Old March 3, 2004, 21:02   #31
Space05us
King

Local Time: 06:28
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Is it related to that jerk and his stupid shirts?
yes

Quote:
Where is the guy who I have to give the shirts to?
Spoiler:
theres a clothier undr Ald Skar or whatever its called in Ald R'uhn (the BIG building). Give them to her and the quest will be completed. until then merchants wont have anything to do with you.
Old March 3, 2004, 21:02   #32
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Morrowind is real deep roleplaying, eh?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 3, 2004, 21:05   #33
Space05us
King

Quote:
Morrowind is real deep roleplaying, eh?
no, its like a gigantic lucid dream.
Old March 4, 2004, 00:33   #34
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 11:28
Thanks space05us.
And ya it is kinda like a lucid dream. Just without COMPLETE control, but you do get a lot if you use certain "less than fair" tactics.
Old March 4, 2004, 03:59   #35
bakalov
Prince

Local Time: 21:28
bipolar, try joining morag tong - it is just for you :-) Then you can make it almost legally :-)
Old March 4, 2004, 17:24   #36
Space05us
King

The morag-tong is a bunch of cutthroats who claim to be honorable, but when they sent that Daedric War Axe of Domm ( yes I misspelled my own weapons name ) wielding Nord out to complete thier contracts, and didnt clean up after him I lost all respect.
Old March 5, 2004, 01:12   #37
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 10:28
Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
anyone have problem with the sound on this game with an audigy 2 soundcard?

I just got my computer and put a new sound card in (and speakers).

I may need to read the instructions to figure out how to use it.
Diss, I have an Audigy 2 Platinum and the game sounds fine in 5.1. You may want to mess with the software/hardware sound option in the game (should be set to hardware). Also, make sure in your Audigy preferences that you have the correct speaker setup selected.

I recently *cough* obtained Bloodmoon and have been pretty impressed so far. The quest are original, the things characters say are way better, and it looks great. This game can be fun as long as you shut your brain off and ignore the horrible character building system.
Old March 5, 2004, 03:53   #38
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

I got the sound working better.

The problem I was having was if I was staring directly at a person during a conversation I could barely hear them. I had to turn to the side when they were talking to hear them loud enough.

I'm not sure what I did, but I was messing around with my surround sound speakers, and it seems to work fine now. It sounds real good.

I was playing a little bit. I'm still early on. I was supposed to kill some Orc guy (it was a fighter's guild quest). I couldn't taunt him into attacking me so I just attacked him. I wasn't arrested when I went out, but I forgot to check my bounty.

That was all I played, I got bored again . I may finish this game someday, not sure.
Old March 5, 2004, 04:54   #39
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 20:28
I always play with subtitles on (well, the fact that I don't understand oral English very well does help). Subtitles rock
Old March 6, 2004, 02:57   #40
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Quote:
The morag-tong is a bunch of cutthroats who claim to be honorable, but when they sent that Daedric War Axe of Domm ( yes I misspelled my own weapons name ) wielding Nord out to complete thier contracts, and didnt clean up after him I lost all respect.
ya, I had done two or three missions for them ,but then I heard about how full of it they were, so I went in ther nd slughtered everybody who wasn't vital to the core story line. I t was kinda like Kill Bill vol. 1
Old March 6, 2004, 03:18   #41
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 20:28
I never worked for the Morag Tong, but I think I'd like to be an officially sanctioned honourable executer. Of course, the Tong forbids many things for the more "adventurous" players.
Old March 6, 2004, 12:43   #42
Space05us
King

Quote:
ya, I had done two or three missions for them ,but then I heard about how full of it they were, so I went in ther nd slughtered everybody who wasn't vital to the core story line. I t was kinda like Kill Bill vol. 1
hope you didnt kill the head hancho. You do know that if you bring the leader all of the sanguine items in the game he will give you a spell which will allow you to create enchantments and spells that increase skills. And its the only spell of its kind in game. Unless you use a FAQ or walkthrough (which I highly reccomend you dont) you have to finish his bounties to collect them items.
Old March 6, 2004, 13:27   #43
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Space05us
Quote:
hope you didnt kill the head hancho. You do know that if you bring the leader all of the sanguine items in the game he will give you a spell which will allow you to create enchantments and spells that increase skills. And its the only spell of its kind in game. Unless you use a FAQ or walkthrough (which I highly reccomend you dont) you have to finish his bounties to collect them items.
Except that they changed this in the first patch so you don't get a skill spell anymore... and you can just buy stuff like that in Tribunal, so it's really pointless.
Old March 6, 2004, 13:32   #44
Space05us
King

Quote:
Except that they changed this in the first patch so you don't get a skill spell anymore... and you can just buy stuff like that in Tribunal, so it's really pointless.
what about the GOTY edition for X-box? Im assuming thats what bipolarbear has, I only have the regular vanilla so long in the freezer its freezer burnt vanilla morrowind
Old March 6, 2004, 20:23   #45
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

ya, i have the GOTY(Oh my god! An acronym that I actually know!)
Old March 7, 2004, 15:43   #46
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Local Time: 13:28
Has anyone made fun of bipolarbear for his blasphemous title mispelling?
Old March 7, 2004, 16:30   #47
Space05us
King

Quote:
I didnt even notice it until you pointed it out.
Old March 7, 2004, 17:26   #48
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

My life is thus fulfilled.
Old March 7, 2004, 18:24   #49
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 14:28
I should probably play it again. I'm not really God-like (level 15, IIRC), but I've done a ****-load of exploring. It is just that my PC isn't the greatest and sometimes it locks up. And I'm playing more and more games for my X-Box. Need a new, awesome PC or something .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old March 7, 2004, 18:56   #50
Tuberski

I just loaded it up again since I got the expansions. The biggest pain was waiting for it to parse the journal on a saved game.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old March 7, 2004, 23:58   #51
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

I got the vanilla game for PC a while ago, around when I got NWN, and had trouble for some reason playing it. I ended up losing the CD. After hearing all sorts of people talk about it, I got the GotY edition for X-box and have been playing it like crazy.

