Old March 29, 2004, 17:42   #181
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 14:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Imperial Legion equipment isn't that great. Also they prohibit you from wearing a non-legion cuirass, which can limit your options. However, once you rise to the top rank you get what I think is the best armor in the game. With mastered heavy armor skill, it's armor value is 333.

If you want somebody to give you quests you can try the Imperial Cult in Ebonheart, or the Tribunal Temple. Any of the houses will probably accept you once your reputation is high enough. I think rep is what matters.

Remember to look for jobs in all the major cities, Vivec, Balmora, Aid Ruhn, and Sadrith Mora. When one place's jobs get too tough, don't be afraid to look elsewhere.
Old March 29, 2004, 17:44   #182
Felch
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by bipolarbear
Can anybody tell me anything aboot the 'Dissident Priests' in Vivec?
The Dissident Priests become important in the Blades' missions. You'll meet them when the time comes.
Old March 29, 2004, 17:50   #183
Felch
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Zkribbler
I'm a high elf thief, sign of the lover.

So I returned to the bridge and got killed again. However, in doing so, I learned how to "fire" my lover's kiss. I think maybe if I put it all together, I can kill that wizard. I like the idea of returning to town later for some healing.
Don't be afraid to pick up ingredients and cook up potions. High elves have +10 to alchemy right from the start, so what you can do is make some crappy potions (expect to fail a lot), sell them to the Creeper for spending money, and then buy potions that will help buff your character. Those might give you the edge you need in the fight.

The lover's kiss should be your first move, but with a thief this fight might be tougher for you than it was for me. You could try going under the bridge and coming up the other end, but I never did that, and I can't promise it'll work. Your best bet might be to just concentrate on other quests for now, and get a couple levels and some better equipment.
Old March 29, 2004, 22:51   #184
MattH
King

Local Time: 18:28
This in response to an old question....
What to do with expensive stuff? (1) Give it to creeper by pumping him with $$$. (2) Display it along with hundreds of other items in a house (I've got to give you a screenshot of this). (3) Get the tribunal expansion and sell legendary items to the museum.
Old March 29, 2004, 23:18   #185
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:28
Local Date: November 3, 2010
In Caldera Mages guild there is a whole masters alchemy set sitting high up in the tower just waiting for someone to come along and start using it to make nice potions. Hooray!
Old March 29, 2004, 23:35   #186
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Local Time: 13:28
I also managed to steal a set from the Alchemist in Balmora, came across another in Ald-Ruhn, I think it was, and about two more in various necromancer's caverns.

I've got a pile of goodies forming in the Balmora Mage's Guild, until I decide on a home.
Old March 29, 2004, 23:51   #187
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

How do you get a house?
Or is it one of those "Kill the owners and declare this is your house now" type of situation?
Old March 30, 2004, 00:47   #188
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 11:28
Quote:
You could try going under the bridge and coming up the other end, but I never did that, and I can't promise it'll work.
I think it's too steep, but you could just try a nice little levitate spell.

Basically to get a house you kill people. I killed fast eddie, I hope that wasn't a mistake. They should combine Morrwind with the Sims. Wouldn't that be fun. of course, to join the Mages guild, you'd have buy the Makin' Magic expansion pack!

The Alchemist sets are really useful. The great thing, is that they are lighter, so you can carry more stuff with you. Which is really useful when you invest in the Axe skill.
Old March 30, 2004, 01:22   #189
Skanky Burns

I need to train up in my short-sword skill. I sold off my ebony mace that I was using to kill monsters who are invulnerable to normal weapons because I now have (3)daedric katanas. I then realised my short-sword skill is at level 6. My spear skill for comparison is at 75.
Old March 30, 2004, 02:10   #190
Felch
Emperor

The first house I took over was during the tax collector investigation in Seyda Neen. The problem was that place is so out there, it's more like a tutorial village. A house the man city of your Great House is probably the best idea. I got one in the Tribunal Expansion too.
Old March 30, 2004, 02:30   #191
Skanky Burns

