Old February 24, 2004, 13:41   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 12:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
So...
So....

What's up? What version are you guys playing, how far into the game is it? Better to wait around for the next game, perhaps?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old February 24, 2004, 13:46   #2
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 20:22
SMAX, Mission year 2157. No need to wait, interesting things are just happening. My team has unified with another, PEACE team is almost destroyed (by us, ofcourse). CPU (that are Cybernetic Consciousness and Planet University of Technology) will gladly accept any new members. Just join us if you want.
Old February 24, 2004, 13:52   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Ah.

Don't have the expansion.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old February 24, 2004, 14:21   #4
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Hmm, I believe that you could still open our turn saves and keep in track, although you couldn`t probably understand some new concepts. But you can still join us
Old February 24, 2004, 14:33   #5
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 18:22
Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
u cant open a SMAX turnsave with SMAC, but he can still join for the RP fun, the long and violent passionate arguements, and the general fun of SMAC-X
Old February 24, 2004, 15:04   #6
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

I read that somewhere in forums, seems to be false at the end. But you can still join us .
Old February 24, 2004, 18:26   #7
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

The arguments have been largely replaced by diplomacy in this one. More intricate, less defined, more unpredictable. A lot of fun

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old February 24, 2004, 20:38   #8
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Local Time: 11:22
Of course, you guys forgot (some how) to mention the best team for everyone: THE HIVE! Why you ask? Oh, I dunno. Can someone remind us of the current SP count?
and then refusing to decide
Old February 24, 2004, 21:08   #9
Ouro_827
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human Hive
Prince

Local Time: 09:22
The hive is silly.... plus, they're run by an old masochistic male dictator.... we at CPU, on the other hand, are doing much better, and we are a lot cooler! Look at the smac website... do you want to be a drone, or do you want to be part of a communal living without losing individuality? Join CPU!
Old February 24, 2004, 21:36   #10
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 13:22
No, he wants to join us Pirates and drink loads of xenorum!
Old February 24, 2004, 21:36   #11
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 06:22
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Hello Uno! I have been getting by without opening a save for weeks due to all my travels. As long as all the turnplayers keep posting their screenshots then it's not too hard to get into discussions.

Stick around and watch the spam....

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old February 24, 2004, 21:50   #12
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 04:22
Just a few things I would like to point out.

1. Hive isn't currently being run by a male. The stereotypes for the game factions aren't the same as the ACDG factions. From what I observed the way the factions are run follow what the leading 2 or 3 people in the faction want. Any similarity with the game ideology in any faction is just a thin veneer of roleplay.

2. To the Hive team I would like to point out someone changed the name of the Hive leader. I have a feeling nobody in the Hive has noticed yet. That probably ought to be fixed.

3. People should realise that when there is a large imbalance in the part of game the game becomes less fun. From what I can see the cycon is mainly just talking to itself now, because their recuiting has been so successful there's barely anyone else interested in talking in any other faction. Not that it really matters since none of the other factions care much about roleplay anymore.

Don't Read Following.
Spoiler:
Just some private musing. You know thinking of all those members joining and all bases gathered. There must be some serious super B-drones now.
Old February 24, 2004, 22:05   #13
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Kody's right - We're now lead by 'Turnplayer Enigma' rather than 'Chairman Voltiare.' Of course, I would prefer 'Master Spammer and Fat Useless Guy Octavian'...
Old February 25, 2004, 01:15   #14
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Ah-nevermind, I see
Old February 25, 2004, 08:43   #15
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Originally posted by Kody
From what I can see the cycon is mainly just talking to itself now, because their recuiting has been so successful there's barely anyone else interested in talking in any other faction.
Besides a succesful recruiting by us, there is also the simple fact there are no alternative factions to join. PUT has merged with CyCon into CPU, the Drones is on another site with buster doing about everything, so is my impression, and PEACE isn't exactly a thriving faction any longer. So the only two factions that can be joined are Hive or CPU, and thus there aren't many other factions to talk to.
Old February 25, 2004, 09:56   #16
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Quote:
Any similarity with the game ideology in any faction is just a thin veneer of roleplay.
Or a thick veneer, in our case. Roleplay is still pretty big among the CyCon. We still strive to be logical, to remove our emotional foibles, and to do what is best for the CyCon as a whole.

