Old February 26, 2004, 16:08   #1
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:27
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Planetary Council Motion
To the Planetary Council
Motion of Ceasefire and Returning of the PEACE Bases
By the Human Hives

Dear Governor, dear Planetary Council Members,

The Human Hives would like to express its great concerns about the recent intense conflict between the CPU and PEACE. The CPU-PEACE war has so far lasted seven (?) years and has had a devastating impact on the peaceful development of the planet. The Hive is concerned over reports of increasing violations of international humanitarian law. We are gravely concerned that given the increasing likelihood of an thorough occupation of the PEACE territory by the CPU forces, coupled with the approaching winter, the situation in PEACE has the potential to become an even greater humanitarian disaster. It has become more and more apparent that the continuation or further escalation of the conflict between CPU and PEACE has dangerous implications for the stability of the region.

The Hive believes that the Planetary Council has overriding obligation to stop the suffering of innocent civilians and prevent a de-stabilising conflict spreading to other countries in the planet. The Hive motions the Council to take immediate action to consider this matter in order to prevent a humanitarian disaster and a threat to stability throughout the Planet. The Hive affirms the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the PEACE and the right of all refugees and displaced persons to return to their homes. The Hive calls for an immediate ceasefire from the CPU and the return of at least half of the PEACE bases. We emphasizes that the authorities of the Planet Council must achieve a political solution to condemn the CPU invasion of the PEACE territory and to establish that all violence and acts of terrorism from the CPU are unacceptable.

Chairman Voltaire

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 26, 2004, 16:11   #2
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Please give revisions and feedbacks. My intention is to present it before buster finishes his turn. Don't want to wait for too long because the Drones do not notice it until too late.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 26, 2004, 19:49   #3
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Local Time: 11:27
And we are absolutly sure that CPU will not accept this? They won't say, "Gee, the Hive and the Drones against us? That's too much!", right?
and then refusing to decide
Old February 27, 2004, 00:11   #4
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 20:27
i think it is very good!
though vender has a point: i think we might have a litle problem if they accept the ceasefire. they might use any time given after thet to prepare them self to war with us.
i would say that we might need to ask them to return some citys or pay PEACE some techs for what they've done, but i dont think it sound so good....just an idea.
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 27, 2004, 11:07   #5
Snowflake
Princess

I did ask them to return half of the PEACE bases.
Quote:
The Hive calls for an immediate ceasefire from the CPU and the return of at least half of the PEACE bases.
Now if they agree to it, hmmm... I believe it is unlikely. I mean they are feeling super good at this moment. Doesn't seem to me that they would want to appear this wimpy. What do others think? Should we demand them to return ALL of the peace bases?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 27, 2004, 11:09   #6
Snowflake
Princess

We also need Voltaire to post it when it is finalized. If Voltaire are busy maybe Comrade Oct can do it and add a sig line "Chief Ambassador Octavian X"?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 27, 2004, 23:01   #7
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 13:27
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
I did ask them to return half of the PEACE bases.

Now if they agree to it, hmmm... I believe it is unlikely. I mean they are feeling super good at this moment. Doesn't seem to me that they would want to appear this wimpy. What do others think? Should we demand them to return ALL of the peace bases?
We're going to war, right?

I am afraid that they will agree to it and they we will have to declare war afterwards anyway.

Come to think of it. How are they going to transfer back half the bases to Peace? Which bases? When?

I thought that was impermissible to gift bases in this game.

I think CyCon should not be able to keep any of their ill gotten gains.

They should return all the Peace bases. Plus pay reparations.

Mead
Old February 28, 2004, 00:10   #8
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I could do so if necessary.

It really depends on how we want CyUni to react to this request. Half of PEACE bases may be acceptable, if they're looking to avoid conflict.

If we REALLY wanna make them angry (something I love doing... ), we propose the return of ALL PEACE bases, plus appropriate reparations in the form of energy credits and techs, as well as peace between PEACE and CyUni.

Of course, I'm assuming this message is only intended to give us an excuse to attack...
Old February 28, 2004, 00:27   #9
Snowflake
Princess

Exactly Comrade Mead and Oct. I agree to change it to return all bases, and "plus appropriate reparations in the form of energy credits and techs". Very good wordings. Comrade Oct, could you post it out tonight? I want to give buster a chance to open the council meeting right around he post his turn.

Remember to get rid of the question mark after 7 and also perhaps change the word "countries" to "factions".

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 28, 2004, 00:49   #10
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Here's what I came up with. Modified the demands, as well as a few grammatical errors.

Quote:
To the Planetary Council
Motion of Cease Fire and the Return of the PEACE Bases
As presented by the Human Hive

Dear Governor, dear Planetary Council Members:

The Human Hive would like to express it’s great concerns about the recent intense conflict between the CPU and PEACE. The CPU-PEACE war has so far lasted seven years and has had a devastating impact on the peaceful development of Planet. The Hive is concerned about reports of increasing violations of international humanitarian law. We are gravely concerned that given the increasing likelihood of a thorough occupation of the PEACE territory by the CPU forces, coupled with the approaching winter, that the situation in PEACE has the potential to become an even greater humanitarian disaster. It has become more and more apparent that the continuation of, or further escalation of the conflict between CPU and PEACE has dangerous implications for the stability of the region.

