Old February 25, 2004, 16:50   #1
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 11:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Speculations on Concouring the Angels
I have been thinking about our ability to concour the Angels. If we feel we could pull it off it would be a great way to add to our power, we would get lots more population, a very valuable continent which contains the Monsoon Jungle and likly a tec or 2 that the Angels have managed to pick up that we havent, they also have Credits to steal as well.

The main issues involved in attacking them are their military power, the actions of the Hive/Drones in response and aquisiton of infiltration on them.

An infiltration attempt on the Angels is #1 think we need to do against them right now (along with infiltrating the Hive and Drones too). Once we have this a War will be a rather predictable affair and we can likly complete it as quickly as we took PEACE.

Force wise I estimate we will need 2 missle Rovers, 2 Missle Infantry (not Amphibius) along with a few Plasma Garrisons and Probe Teams to suplement our current forces of 4 Impact Marines, 1 Impact Rover and Impact Cruisers. We will want to upgrade the Rover to Missle and perhaps one or 2 of the Marines as well. We will also need a 3rd Transport to move the force around. Lastly 2 Missle Penatrators round out our force and fly out of Abort Retry Fail and Mega Reboot to cover the assault.

A general Battle Plan would involved most of our Current force attacking the Coastal and Sea Bases along the Angels North Coast. The Navy would be consentrated in the North to attack or shell bases and engage the Angel navy. In the South most of our newer forces would attack coastal bases. Each force would then sweep around the island leaving few defenders in the captured coastal bases. Once the bulk of the Coastal Bases are taken fighting would move inland and Rovers would push towards the cluster of 3 large inland bases that form the Heart of the Angels empire. Withering Air Assaults and Missle Rover attacks will then capture these bases and the conquest is complete.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old February 25, 2004, 16:55   #2
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 20:24
Well I am for it, but I doubt we can spare the military since Hive and/or Drones will probably use it to attack us.
Old February 26, 2004, 06:33   #3
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 06:24
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Yes, the opportunity this would afford the Hive and Drones might make this too risky....

However it is worth checking out. Do we know what sort of defenses the Angels have in terms of tech level, or do we need to infiltrate first? Also, if someone could post on what we know of their map it might help.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old February 26, 2004, 09:12   #4
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

If we go for it we need risk assesment first. Personally I think we should be careful with future expansion since it might set us for collision course with the others for good. If we grow too powerful, they might think its best to attack us asap from growing even more dominant. However hegemony is what were after so...

- Paul Valery
Old February 26, 2004, 14:51   #5
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 18:24
Conquering.
Old February 26, 2004, 16:15   #6
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Spelling changed in title.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old February 26, 2004, 16:23   #7
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
Too hazardous. Wait. Not attack yet.
Old February 26, 2004, 22:19   #8
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

How many extra drones would pop up then? I know that Monsoon Jungle is an excellent territorium to own for pop growth, but if we get CV, then it's not a priority anymore. I prefer to keep the Angels alife. Who nows, by infiltrating them we learn that the Angels have infiltrated the Hive already...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario