Old April 14, 2004, 11:02   #331
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:28
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I like how all items you place are permanent. Most other games, (well, all similar games that I can think of) delete items you put on the ground after a while. It is a great feature.

Regarding the clothes, I already have an exquisite robe but want to buy a legal one so if guards question me I don't have to strip naked just to keep my clothes. All the clothier shops just have common or at most slightly better clothing for sale. I think the Ald-ruhn shop has extravagent quality, but that is lower than exquisite.
Plus I am roleplaying a good character, I don't want to kill people for no reason.
Old April 14, 2004, 21:20   #332
Space05us
King

Local Time: 06:28
Quote:
Regarding the clothes, I already have an exquisite robe but want to buy a legal one so if guards question me I don't have to strip naked just to keep my clothes. All the clothier shops just have common or at most slightly better clothing for sale. I think the Ald-ruhn shop has extravagent quality, but that is lower than exquisite.
One of the Tel cities has a clothier that sells exquisite clothing. I dont remember which one though.
Old April 14, 2004, 21:58   #333
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Local Time: 13:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
I like how all items you place are permanent.
Just watch out; if you empty a crate, sack, etc and place your own things in it, they can/will be lost.
Old April 14, 2004, 23:05   #334
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Oooh. I had best move those summon scrolls out of the urn then.
Thanks for the warning.
Old April 15, 2004, 07:08   #335
Space05us
King

Local Time: 06:28
why are you using a Dwarven Halberd? They are one of the crappiest weapons in the game.
Old April 15, 2004, 08:45   #336
Verto
King

Quote:
This is my house now. I tend to collect all sources of light. I also am running out of places to put them. There are some upstairs too.
Is that a legitimate house, from one of the Great Houses? If so, which House do you belong to and where is your house located at?
Old April 15, 2004, 08:46   #337
Skanky Burns

Roleplaying. I made my character a halberd user, and that is the best halberd I have found so far. If I find a better halberd I will then be using that. Its not like I need to powergame at the moment - enemies aren't that hard.
Old April 15, 2004, 08:48   #338
Skanky Burns

No, its just a house I "borrowed" from the owner.
Its the one just to the right of Caius' house in Balmora, fwiw. I haven't joined any of the great houses yet.
Old April 15, 2004, 08:57   #339
Verto
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
speaking of clothing. I didn't think you needed clothing if you were wearing armour. But I think I found out the npc's think you are naked if you don't have clothing on, and only armour. Is this true? I sold all my clothing.
You'll need clothes, since the only armor that I've found that looks decent enough to wear without something hiding it is ebony.
Old April 15, 2004, 09:48   #340
MattH
King

Local Time: 18:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Verto
You'll need clothes, since the only armor that I've found that looks decent enough to wear without something hiding it is ebony.
Yeah, and we all know what ebony does to your loot-transportation rate.
Old April 15, 2004, 11:01   #341
MattH
King

Well, I'm starting fresh and moving to a new HD. So I'll throw this question out: on a clean install, what mods do I have to have?
Old April 15, 2004, 11:03   #342
Skanky Burns

I don't have any mods.
Old April 15, 2004, 15:11   #343
Nacht
Prince

Local Time: 20:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Verto

Try the clothier shops, caves, etc. If all else fails, just find a rich merchant somewhere and "borrow" his.
Man you're cheap. You really can't miss those 80 drakes for a robe?
Old April 15, 2004, 15:24   #344
Nacht
Prince

Local Time: 20:28
Btw. Rollie the Guar carries lots of exquisite clothing, including three robes.
Old April 15, 2004, 17:06   #345
Verto
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MattH

Yeah, and we all know what ebony does to your loot-transportation rate.
Which is why I don't wear it.
Old April 15, 2004, 20:22   #346
Skanky Burns

Thanks Nacht.
Old April 16, 2004, 03:57   #347
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 02:28
Quote:
No, its just a house I "borrowed" from the owner.
You can take Skanky out of Thief but I guess you can't take Thief out of Skanky.
I'm not even sure I'm the first to say that either.

Good mods (if the game is too easy) - Giants (I turned the difficulty down after one too many one-hit kills from a seducer with a daedric claymore, not to even mention the titans ), Moonspawn (Many dremora dragoons at once with nasty weapons), Castlevania and the mod that puts predators and their not-so-fuzzy little friends in the southwest coast (if you like polluting the MW world with a touch of sci-fi).
The marksman mod is almost a necessity if one likes ranged weapons.
Old April 17, 2004, 11:17   #348
Zkribbler
Deity

Local Time: 11:28
Quote:
I like how all items you place are permanent. Most other games, (well, all similar games that I can think of) delete items you put on the ground after a while. It is a great feature.

