Let's see if someone can translate that )

-Jam
My little "wertet" of me.

How am I doing?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 27, 2004, 20:58   #467
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

So, is anyone drunk here?

- Paul Valery
Old March 27, 2004, 22:48   #468
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

I've already shown my attempt at translating German.
I would probably do better if I bothered to learn German first. Or perhaps it is Jam's fault for not using words common to Rammstein songs!
Old March 27, 2004, 23:01   #469
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Du hast!

- Paul Valery
Old March 27, 2004, 23:25   #470
Skanky Burns

Spiel Mit Mir

If I went to Germany with my current grasp of the language, though, I figure I would only be able to communicate effectively in an S&M club.
Old March 27, 2004, 23:30   #471
laurentius
King

And after thinking about that for i while i found it not to be such a bad skill at all...S&M=fun

- Paul Valery
Old March 28, 2004, 00:47   #472
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:01
Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder

Koko, you shouldn't be up at this hour, back to bed.
Oops. Mommy forgot to change the avatar back.

Whiskey please. With lots of ice.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 28, 2004, 01:08   #473
laurentius
King

whiskey with ice?

- Paul Valery
Old March 28, 2004, 02:04   #474
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 04:01
sit still whilst i take notes of who is here...
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old March 28, 2004, 03:07   #475
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by laurentius
whiskey with ice?
To water it down of course. I'm only two you know.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 28, 2004, 03:26   #476
Mart
Emperor

I prefer vodka - for it's purity...
Old March 28, 2004, 04:47   #477
Snowflake
Princess

Ok since I'm only two it should be forgivable if the following question sounds naive. But I really don't want to post it in the help forum because my mom will be embarassed.

Question 1. Why can't a cruiser occupy a coastle base?
Question 2. When there is a penetrator on top of a cruiser can it still be destroyed by units without air superiority? How?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 28, 2004, 08:42   #478
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Question 1. Why can't a cruiser occupy a coastle base?
Sea units can only capture sea bases.

Quote:
Question 2. When there is a penetrator on top of a cruiser can it still be destroyed by units without air superiority? How?
Yes. By attacking with long range artillery fire (resulting in an artillery duel) instead of a direct attack.
Old March 28, 2004, 10:07   #479
Jamski
Deity

Eh?

SMAC strategy questions?

/me just wants a Xenobrew *

-Jam
Old March 28, 2004, 12:02   #480
Snowflake
Princess

Thanks dear Function Maniac. So you are one of those ones with something in their head aren't you?

Bartendar, a keg of xenobeer for the kind function please. On my mom's tag.

Grapefruit Garden