Old February 25, 2004, 20:10   #31
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 20:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Already did
Check the times, I think only your 'mod' powers and my fine tuning (editing) gave you the opportunity to post first. Because when I entered that thread, your post was still not there.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 25, 2004, 23:12   #32
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:22
* Arnelos demands to be admitted to the Hive forum!
Old February 25, 2004, 23:16   #33
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 04:22
Local Date: November 3, 2010
You need to PM Ming, as far as I know nobody else is able to do it.
Old February 25, 2004, 23:23   #34
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 18:22
Before you may even be approved into the Hive forums, you have to pledge your eternal devoiton to me
Old February 26, 2004, 04:14   #35
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Alrighty, I've PMed Ming.
Old February 26, 2004, 06:05   #36
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
Check the times, I think only your 'mod' powers and my fine tuning (editing) gave you the opportunity to post first. Because when I entered that thread, your post was still not there.
Yes, because I posted between the time you entered the thread, and the time you actually posted. Surely that's happened to you before? I cannot edit times of posting. However if you bumped it first, I could remove the post and move it somewhere else

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old February 26, 2004, 06:20   #37
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 06:22
/me is ecstatic (we haven't lost ALL emotions)

You can have the next LAN port along from me, UnO. Welcome! You will find your choice both logical and rewarding.

Arn - perpare for your lifetime of servitude. I hope you find fulfilment in your working towards the good of others. That is, before we assimilate you.

rEsIstAnz Is UzlEss

yOU wIll bE lIkE Us

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old February 26, 2004, 06:35   #38
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
I hope you find fulfilment in your working towards the good of others. That is, before we assimilate you.
And then he will continue working towards the good of others. Us

Old February 26, 2004, 16:38   #39
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 12:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Alrighty, I've PMed Ming.

Glad to know I joined a team that is at least efficient enough to handle such a simple task as admitting a member on it's own.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old February 27, 2004, 12:14   #40
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Wow I didn't know that we are fighting in this many fronts.

Congratulations on the CCs for getting many members. Whereas we the Hive are simply proud of the amount of quality members we have.

And thanks Kody for helping the new members who are interested in joining. I haven't been doing a good job in reading all threads. Sorry Arnelos and Welcome!

Spoiler:

ps. Well now you may have already known that you can laugh at the others who didn't make the right decisions.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 28, 2004, 00:01   #41
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

I wonder when the Hive member access problems will be fixed. It's been more than 3 months now hasn't it?
Old March 7, 2004, 23:56   #42
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
Kody's right - We're now lead by 'Turnplayer Enigma' rather than 'Chairman Voltiare.' Of course, I would prefer 'Master Spammer and Fat Useless Guy Octavian'...
It felt a bit abnormal when the game kept prompting me as Chairman Voltaire.
I figure you guys changed that next turn into Turnplayer HongHu, right?
Old March 8, 2004, 00:20   #43
Drogue
staff

Our's was always changed with the Prime Function. Seemed logical.

Old March 9, 2004, 05:14   #44
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Congratulations on the CCs for getting many members. Whereas we the Hive are simply proud of the amount of quality members we have.
/me laughs
HongHu fights with compassion, Voltaire can't fight, Jamski's persecuted, Kody left, I left...
Yeah, well done.
Who in The Hive is ready, willing and able to make a serious fight?
You even annoyed me, because I picked fights with Hive members. Firing your most eager fighter because he's too eager?

WD Hive. Hope the Drones betray your ass.
Old March 9, 2004, 05:35   #45
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
* Enigma_Nova laughs
HongHu fights with compassion, Voltaire can't fight, Jamski's persecuted, Kody left, I left...
Yeah, well done.
Who in The Hive is ready, willing and able to make a serious fight?
You even annoyed me, because I picked fights with Hive members. Firing your most eager fighter because he's too eager?

WD Hive. Hope the Drones betray your ass.
Wow...

I'm brand new to the team and know little of its history or what anyone might have done to you, but if that's your attitude, good riddance. I certainly don't see anything deserving of that attitude in the forum since I arrived.

