Old May 1, 2004, 01:29   #211
Sovereign
Prince

Local Time: 13:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I just remembered Never Ending Chiron.

I called Garland Crater there as well, and somehow I posted up a pic of my bases there. I think I had 6 or 7 bases set down on the Crater map.

Mellian, use my NEC map as my base placement for this new story / semi-PBEM. I dunno where the thread is. Probably Archived or something.
Old May 6, 2004, 13:03   #212
Hydro
ACDG3 GaiansApolyton Storywriters' GuildSporePolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 18:17
Hi all,

I’m coming out of semi-retirement and read through the thread. I may be interested in participating, but my main concern is ‘realism’ wrt SMAC/X. I know that when I was involved with Spartan Chronicles there were extensive discussions of lots of mundane issues (how does time/chronology work? What is an ‘army’? How does combat work?). For those discussions I was always the stick-in-the-mud that tried to shoot down ideas that violated physical laws, or strayed too far from SMAC. I did not always succeed.

Also important is the back story – in other words, what happened BEFORE the cooperative story started? This needs to be given serious thought since it gives significant flavor to the game.

I’ll also have to review this thread a bit more to see if I understand the setup. My initial impression is that there are too many factions, especially if there aren’t that many authors to sponsor them. Or, is the idea that authors will trade hats and write for many factions? I wrote extensively for Morgan, Gaia, Sparta, Hive, and the Progenitors in SC.

I’m also not clear on how conflict is resolved. If (for instance) the Hive attacks the Drones, who decides who wins? Is there a mud wrestling match? A neutral adjudicator/game master?

Anyway, I really enjoyed writing for the Conqueror Marr of the Progenitors. Conqueror Zzar may be able to make a comeback…

Hydro
Hydro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2004, 15:30   #213
Sovereign
Prince

Whoa...

I'd love to have Conqueror Zzar and Marr back. They were really kick-ass characters in SC.

I'd be more than happy to have you join, Hydro, if you decide to become an author in this story.
Old May 7, 2004, 19:49   #214
Sovereign
Prince

Dammit. Is this story already dead?

It has been 2 weeks since I've heard from anyone other than Hydro.

Mellian, Obstructor and the others disappeared in thin air, apparently.

(sigh)

We need to get moving, if at least have some more dialog in here.
Old May 8, 2004, 14:28   #215
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 20:17
I ahven`t dissapeared, I am busy with finals, and this will last for a week or two.
Old May 11, 2004, 11:48   #216
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

i haven't dissapeared, just not able to do much at the moment due to school, me not spending as much time at home as i did when i first thought of starting this and etc :/

also, if you want the story to start asap, can go on without me if you people like.

-mellian
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 16:16   #217
Sovereign
Prince

I forgot the title of this story.

New Chiron? or something like that?

I thought Neverending Chiron was a nice title.
Old May 11, 2004, 17:05   #218
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Old May 12, 2004, 10:06   #219
Mellian
Queen

we can re-use the title of Never Ending Chiron, as it has not been really used

that or thought maybe the story can be called World of Chiron.

-mellian
Old May 12, 2004, 10:17   #220
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Chiron's Little Mishaps'

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
GeoModder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10, 2004, 13:36   #221
Sovereign
Prince

Hmm... I guess this story thing isn't going anywhere.

Nobody has posted in here in over a month, so I think people lost interest in participating.

Should we forget this story thing? Or should we keep trying?
Old June 10, 2004, 13:38   #222
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

We are waiting for setup to be be finished.
Old June 11, 2004, 02:48   #223
Sovereign
Prince

At least Obstructor is around.

I wonder what about the others like Martx, Mellian, etc.
Old June 11, 2004, 11:29   #224
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Finals, exams, vacations?
Old June 12, 2004, 10:23   #225
Sovereign
Prince

For more than 1 month?

I haven't heard of a non-school vacation lasting more than 2 weeks max. and there aren't final exams that go on for a month.

I guess what I'm saying is that it only takes a minute to reply and let everybody know that the person is "alive and well".

I apologize if I came across brash, but I was looking forward to this story thing, then it seems to flop, like Neverending Chiron (Mellian's other story from last year).
Old June 12, 2004, 10:23   #226
Sovereign
Prince

For more than 1 month?

I haven't heard of a non-school vacation lasting more than 2 weeks max. and there aren't final exams that go on for a month.

I guess what I'm saying is that it only takes a minute to reply and let everybody know that the person is "alive and well".

I apologize if I came across brash, but I was looking forward to this story thing, then it seems to flop, like Neverending Chiron (Mellian's other story from last year).
Old June 12, 2004, 10:31   #227
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 05:17
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Well, I'm still very much alive, and I'd quite like to participate in this story if it gets off the ground... however, I don't really have a lot of energy at the moment.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2004, 10:37   #228
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Bloody Poly! I am making doubleposts whole day

Last edited by Illuminatus; June 12, 2004 at 10:57.
Illuminatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2004, 10:49   #229
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovereign
and there aren't final exams that go on for a month.
Here they last for a month and half. And this is without entry exams for college.
Old June 21, 2004, 14:09   #230
Mellian
Queen

i am alive, just distracted with school, having a relationship where i spend most of my non-school time at her place, being one of the first aiders at car accident on a highway where one of the two people injured didn't survive and then having to deal with the reality check, having to deal with nonsense politics in a community i am part of, having trouble and being behind with some school work still, being distracted by other fiction ideas in my head, and etc....

as to when i'll ever get around to finish the setup and just start the story? i don't know......

-mellian