Old February 19, 2004, 08:25   #91
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 06:01
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
What are you converted into, MWIA?
A VODKA drinker again!

Who'd have thought NZ could do Vodka... and do it really bloody well!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old February 19, 2004, 11:05   #92
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 20:01
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by t_ras
quoting GeoModder : " 00001001110000100000010100111000101111001100100001
10001000000011111110010101010011110100010010000"

you dont say so!
Free beer for the one who comes closest to the translation

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 19, 2004, 13:31   #93
Ouro_827
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human Hive
Prince

Local Time: 09:01
Are you using normal displacement, or is that with no additives? Personally, I like my water with just a touch of oil!
Old February 20, 2004, 04:28   #94
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:01
Quote:
What do you think we are, giant human-shaped batteries?!?
Sounds like a bad sci-fi movie concept to me
Yes. With clothes made from silver foil and you say "beebeebeebeep!" instead of talking. You have intercourse with vacuum cleaners.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 20, 2004, 04:36   #95
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Oh! OOh! OOOOoooOOOHhhHHH!!!!!
Old February 20, 2004, 10:01   #96
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski

Yes. With clothes made from silver foil and you say "beebeebeebeep!" instead of talking. You have intercourse with vacuum cleaners.

-Jam
It's really a bad generalization only. True only in some cases, and in fact after new trend in CyCon fashion emerged silver foil can be only found in museum. "beebeep" is nowadays considered as old-fashioned dialect and can no longer be heard on any of the wonderful CyCon Com Channels..... vacuum cleaners?????? Maybe Hive still uses such obsolete equipment....
One more beer, please
Old February 20, 2004, 10:34   #97
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by mart7x5
It's really a bad generalization only. True only in some cases, and in fact after new trend in CyCon fashion emerged silver foil can be only found in museum. "beebeep" is nowadays considered as old-fashioned dialect and can no longer be heard on any of the wonderful CyCon Com Channels..... vacuum cleaners?????? Maybe Hive still uses such obsolete equipment....
One more beer, please
Way to talk, Mart.

It still surprises that so many Cyborgs are capable of retorting Jamski's 'accusations', while he's the only Hiverian trying to cause trouble in such a blatant way.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 20, 2004, 10:39   #98
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 19:01
Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
Way to talk, Mart.
It still surprises that so many Cyborgs are capable of retorting Jamski's 'accusations', while he's the only Hiverian trying to cause trouble in such a blatant way.
That´s just because of Tass losing Hive citizenship by becoming god and Enigma_Nova´s departure.
Old February 20, 2004, 14:50   #99
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

~*Hic*~ I'm know I'm not drunk! ~*Hic*~ But what I do know is, ~*Hic*~ your a pretty fine looking...

Old February 20, 2004, 14:52   #100
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

/me drinks Ouros blood

This is great Ouro. BTW I thought I was the only vampire on Unity? When did you become one?
And does this have anything to do with the hole in my memory about the time eigth floor was being closed (that Hiverian blood )
Old February 20, 2004, 15:07   #101
Ouro_827
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human Hive
Prince

Local Time: 09:01
Glad you like it! I don't think it has anything to do with any memory problems on the eighth floor..... although who knows what may happen to a drunk man.... My blood drinking habits started back in the day when they had a few too many humans around on......

Last edited by Ouro_827; February 20, 2004 at 15:15.
Old February 20, 2004, 18:05   #102
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Micha

That´s just because of Tass losing Hive citizenship by becoming god and Enigma_Nova´s departure.
Hmm, only one to go thus and we're all good buddies again

Pact II, here we come...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 20, 2004, 18:10   #103
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Him as a god?
Old February 20, 2004, 19:40   #104
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 15:01
Is it just me, or have i got no civgroup icons?
Old February 20, 2004, 19:41   #105
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

oh, there they are. That was weird. Everyone had their icons _except_ me
Old February 20, 2004, 19:59   #106
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

You still don´t have any... at least for me...
Poly must have caught a virus, maybe a CyCon Malfunction?
Old February 20, 2004, 20:22   #107
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:01
Method has icons to me. Sometimes Poly doesn't show icons for some people but not others. I suspect it is related to server load-reduction, but it is puzzling when it happens to you but everyone else seems fine. :shrug:
Old February 20, 2004, 20:33   #108
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Method has icons to me. Sometimes Poly doesn't show icons for some people but not others. I suspect it is related to server load-reduction, but it is puzzling when it happens to you but everyone else seems fine. :shrug:
Well, at the moment it's you not having icons

/me checks some datalinks.

OMT!!! We're under attack!!? A virus disabling our graphics!?? Quick, anti-viral routines must be released before our defence screenresolution degrades to a level were other factions can walk unnoticed under our scandevices.

O Tass, If there ever was a time we needed Your space-time continuum trick, then it is now. Help us, I beg you

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 20, 2004, 20:54   #109
Method
Emperor

pfft. like we need Tassadar. A little Xenobrew™ will fix whatever problems you've got
Old February 21, 2004, 00:08   #110
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Or make it so you can't see any icons. Still, problem solved.
Old February 21, 2004, 00:32   #111
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by Method
pfft. like we need Tassadar. A little Xenobrew™ will fix whatever problems you've got
~*Hic*~
Old February 21, 2004, 01:01   #112
Method
Emperor

Quote:
Or make it so you can't see any icons. Still, problem solved.
that's just server-load reduction...So no need to file any lawsuits against Xenobrew™ Inc...
Old February 21, 2004, 02:56   #113
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 12:01
Quote:
Originally posted by Method

that's just server-load reduction...So no need to file any lawsuits against Xenobrew™ Inc...
Awww, come on. Can I just file one little lawsuit, please?
Old February 21, 2004, 06:44   #114
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
Awww, come on. Can I just file one little lawsuit, please?
/me checks...

No, you're from the Hive, those don't need (or even have) lawyers, so you can't file one.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 21, 2004, 06:53   #115
GeoModder
Deity

Deleted by GeoModder due to logout server happenings.

No need to be suspicious, GT

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Last edited by GeoModder; February 21, 2004 at 07:03.
Old February 21, 2004, 06:54   #116
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Hmmm, a double post with the two components 9 minutes apart...

/me is suspicious.
Old February 21, 2004, 09:12   #117
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Quote:
The rec commons have really lowered in quality

Drogue, you need a bouncer.
We have a bouncer...

/me points towards the Gorilla...

Sadly it seems to have no effect

Quote:
Well, people actually used to respond to each others posts and have a chat about stuff, back in the day...
Very true. Now it moves much faster, and consists almost entirely of spam.

If you want to spam, please disguise it as roleplaying, or chatting.

I've been gone for a few days (party, of the long variety ) and the place moves 3 pages forward. Well worth it though. However, due to my sloppyness and feelings of great joy, drinks for everyone

/me grabs big pitchers of Xenobrew and spreads them around the bar. Bottles of Sargassian Wine, bourbon and blood (served at the correct 94 degrees fahrenheit) quickly follow..

Enjoy

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old February 21, 2004, 09:58   #118
Micha
King

/me grabs four of the big pitchers drogue spread around
Thanks, really!

/me starts dancing the Yangba (a modification of the old Samba dance)
Old February 21, 2004, 12:53   #119
GeoModder
Deity

/me serves himself a few bottles of Sargassian Wine, brings his band in and sets the tune:

/me thinks: 'interesting, Yang let them dance on him'

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 21, 2004, 14:14   #120
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

/me orders some Iced Blood.