Old July 13, 2004, 18:42   #121
Mr. Harley
Prince

Local Time: 14:02
Local Date: November 2, 2010
binTravkin, thanks for the update.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Mr. Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18, 2004, 11:59   #122
Net Warrior
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 13:02
BUMPED

....and hoping for a move
Net Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2004, 11:54   #123
Net Warrior
King

Does anyone know if Walek has returned and intends to continue the game? Maybe it's time to look for a replacement?
Old July 26, 2004, 07:23   #124
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 21:02
Quote:
Does anyone know if Walek has returned and intends to continue the game? Maybe it's time to look for a replacement?
Nope, nothing has been heard from Walek for ~3 weeks..
Seems he got lost in the jungle of Lithuania or huge plains of Belarus..
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
binTravkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2004, 09:40   #125
phsycho
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 19:02
it's summer .... i think we should give him some more time
phsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31, 2004, 21:09   #126
Mr. Harley
Prince

For me to say anything would be like living in a glass house while wielding a nuclear grenade. I agree on giving him some more time, but I will defer in this area to my fellow players.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old August 2, 2004, 16:32   #127
Mr. Harley
Prince

Walek is back in the Hobbesian Quadrilateral. I just pm'd him, so hopefully we will be up and running soon.
Old August 5, 2004, 06:53   #128
Walek
Prince

Sory for delay but in summer time i often go somwere and have't got enough time to do turns. 2116 to Univ
Walek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2004, 12:14   #129
Mr. Harley
Prince

2116 to Morgan - I stayed up to play (I work graveyard shifts 10PM-6am). Luckily these turns are still easy. Walek, happy to have you back.
Old August 5, 2004, 20:25   #130
phsycho
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Warlord

2116 to binTravkin
Old August 6, 2004, 03:06   #131
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Hey NetWarrior prepare for battle!
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Old August 6, 2004, 17:54   #132
Net Warrior
King

2117 to Hive
Old August 7, 2004, 06:31   #133
Walek
Prince

2117 to Univ
Old August 7, 2004, 13:51   #134
Mr. Harley
Prince

2117 to Morgan - my calculated risk I've been playing in several of my games just bit me.

University Net - Dateline 2117.

Defence personel have been highly critical of the administrations decision to put all of our effort into Terraforming and Colonization. Now their warnings have turned out to be correct.

Native Lifeforms have been spotted outside the new base nexus, and a brave terraforming crew has rushed to defend the perimeter, facing certain destruction. A defense unit has been hastily assembled, diverting important monetary and material resources from other production.

Colonel Yeltsin of the defense forces has pointed out that not only did he warn them, but the loss of the experienced terraforming crew and the resources spent rushing the defense unit to completion were totally unnecessary.

In an interview, Colonel Yeltsin stated, "The proper allocation of resources to a strong defense would have precluded this emergency. The next time civiilian authorities short settlement defenses, you need to ask yourself is it safe, and will it really speed up settlement of the planet in the long run."
Old August 7, 2004, 16:52   #135
phsycho
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Warlord

2117 to Peacekeepers
Old August 7, 2004, 16:56   #136
phsycho
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Warlord

Clean your inbox

Last edited by phsycho; August 9, 2004 at 13:04.
Old August 7, 2004, 16:57   #137
phsycho
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Warlord

save game attachement

Last edited by phsycho; August 9, 2004 at 13:03.
Old August 9, 2004, 04:58   #138
binTravkin
Emperor

ok, ok will do!

Downloaded the turn, will pass on ASAP
Old August 9, 2004, 12:47   #139
binTravkin
Emperor

passed on!
Old August 11, 2004, 06:36   #140
Net Warrior
King

turn to Hive
Old August 11, 2004, 09:41   #141
Walek
Prince

2118 to Univ. I am absent till 21.08. Se yea.
Old August 12, 2004, 08:29   #142
Mr. Harley
Prince

Turn to Morgan.
Old August 12, 2004, 11:10   #143
Mr. Harley
Prince

University Net - Dateline 2118

Director Lysenko of the terraforming corps reported that the heroic crew of a terraforming crew successfully defended the newest settlement from the mind-numbing attack of the local lifeforms.

"This proves that we do not need to allocate resources like Colonel Yeltsin proposes. While our crew did take substantial casualties, they were back building the connector road within less than a year. The rushed ad-hoc defense unit now sits around doing nothing except eating and drinking, while the terraforming corps does all the difficult work.

With two terraforming crew working from settlement number 2, we shall be able to both continue work on the connector road and plant the first modified forest designed to grow on this world. Hopefully the crews shall reach the nutrient resources revealed by the survey team, turning them into a genuine contribution to the settlement of Alpha Centauri."

===============================================

Are you lonely? Tired after a hard day buidling a new road, or trying to make that legacy software work? Come to the borehole, the newest entertainment on planet. Meet members of the opposite sex, or the same sex, that share you interests for a relaxing night out. Try the new "pink worm" , our signatuire drink. mixing alchohol and the newest substances to come out of the research labs. "It will have you seeing things you've never seen before." Said one satisfied patron, "After two pink worms, they all look sexy."
Old August 12, 2004, 14:18   #144
phsycho
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Warlord

2118 to pk
Old August 13, 2004, 07:05   #145
binTravkin
Emperor

Quote:
"After two pink worms, they all look sexy."
I bet they do!
Old August 16, 2004, 13:20   #146
binTravkin
Emperor

Hey, Psycho haven't you drunk two pink worms?

You sent me your turn!
Please send mine!
Old August 16, 2004, 15:06   #147
phsycho
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Warlord

0O0O0PS
Old August 17, 2004, 04:58   #148
binTravkin
Emperor

EDIT: deleted
Old August 17, 2004, 04:59   #149
binTravkin
Emperor

Quote:
0O0O0PS
Old August 17, 2004, 12:00   #150
binTravkin
Emperor

aok, turn sent