I got a CE restore health ring, levitation amulet, light shoes, and chameleon pants, all exquisite. It's an awesome game to explore in, and the lucid dream is the best description of it that I've heard. Try eating some pot brownies and playing it - you'll find yourself really lost in the dream.

I've been getting into the Daedric shrines. They're fun to sweep and clear, and a reliable source of daedric weapons from the Dremoras. Guild missions get kind of old eventually. A lot of looking for specific people to kill. I like to kill everything.

I was considering putting a CE on a bow. Does that work for adding damage, or does the enchantment have to be on the arrows?
Old March 8, 2004, 00:34   #52
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Quote:
"The point of language is to effectively communicate, not unnecessarily overcomplicate"-M.L.
If you think about it,a misspelling might actually get more people to look at the thread.
Old March 8, 2004, 00:37   #53
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Quote:
Try eating some pot brownies and playing it - you'll find yourself really lost in the dream.
Doesn't that cost like $80 for that much pot? Why not just smoke it?

Where are the daedric shrines? Are the weapons really that good?
Old March 8, 2004, 01:21   #54
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

It is a bit more expensive, but it has a different effect. Brownies are more of a body high, making it easier to still play games. Smoking is still fun, but I just mentioned brownies because I like them better - they're the ideal situation. Actually, acid is the ideal, but whatever.

Daedric shrines are all over the place. You'll usually find them guarded by Atronachs or whatever, and some other higher level enemies, Hungers, Dremora, and what not. They've got wierd pointy rocks in strange formations, with small doors leading to underground chambers.

In the chamber you'll usually find some hostile NPCs and some other monsters, some treasure, and a giant humongo-****ing idol. Under the idol you'll find a little pile of offerings, usually gems or some other stuff, and when you take it a Dremora Lord will usually pop up. Kill him, and you'll sometimes find good stuff. Last night I got a pair of Daedric Dai-katanas, worth 120,000 gold a piece, in about a half hour.
Old March 8, 2004, 01:26   #55
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Felch
I was considering putting a CE on a bow. Does that work for adding damage, or does the enchantment have to be on the arrows?
Bows only get 10 slots. They're not worth enchanting really. Damage can't be added, but things like paralysis can I think.

The best weapon is an ebony staff. With 90 enchantment points you can put 100 fire over 2 sec + 100 weakness to fire over 2 sec. That's 400 fire with a fast attack.

I just beat bloodmoon and I gotta say I've been impressed. Being a werewolf is really cool. You get tunnel vision and totally different stats and the cutscenes are cool. The unique creatures are cool to, but the boss was a big ***** even for morrowind.
Old March 8, 2004, 02:16   #56
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Could you specify waht "body high" means?
Can you point me toward a ddaedric shrine on the west side of the map in the Balmora region?
Old March 8, 2004, 02:30   #57
Space05us
King

Quote:
I've been getting into the Daedric shrines. They're fun to sweep and clear, and a reliable source of daedric weapons from the Dremoras.
wait until you're at or above level 20 then go back to the Daedric shrines. They have pole dancers dressed in gold

Quote:
Enchanting bows is pointless, they dont have a high enough enchant level. What I did was enchant something with CE bound bow. It gives +10 to your marksman skill, weighs nothing, never has to be repaired, and best of all does the same damage as a daedric bow.

Quote:
Where are the daedric shrines? Are the weapons really that good?
They dot the landscape, big ugly blocky purple architecture with lots of ugliness.
The weapons are, with exception of a few, the best in the game (excluding uniquie artifacts) However the tradeoff is that daedric weapons weigh a ton, the two-handed axe weighs 90 stone but does 1-80 damage or something like that.
Old March 8, 2004, 03:07   #58
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

1-80 HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!! Is that liek all 1 hit kills? You can still enchant them right?
Old March 8, 2004, 03:31   #59
Space05us
King

Quote:
1-80 HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!! Is that liek all 1 hit kills? You can still enchant them right?
2 hit kills if your character is strong. BUT It would be better to just use the bound axe, same stats but again no weight and gives an attack bonus (+5 or 10? to your axe skill)
Old March 8, 2004, 04:09   #60
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

No, it's better not to use bound weapons because they can't be enchanted. The axe can have an additional 50 or so fire or cold damage. It should also one hit kill everything as long as you raise your strength past 200 either by resting forever with corprus or enchanting equipment. And then you can carry tons too, so weight is irrelevent. Generally, the daikatana is better because it is faster with more enchant slots. The axe is only better if you have enough strength to get 1 hit kills every time.

Doesn't matter though, the axe is a mediocre weapon. There are several things that are way better including the 30-90 dmg 1 hand club from bloodmoon and those ridiculous throwing darts from Tribunal with 110 dmg.