It's great to win and I hope the team does well, but having that attitude around isn't something likely to make the game fun by any stretch of the imagination.
Old March 9, 2004, 05:55   #46
Kody
Emperor

Nah Enigma was okay. Once you realise he openly says whatever is on his mind and not take it too seriously then you'll get along fine.
Old March 9, 2004, 08:33   #47
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:22
I can't see that level of hostility as being "fun", but then I haven't read much of his posts. This may be due to the fact he would have posted predominantly in the Hive private forums, so I guess I'll have to take your word for it.
Old March 9, 2004, 12:18   #48
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Enigma_Nova

It felt a bit abnormal when the game kept prompting me as Chairman Voltaire.
I figure you guys changed that next turn into Turnplayer HongHu, right?
heh, No I haven't done that Enigma. I would like to say that I'm keeping your name because I miss you and want everybody to remember your contribution. But the truth is that I don't know how to change it.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 9, 2004, 12:23   #49
Snowflake
Princess

Enigma is right that we learn in this game. We learn many things. Gaming skills are one. The other is that we learn that people are different. How to get everybody to work together is sometimes not very easy. I'm still learning as of today.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 10, 2004, 01:54   #50
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
but if that's your attitude, good riddance.
I'm easily hurt when I feel underappreciated or stifled.
As Kody said, I will always express dissatisfaction or resent.
I'm also quite serious, and combattive.

---Here's my background ~again~---
I was a genius child treated like a common idiot. My parents (whom I resent) tried to force ideas, actions and even feelings on the presumption that they knew better than I did.
After discussing the matter to myself, I decided that I would fight for what I believed, what I felt, and who I was.
Freedom of original thought was, to me, more important than my parents' respect.
So, in effect I set myself up as a prosecuted yet innocent individual, fighting for correct beliefs in an incorrect world.

The effects were obvious:
I came into conflict with pretty much everyone, parents / peers / society.
Of course, I saw it as 'top important' to fight, and so became intense, serious, and deliberate.
A combination of pro-logic character, and conflict with pretty much everyone, I did not have much sense of happiness, and pursuit of enjoyment merely got in the way.
Having only myself to rely upon, I became Egocentric, Anarchistic and Distrusting.

Further hardships would give 3 effects:
If I had conquered it, then I would become more confident.
If I had failed to conquer it, I would become more resentful.
If I was busy fighting it, I would become more focused.
Having many victories, and a few defeats,
I developed a sort of Arrogance, considering myself as the only being ready, willing and able to fix what bothered me.
Being egocentric, I described what bothered me would -always- be good to solve/fix, and started calling these things 'problems'.

Developing obcession with problem-solving, it became the focus of my efforts.
My tasks were about either problem-solving directly, or gaining tools/skills needed to solve problems.
Being this task-centred, I often saw 'problems' in others, and indeed saw the human species as both a riddle to understand, and a problem to solve.
Such was born the attitude, "I am the only one ready, willing and able to solve the human species."

My point in the ACDG was, of course, to gain interpersonal skills required to gain support to solve an unrelated problem.
It was also a test of my skills, designed to isolate weaknesses and fix them.
------

See the obvious personality conflict with The Human Hive?
Exactly. A difference in what we felt, what we believed and how we reacted led to much discomfort for both parties.
In the end, I became so annoyed I could not focus on my task, and left.

I don't see it as a result of any negative aspects of myself or The Human Hive (for in my mind personality traits are neither negative nor positive), but as a conflict of personality.

Quote:
I certainly don't see anything deserving of that attitude in the forum since I arrived.
Me posting an idea and the idea being disapproved because it was against common 'rule' or common presumption.
Me being seen as a negative person when I stick up for what I believe.
Me being subconsciously blocked by members of my team due to their indesire or inability to work with a different type of person.

In short, the undervaluing of who I am, what I work for or what I want/need.
That causes annoyance in everyone.
A reason it causes more annoyance in me is because being highly different, people have no clue how to value me.

Due to a lack of ability to empathise, The Hive seeked first to attack - leading of course to my resistance, and The Hive pushing their own implied agenda with all the ferocity and unawareness of The Believers.
In this battle, only HongHu and myself saw what was going on.
The rest of the people attacked like the Guard dogs of their territory they were engineered to be.

Long story short, By no will or fault of The Hive, The Hive ousted me. I forgive them because they know not what they do, but I am still frustrated because they have learned little, and I have failed the challenge I set for myself.

