Old March 19, 2004, 14:15   #121
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Yeah, I really should Sorry.

Did the cat kill you?

Or the Mrs?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 19, 2004, 14:41   #122
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Hey - I just noticed... not long till the 25th of March and FINALLY the German release of the second expansion pack.

I can't wait to play it.

Level 20/20 elven fighter/rogue, here I come (In a week or so)

-Jam
Old March 19, 2004, 15:21   #123
centrifuge
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 11:25
I just got the 2nd expansion myself...

Which is a partial reason that I've put the DoA on hold for just a little while... That and the fact that NWN keeps making my graphics card crash

I guess that I'm just a glutton for punishment
Old March 19, 2004, 15:26   #124
centrifuge
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Hey - I just noticed... not long till the 25th of March and FINALLY the German release of the second expansion pack.

I can't wait to play it.

Level 20/20 elven fighter/rogue, here I come (In a week or so)

-Jam
Id suggest a 20/19/1 elven fighter/rogue/shadowdancer

I'm currently working on a 20/20 fighter/weapon master in between crashes
Old March 19, 2004, 15:36   #125
Tuberski

Local Time: 13:25
Do we Tassadar's club for anything?

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old March 19, 2004, 15:48   #126
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 12:25
Quote:
Yeah, I really should Sorry.

Did the cat kill you?

Or the Mrs?

-Jam
Both. I saved upon entering the house, very quickly ran into Mrs. Jamski, died just as quickly, reloaded, came across the cat, died, then finally reloaded an old save from right before I killed Vlad.
Old March 19, 2004, 16:11   #127
Jamski
Deity

Yarrr! Mrs Jamski be da beeitch!

Tassadar's club... just good for draining people's INT scores. Drain someone to zero and they die. It seemed amusing.

Quote:
Id suggest a 20/19/1 elven fighter/rogue/shadowdancer
Not a bad idea. Or stick in a few levels of Weapon Master...

Version 2 of the DoA will probably be with the 2nd expansion added. Its meant to fix a load of things in the script-handling that just don't trigger in SoU.

-Jam
Old March 19, 2004, 16:21   #128
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 19:25
Quote:
Umm... really?

Old March 19, 2004, 16:30   #129
Jamski
Deity

Really. I asked Amazon, and they asked Atari, and Atari said 25/3 and Amazon got back to me and said 25/3 and I said, why doesn't it say so on your page on Amazon.de, and they said "We'll fix that"

And its there now in small print.

Considering I paid for it before Xmas, the interest on my 30 Euros is about 10 cents or something that they owe me the buggers.

Anyway

-Jam
Old March 19, 2004, 17:31   #130
Space05us
King

Local Time: 06:25
Local Date: November 3, 2010
So no one has said yet...how annoying am I in the Dungeon of Apolyton?
Old March 19, 2004, 19:32   #131
centrifuge
Prince

You're an annoyance, but not a big enough one to make me want to hang you up by your entrails
Old March 19, 2004, 20:05   #132
Jamski
Deity

I hope people have notice the tribute to Noober in Space05us's dialog

-Jam
Old March 19, 2004, 20:36   #133
Space05us
King

Local Time: 06:25
Quote:
You're an annoyance, but not a big enough one to make me want to hang you up by your entrails
Im a failure
Old March 19, 2004, 22:28   #134
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:25
Quote:
Considering I paid for it before Xmas, the interest on my 30 Euros is about 10 cents or something that they owe me the buggers.
Never preorder games. I won't say they always come out in the shops before these online stores send the game out, but I have yet to experience an exception to this rule.
Old March 20, 2004, 08:22   #135
Jamski
Deity

I got some nice deals before as a "thankyou for waiting" from Amazon. 10 Euros off the next purchase and so on.

Also : My crappy tiny town doesn't have a games shop.

-Jam
Old March 20, 2004, 10:40   #136
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 19:25
My crappy village doesn't have one either. That's why I have a car and can drive to Bamberg to the Blödmarkt. In what desert are you living?
Old March 20, 2004, 10:53   #137
Jamski
Deity

I'm living in the wild desert of the Schwäbian Alps. The nearest games oasis is in Stuttgart (50km) or in Ulm (60km) Guess who never learnt to drive... and probably never will now....