The Hive believes that the Planetary Council has the overriding obligation to stop the suffering of innocent civilians and prevent a de-stabilizing conflict spreading to other factions on the planet. The Hive motions the Council to take immediate action on this matter in order to prevent a humanitarian disaster and to prevent a threat to stability throughout Planet. The Hive affirms the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the PEACE and the right of all refugees and displaced persons to return to their homes. The Hive calls for an immediate cease fire between PEACE and the CPU. The Hive also demands the immediate return of all PEACE bases to the control of the sovereign PEACE government. In addition, we demand appropriate reparations to PEACE from the CPU in the form of energy credits and technology. We emphasize that the authority of the Planetary Council must achieve a political solution to condemn the CPU invasion of the PEACE territory and to establish that all violence and acts of terrorism from the CPU are unacceptable.

Chairman Voltaire
Special Representative Octavian X
Old February 28, 2004, 01:14   #11
Snowflake
Princess

Looks great! Could you post it? Buster's already done the turn.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 28, 2004, 21:42   #12
Snowflake
Princess

Comrade Oct, would you be able to post it out on the public forum? If you can't tonight, I'll do it later when I start to work on the turn.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 29, 2004, 01:27   #13
Octavian X
King

I'll do so right now.
Old February 29, 2004, 01:43   #14
Snowflake
Princess

Just saw it. Great job!

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 29, 2004, 02:23   #15
Octavian X
King

Hey, I have to do something around here to earn my weekly xenodoughnut pension.
Old February 29, 2004, 10:26   #16
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:27
I love you guys

This is great !!!

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 29, 2004, 22:48   #17
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Well, the motion has ruffled some feathers in the public forum. It's sounding like we are going to have our war....
and then refusing to decide
Old March 1, 2004, 00:07   #18
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

I took the liberty of responding to the CyCon reply to our proposal, hopefully I did not come off too strong.
Old March 1, 2004, 00:16   #19
Snowflake
Princess

I'm so happy we have you back dear Chairman. Nobody would have replied to their lies any better.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 1, 2004, 00:57   #20
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

What, precisely, is the point of this protest? Does the U.N. Council have any additional powers of which I am not aware in this particular team game or is this just us and some other factions bickering about CyCon winning a war? Is there anything we can reasonably do ABOUT the war other than complain about it in the Planetary Council, essentially for fun, or actually ATTACKING the aggressors ourselves?
Old March 1, 2004, 01:06   #21
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
What, precisely, is the point of this protest? Does the U.N. Council have any additional powers of which I am not aware in this particular team game or is this just us and some other factions bickering about CyCon winning a war? Is there anything we can reasonably do ABOUT the war other than complain about it in the Planetary Council, essentially for fun, or actually ATTACKING the aggressors ourselves?
Strictly speaking the Planetary Council has about as much power as the real UN, so not much. This is all just rhetoric for now, but it can be used as an excuse for war later. Hopefully the CyCon comply with our demands, but if not then like the UN we can pass a resolution authorizing the use of force to make them comply. This is just the prelude to the upcoming war with the CyCon.
Old March 1, 2004, 01:17   #22
Octavian X
King

To use an analogy, think United States and UN Resolution 1441. Mere rhetoric to justify a war that's gonna happen anyway.
Old March 1, 2004, 10:53   #23
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire

Hopefully the CyCon comply with our demands,
I sure don't hope that they will comply with our demand. We have tried to make our demand as outrageous as possible. If they comply, we are in trouble. For we won't have an excuse for our soon to break out war.

Quote:
but if not then like the UN we can pass a resolution authorizing the use of force to make them comply. This is just the prelude to the upcoming war with the CyCon.
Exactly.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 1, 2004, 16:22   #24
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Ok, got it. That's what I thought... the demands are so outrageous that we have to know they'll never agree to them.
Old March 2, 2004, 00:09   #25
Voltaire
King

I'll be motioning that the Council put this to a vote right before ourselves and the Drones invade the University. That way it looks legitimate.

Also I would like our forces ready to defend the homeland from possible infiltration from CyCon spies, in case their probe foil moves toward our territory I move that it be destroyed immediately. Of course we will justify this by saying that we told them any hostile actions against us would be met with harsh force.
Old March 2, 2004, 00:32   #26
Snowflake
Princess

Yes I agree. Also I would make sure each southeastern base has at least one defense probe and the coastle bases perhaps two?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 2, 2004, 05:32   #27
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 04:27
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Bwahahaha!!! The sleeper shall awaken!
Old March 2, 2004, 22:20   #28
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Why don't we let up a little of the intensity of the diplomatic moves until after Peace gets the turn.

I think based upon the way it is going right now CyCon will probably surprise attack us this turn.

Mead
Old March 3, 2004, 00:11   #29
Snowflake
Princess

There is no problem that they would want to do this. Now do they have the ability to surprise attack us? If they do attack us then we have every reason to start war against them.

ps. Mead, I have not got your turn yet. Would you please post the upload link in the forum?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 3, 2004, 02:37   #30
Voltaire
King

When will the Drones troops be in position to attack? I think it will work best if we call this to a vote in the Council right before the attack, that way we look good.