Quote:
It's great to win and I hope the team does well, but having that attitude around isn't something likely to make the game fun by any stretch of the imagination.
I wasn't playing for fun.
Before you shoot me down for disrespecting your agenda, note that The Hive disrespected my agenda -first-.
Easier to destroy than to understand?

The Hive is just like everybody else.
Yes, I have a bad history with people. Damn well deal with it - I assure you that my discomfort is worse than yours.

Now where's HongHu? I have to tell her that I respect her and consider her superior to The Hive.
Old March 10, 2004, 02:36   #51
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

-BREVITY POST-

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
but if that's your attitude, good riddance.
It is easier to destroy than to understand.
I hope your actions make you feel better, because they have the inverse affect on me.

Quote:
I certainly don't see anything deserving of that attitude in the forum since I arrived.
Your emotional reactions and mine will differ, because even in the same situation, we are different people.
It takes a lot to understand how other people's emotions work, so try not to presume you understand me.

Quote:
that attitude around isn't something likely to make the game fun
And you in pursuing your own agenda aren't following my agenda.
What a co-incidence! The only difference is that one of us thinks he knows what should be valued in life (irrespective of person doing the valuing).

Quote:
Originally posted by Kody
Nah Enigma was okay. Once you realise he openly says whatever is on his mind and not take it too seriously then you'll get along fine.
In the act of not taking it seriously you'll probably undervalue it, at which point I will lose concern for your own values.
You're right about the openness, but I am not infinitely skilled in expressing it. -_-;

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
I would like to say that I'm keeping your name because I miss you and want everybody to remember your contribution. But the truth is that I don't know how to change it.
Multiplayer -> Customise your faction.
If you miss me, we should probably team up in the next ACDG, and develop a more creative / open-minded system of government so I don't get annoyed and leave again.
Old March 10, 2004, 02:37   #52
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

(Since this wasn't short, it didn't belong in the brevity post)
Honghu:
Quote:
Enigma is right that we learn in this game.
What I said was that purpose is different for different people.
Some are here to participate,
some are here to show off,
some are here to have fun socialising,
some are here to have fun winning,
some are here to learn the game,
I am here to learn the people.
And there's other stuff not included in the above because I didn't think of it at the time.

Quote:
How to get everybody to work together is sometimes not very easy. I'm still learning as of today.
I practically forked over the instruction manual.
"Don't bind Enigma by rules and regulations, and always take his ideas with an unclouded mind."
I see myself as full of thoughts, and like to work creatively, so this is effectiely:
"Value what I am and let me do my work."

It's a tried-and-true system in how we are designed - we are evolved to work, let us fulfil our drives.
We are designed to help our group, AND to help ourselves.
In this, we like to do stuff we like, and stuff others like us to do.
When others like what we do, they value us.
So let us do/be what we value, and value it also - this allows us to satisfy our drives to fight for what we are, AND our drive to do what the group judges good.
We've also evolved emotions, logic and actions.
So support people emotionally, work with them logically and help them in their actions.

It's all pretty intuitive, and aware. This stuff seems obvious to me but it may not be to all of you.

HongHu, before you wonder where my people skills come from:
I saw my lack of people skills as a problem,
I traced the problem to my purely introspective attitude.
I fixed that attitude, enabling me to 'think outside myself'.
I used this to re-evaluate presumptions, and after nerfing some errors increased my ability to understand both myself and others.
With understanding in place, knowledge is power.
Knowing - Understanding - Deciding - Acting.
While my Knowing and Acting could use work,

I totally OWN Understanding and Deciding.
Old March 10, 2004, 03:04   #53
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 06:22
Whoa.

Enigma lit a fire under the lazy ass of the ACPSG in an attempt to get it moving. I am only regretful that I went inactive at a critical moment and things went awry there. I can only imagine he tried the same thing in the Hive and this was believed to be negative, rather than motivational.

/me shakes head

Why does the Hive end up losing more good members that way?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 10, 2004, 03:31   #54
jtsisyoda
ACDG The Free DronesAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Morgan
King

Abbreviated installments 4-12 in the 4,219 part documentary "Enigma_Nova: The Autobiographical sequel to that other 3,429 part documentary on Enigma. (Written, produced, narrated, and 0WNED by Enigma_Nova.)"

*poke*
Old March 10, 2004, 03:58   #55
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Why does the Hive end up losing more good members that way?
There are other reasons, unrelated to the game, why I have barred Enigma from playing