/me sheepishly looks at the floor *

-Jam
Old March 20, 2004, 14:53   #138
Tuberski

I just found oput that I was in the Dungeon of Apolyton. Of course, I AM the mafia.

But, whacha gonna do?

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old March 20, 2004, 15:16   #139
centrifuge
Prince

I got bored and gave up on my fighter/weapon master character, I just missed all of the rogue abilities. So I've now started HotU over with a character who's currently a 7/7/1 rogue/assassin/shadowdancer. So far he's been doing some pretty good damage by sneak attacking with a +3 Greatsword,
the highest damage I've seen so far has been around 65 hp

I think that one level of shadowdancer is all that I'll take, because I realized while playing through SoU that I never used any shadowdancer abilities other than hide in plain site
Old March 20, 2004, 20:56   #140
Tuberski

Found a BIG bug in the Dungeon of Apolyton.

Does Jamski know about the problem with Skanky?

ACK!
Old March 21, 2004, 07:55   #141
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Of course, I AM the mafia.
Of course you are Did you call your character Tuberski too? That would be a funny conversation, especially after MattH is killed

And I've added Skanky to the bug list.

Quote:
because I realized while playing through SoU that I never used any shadowdancer abilities other than hide in plain site
Likewise

-Jam
Old March 21, 2004, 17:11   #142
gjramsey
King

I am starting to think about getting this game. I know a big part of it is the Multi-player, but that is something I really have very little interest in doing. Are the expansions geared towards multi-player, or single? Are most of the mosts meant for multi or single?

Thanks!
Old March 21, 2004, 22:51   #143
Tuberski

Quote:

Of course you are Did you call your character Tuberski too? That would be a funny conversation, especially after MattH is killed

And I've added Skanky to the bug list.

-Jam
No I just used the randomly generated name.

I also gain a level the second time I talked to Skanky, that is how I found it.

ACK!
Old March 21, 2004, 23:28   #144
centrifuge
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by gjramsey
I am starting to think about getting this game. I know a big part of it is the Multi-player, but that is something I really have very little interest in doing. Are the expansions geared towards multi-player, or single? Are most of the mosts meant for multi or single?

Thanks!
I've never tried multiplayer either, but am quite addicted to the single player

There are a ton of fan created modules fo single player. Check out neverwinter vault.
Old March 22, 2004, 07:41   #145
Jamski
Deity

Most of the game is indeed geared to single player. The second expansion's officical campag. is SP only, and I'd say about 90% of the modules are for SP play.

-Jam
Old March 23, 2004, 05:51   #146
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

just finished the HOTU expansion again. It works alot better on my new computer. The ending was bugged on my old computer.

I finished with a cleric 18/dwarven defender 10. Very poweful class combo.
Old March 23, 2004, 16:09   #147
centrifuge
Prince

Does anybody know what would happen if an assassin starts doing good deeds, and his alignment shifts to the point where he is no longer evil?

...just wondering since an evil alignment is a requirement of the class. My assumption is that you could keep all of the assassin levels but would no longer be able to level up in the class.
Old March 23, 2004, 16:31   #148
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

That is what I understand. This same applies to Paladins and Blackguards with respect to their alignments. I'd imagive the same would even apply to my Dwarven Defender (who must remain lawful- in my case I was lawful evil). You just lose the ability to level up further in that paticular class. Although if you bring yourself back down to evil, you should be able to resume taking Assassin levels.

Small HOTU spoiler:

I'm pretty sure Aribeth can use both her Paladin and Blackguard powers at the same time.

I'm not sure if that is the best way though. I think in 2nd edition a fallen paladin became just a regular figher, and could not use any Paladin abilities. In BG2 you couldn't change alignments, in NWN you can.
Old March 23, 2004, 18:46   #149
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:25
Quote:
Originally posted by centrifuge
...just wondering since an evil alignment is a requirement of the class. My assumption is that you could keep all of the assassin levels but would no longer be able to level up in the class.
It should specify what happens in the assassin description, under the "former assassin" heading or similar.
Old March 24, 2004, 04:36   #150
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Guten Tag,

unser Logistikzentrum hat den unten stehenden Artikel soeben
verschickt!
Just got that from Amazon.de

HotU is on the way!

-Jam