MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 20:13
Local Date: November 2, 2010
since you didnt update your profile...
Old February 22, 2004, 12:35   #32
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:13
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Theben
I STILL say it needs a fork and knife... if not for the mafia games alone...
Technical limitations, I'm afraid.
Old February 23, 2004, 16:42   #33
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 12:13
Generally people know though, because the only time I've heard of the alert icon being used it's been somebody whining and saying they'll use it... now if they actually used it or not is a different matter completely though.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old February 24, 2004, 04:09   #34
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 06:13
Thanks Mark and everyone else involved, will make requests for modship changes faster, with a bit of luck

Whilst there seem to be the odd improvement being made to the system (this Admin contact form, new and improved Upload section), is there any thought being given to make the search function any more reliable? At present it doesn't search private forums that one has access to, and it doesn't even seem all that good at searching in the open access ones! For example, search for your own nick and you will see that very few, if any, results come up. Searching for 'MrWhereItsAt' seems to return nothing, whereas I could pinpoint a thread or two from memory.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old February 24, 2004, 10:22   #35
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 20:13
if you want your own posts, you can search for posts by specific usernames by filling the related field in the search form
Old February 24, 2004, 21:33   #36
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 06:13
I meant searching for a word in posts made by indeterminate others.

It sometimes helps to search for posts that have my username or abbreviation 'MWIA' to find out where questions are being addressed to me. If for example I suspected Arnelos was going to be saying my name a lot I could just look at all of his posts by using the "find all posts by this user" function, but if I did that then I would miss any posts by NuclearWinter which he addressed to "MWIA".

This is something, as far as I am aware, can only be done by searching for a particular word/nick in all posts from all open threads. That doesn't seem to work too well right now.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!