Old February 20, 2004, 11:03   #1
patrol
Settler

Local Time: 18:12
Local Date: November 2, 2010
video problems
I have civ 3 gold edition and have never had any problems playing it untill i recently bought a new video card for my pc.I had a tnt 2 and now have a 64 meg geforce 4.the game plays the intro and then the screen goes black.can hear the music but cant see a thing.
I emailed Atari but they havent got back to me.If anyone can help i would appreciate it.I am suffering withdrawal systems!!I need to play the game!!! lol
patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2004, 07:17   #2
eusouazul
Settler

err freakishly i also have the very same problem... intro plays fine then screen goes blank as it goes to the menu..only get sound.

Using Abit Siluro Gf3 Ti200DVI on XP. Pretty sure i have the most up to date driver for it... However i suspect its not to do with the GPU as i installed my old video card and had just as much joy...

So...looks like i will be suffering the withdrawl symptoms also... Hang in there patrol!
eusouazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2004, 10:50   #3
TK-421
Settler

At least you guys get sound. All I get is the intro, black screen, return to desktop, black screen again, and then get kicked out to the desktop. I'musing a Radeon 9000 card and I've jumped through all the hoops on Atari's tech support website but still nada I fired of a request for help and I'm now waiting somewhat less than patiently for a reply. I haven't even gotten one of those automated replies from them yet,

If there is anyone out there who has had these problems please help us!! It seems that Atari lost interest in the customers as soon as they got our money.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2004, 07:58   #4
patrol
Settler

I finally got a response from Atari and they tld me o get a new driver for my monitor.there is no driver for my monitor and considering that I had no problems with my old video card wouldnt you assume that the problems are in the video card setup and not the monitor that used to work fine with old video card.Oh well I'll email them again and hope I dont get the same response
Old March 5, 2004, 07:36   #5
patrol
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by eusouazul
err freakishly i also have the very same problem... intro plays fine then screen goes blank as it goes to the menu..only get sound.

Using Abit Siluro Gf3 Ti200DVI on XP. Pretty sure i have the most up to date driver for it... However i suspect its not to do with the GPU as i installed my old video card and had just as much joy...

So...looks like i will be suffering the withdrawl symptoms also... Hang in there patrol!
Old March 5, 2004, 07:42   #6
patrol
Settler

video problem fixed
Finally fixed the problem with no help from Atari.
The way to get the game working is to do a right click on an empty spot on your desktop then click properties,settings,advanced,adapter,properties and then down bottom of page disable device.Need to restart pc and then game will run.Only annoying part is you then have to reinstall video card if you need it for other games.But this does fix the problem.Happy conquering!
Old March 5, 2004, 15:10   #7
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 14:12
I really hate the knee jerk reaction to get new drivers. This shows lazyness. I understand getting a base line, but Civ is not a state of the art grahpics intense game. The handed me that crap at the time I had a 9800 PRO that was brand new. IOW no new drivers were possible.

I resolved the problem, with the same video card and drivers. It was the motherboard.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote