Old March 23, 2004, 17:19   #61
Santiago_Claus
Warlord

Local Time: 18:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Well if we're going to offer advice, mine would be -- provided efficiency and HQ distance make it profitable -- to build 2 bases on the fertile NW plains near the park. In addition to good rainfall and the nutrient special, the bases' solar collectors will get the advantage of the park's NW line of E. Mirrors. Bases also guarantee the E.M.'s are within your territory -- they don't work otherwise.

I'd also make sure to upgrade all units at the park's monoliths so as to eventually exhaust them, making room for solar collectors.

As for the park's construction, it seems to me to represent a mentality that formers are cheap [to support] but crawlers and territory are expensive. You've spent a lot of former-time raising each square to 3000m and abutting the park with E.M.'s which only add 1-2 energy each. This is not necessarily a criticism; if formers are cheap, territory expensive, and build queues in high demand, it's the smart thing to do. But ... don't forget the aquifers. The drilling of aquifers would seem to align with your strategy of squeezing everything you can from the smallest possible space.

If the pressure on build queues eases you might consider replacing some of those underperforming E.M.'s with solars. Energy / area will increase at the cost of reduced energy / harvester.
Old March 23, 2004, 17:36   #62
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 15:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Of course it would be so much more efficient if the solar collectors went all the way to the bottom and top rows of the park - you lose 4 energy bonus in that square to add 1 to the solar above it.
that's what i originally intended, but just went along later and build those exterior ones. The outside spaces aren't at 3500 metres.

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago_Clause
Well if we're going to offer advice, mine would be -- provided efficiency and HQ distance make it profitable -- to build 2 bases on the fertile NW plains near the park.
No point, really. It's too late in the game to start worrying about new bases. I did plant one to the northeast of the park to broaden my territory though

Quote:
don't forget the aquifers.
Ah! I never even thought of that!
Old April 9, 2004, 12:27   #63
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:22
Bumped for people who want to get the best design for energy park.

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 9, 2004, 17:23   #64
Barinthus
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 10:22
I'm sure Jamski will have this thread in his guide. I have it bookmarked too