Plus I am roleplaying a good character, I don't want to kill people for no reason.
The clothier in Suran has lots of exquisite clothes upstairs. I simply helped myself because he was downstairs in the shop, but I assume he'd sell them to you.

I recently came across an exquisite shirt & shoes in the clothier shop in Caldera...but I might have sold those there earlier in the game.
Old April 17, 2004, 11:27   #349
Zkribbler
Deity

Can someone help me out with this conundrum?

Caius has sent me to Vivac to question three people regarding two cults. The interview with the lizard guy and the interview with the lady in the library went really well.

--But, the third interviewee is a cat lady hiding down in the underworks from a tax collector. She won't give me the info I need until I get rid of him.

I've tried "pursuading" the tax collector up to 100/100 but he won't go away. In a "let's see what happens if I try this" effort, I lured him down a hallway and axed him, but the three nearby guards noticed and tho I got away, I ended up with a $5,000 bounty on my head -- so I don't want to do that.

Suggestions?
Old April 17, 2004, 11:34   #350
Skanky Burns

If you taunt him and he attacks you, you can kill him while the guards watch. Or you could just tell him that you saw the lady he is after and she has gone to the mainland. He'll happily wander off looking for her there.
Old April 17, 2004, 11:44   #351
MattH
King

As far as I remember, the tax man has a little quest or something for you... have you checked your journal?
Old April 17, 2004, 11:54   #352
Verto
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Zkribbler
Can someone help me out with this conundrum?

Caius has sent me to Vivac to question three people regarding two cults. The interview with the lizard guy and the interview with the lady in the library went really well.

--But, the third interviewee is a cat lady hiding down in the underworks from a tax collector. She won't give me the info I need until I get rid of him.

I've tried "pursuading" the tax collector up to 100/100 but he won't go away. In a "let's see what happens if I try this" effort, I lured him down a hallway and axed him, but the three nearby guards noticed and tho I got away, I ended up with a $5,000 bounty on my head -- so I don't want to do that.

Suggestions?
You are supposed to talk to the 'cat lady' downstairs, then return to the tax collector. You should be given the option of telling him that she[cat lady] is no longer in Vivec, and so he will go away. Then return to the cat lady.
Old April 17, 2004, 16:19   #353
Zkribbler
Deity

That was the first thing I tried. Might have been a glitch in the programming. I'll try again. Thanks.
Old April 17, 2004, 17:08   #354
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 21:28
Yeah, a known bug.
Old April 17, 2004, 21:26   #355
Zkribbler
Deity

It's looks like that's what is was. I went back, talked to the cat lady who was mad at me for talking to her again when the tax guy was still upstairs. I went back to him, and presto, there was the "lie" option. I told him I saw the cat lady heading for the mainland, he thanked me...then she thanked me got getting rid of him and told be what I needed to know.
Old April 17, 2004, 21:58   #356
quantum_mechani
Alpha Centauri Democracy GamePtWDG Legoland
Prince

Local Time: 09:28
So, no one has gotten past the Test of Patterns? I asked for tips about it several pages back...
Old April 17, 2004, 23:38   #357
Skanky Burns

You could make it easier for us to (potentially) help you and quote the relevant post...
Old April 17, 2004, 23:39   #358
Skanky Burns

Quote:
Originally posted by quantum_mechani
Does anyone have a hint for the Test of Patterns? I found a book that mentioned it, but it was rather useless...
Ok, more information. Like what quest line is it on etc.
Old April 18, 2004, 03:08   #359
quantum_mechani
Alpha Centauri Democracy GamePtWDG Legoland
Prince

Local Time: 09:28
Quote:

Ok, more information. Like what quest line is it on etc.
It's a mages guild quest, getting a report from a dwemer archealogical dig. But you have to figure your way through some dwemer puzzles to get it, the first of them being the Test of Patterns. The ruins are northwest of Molag Mar.
Old April 18, 2004, 09:02   #360
Skanky Burns

Ahh, I'm up to that mission (among many many others). I have yet to get to that ruin before being loaded down with loot to sell of though. Too many nice shrines or tombs or settlements in the way.