Quote:
3. People should realise that when there is a large imbalance in the part of game the game becomes less fun. From what I can see the cycon is mainly just talking to itself now, because their recuiting has been so successful there's barely anyone else interested in talking in any other faction. Not that it really matters since none of the other factions care much about roleplay anymore.
The Hive still has almost as many members. And there isn't really anyone else to talk to here, for reasons as Maniac has said. We are a thriving community, but in numbers it's not unbalanced, as the Hive was earlier. Also, the Hive purged many of it's 0 postcount people. The CyCon hasn't.

Old February 25, 2004, 11:48   #17
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Also, the Hive purged many of it's 0 postcount people. The CyCon hasn't.
We did remove 3 people IIRC. Though that's of course much less than the Hive who removed 15 or so.
Old February 25, 2004, 11:50   #18
Drogue
staff

Ah yes, Tass asked me about that. But still not in the same league as the Hive.

Old February 25, 2004, 15:47   #19
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I would like to join the Cybernetic Consciousness then, so that MrWIA can nurse me along and help me with the understanding of what's up.

ooo, looks like I can pester Tass in there too!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old February 25, 2004, 16:09   #20
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

We still have a guy with only 9 posts, that not 0 but I think its close enough to warent a boot, Orthodox can use the memory and processor cycles that will free up
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old February 25, 2004, 16:43   #21
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

We do not have need to free up memory and processor cycles - we have enough of thema lready. Just join UnOrthOdOx.
Old February 25, 2004, 17:04   #22
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:22
Alright, that's it.

My Top 10 Reasons to join the Human Hive:

10. OctavianX invited me more than once (not a big reason, but hey).
9. I was on the Firaxis forums before probably most of you knew SMAC existed, but it's been a while since I played a game (a LONG while) and I could use some brushing up.
8. I'm already in too many demogames, but they're moving slowly right now.
7. I've been posting in your forum enough to at least want to lurk in one of the faction's internal forum.
6. I've been friggin' recruiting for you guys anyhow.
5. I hate the Cybernetic Consciousness
4. The Hive sure isn't my favorite faction, but at least they're not the Cybernetic Consciousness.
3. While the Hive isn't my favorite faction, the character Chairman Yang does rock. (though I seem to note that you have a different character for this game)
2. OctavianX told me that you guys have Pravda. That alone could have sold me on joining such a faction... I love writing stuff like that.

And the number one reason I've chosen to join the Human Hive is.....

1. UnOrthOdOx joined the other team!!!

Last edited by Arnelos; February 25, 2004 at 17:11.
Old February 25, 2004, 18:28   #23
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

HA!

Damn, now that Arny has joined the competition, someone better damn well authorize me so I can get to work getting a handle on the game and working towards making that Pravda crap look like the uninformed second-rate publication it is.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old February 25, 2004, 18:38   #24
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 08:22
Whoot Whoot!

I usually stick in the Hive forum, the rest of the threads in the Main DG forum are just spam and nonsense.

(except Pravda, of course)
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old February 25, 2004, 18:52   #25
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Damn, now that Arny has joined the competition, someone better damn well authorize me so I can get to work getting a handle on the game and working towards making that Pravda crap look like the uninformed second-rate publication it is.
I'd advise to send a PM to Drogue.
Welcome in the Consciousness.
Old February 25, 2004, 18:58   #26
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

And, as far as I can see, the Hive is slower in authorizing new members as well.

I already see UnOrthOdOx in our member list, whereas the Hive still has 24 members.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 25, 2004, 19:04   #27
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 04:22
Last I heard none of the Hive members had the ability to authorise anyone. The cycon inserted a virus into the forum software so one of the admin has to do all the authorisation for the Hive.

PS: Actually it's just a stuff up with the software that hasn't been explained or fixed.
Old February 25, 2004, 19:05   #28
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
I'd advise to send a PM to Drogue.
Welcome in the Consciousness.
No need, he's been authorised

Welcome UnOrthOdOx Enjoy your stay. As is common, I'm sure someone's already bumped the welcome thread. If you have questions, ask them their or PM one of us, and we'd be happy to help

Old February 25, 2004, 19:15   #29
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

/me rushes to see if he can still bump the welcome thread...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 25, 2004, 19:20   #30
Drogue
staff

Already did