I'll probably get one in Balmora - nice little town that one.
Old March 30, 2004, 09:16   #192
Verto
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
How do you get a house?
Or is it one of those "Kill the owners and declare this is your house now" type of situation?
No, there is a real house (actually, more of a complex or mini-city) you can get. You get it by joining one of the Great Houses and finishing quests for them. It is the opinion of many that the House Telvanni offers the best house.
Old March 30, 2004, 09:35   #193
Skanky Burns

Cool, I'll get one of them too then. Just gotta get my rank up in the three guilds (Fighters, Theives and Mages).
Old March 30, 2004, 10:09   #194
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 20:28
I personally prefer the house of Hlaalu. Odai Plateau is such a nice place. One of my characters dreams of installing her yurt there, and live happily in the freed Vvardenfell among the corkbulbs and scribs
Old March 30, 2004, 11:28   #195
Zkribbler
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Felch
You could try going under the bridge and coming up the other end, but I never did that, and I can't promise it'll work.
I did. Under the bridge, then up the side of the mountain (remember I have acrobatic skills).

In most places, the mountain is really steep. I had to stay on "run" most of the time, or I'd slip backwards. There are some niches and crevasses which permits places to rest.

I did manage to get up to the foundation of some buildings on the left side of the mountain, but couldn't get any higher. I skirted the entire rim of the mountain but found nowhere to creep up those final few feet. I was also hoping for some secret passage down below but saw no place that looked promising.
Old March 30, 2004, 12:17   #196
Skanky Burns

It does work, you just need to pretty much keep going left and up over the mountain. Still, its easier to level up doing other things and then kill the guy when you are stronger. At level 25 the enemy doesn't pose much of a problem.
Old March 30, 2004, 19:29   #197
MattH
King

Local Time: 18:28
There are several ways to get a house:
- Great houses: Get to a certain level and the option will appear. This house is usually hard to get at and small (but expandable!)
- Quest deaths. An early house Hallau (sp, haven't played in a while) mission, something like "Find the Killer" will present you with a big house and a body. The house doesn't actually become yours, but no one complains when you use it.
- Homicide. Pretty obvious .
- Bloodmoon. Completing the 'build a house' seires will get you a house on Sloth.
Old March 30, 2004, 21:28   #198
Felch
Emperor

I've got to get the House Redoran house.
Old March 31, 2004, 01:13   #199
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Quote:
I need to train up in my short-sword skill. I sold off my ebony mace that I was using to kill monsters who are invulnerable to normal weapons because I now have (3)daedric katanas. I then realised my short-sword skill is at level 6. My spear skill for comparison is at 75.
Where did you sell the mace at? WHne I sold mine to Creeper, I still had to hold down the button to lower the price for like twenty minutes.
Are you able to use a shield whilst wielding a katna of Daedric origin?

Quote:
I did. Under the bridge, then up the side of the mountain (remember I have acrobatic skills).

In most places, the mountain is really steep. I had to stay on "run" most of the time, or I'd slip backwards. There are some niches and crevasses which permits places to rest.

I did manage to get up to the foundation of some buildings on the left side of the mountain, but couldn't get any higher. I skirted the entire rim of the mountain but found nowhere to creep up those final few feet. I was also hoping for some secret passage down below but saw no place that looked promising.
Once again, I'd reccomend investing in a levitate potion or two. Personally I prefer the spell, because it weighs nothing, and ultimately costs less. The rea cost though, is in getting your alteration score up high enough.

Quote:
It does work, you just need to pretty much keep going left and up over the mountain. Still, its easier to level up doing other things and then kill the guy when you are stronger. At level 25 the enemy doesn't pose much of a problem.
Is there a highest level that you cna reach in the game?
Old March 31, 2004, 01:15   #200
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

I must say, that the biggest advantage to having your own house, is that you can create the overflowing loot bag, and just horde everything. Then you can make regular trips to the mages, and fighters guilds, and raid their supply chests, and keep your own personal stash. very nice or you can just sell it all off, and get training so that you can level up faster. Also very nice possibly more nice !!!!
Old April 1, 2004, 01:56   #201
quantum_mechani
Alpha Centauri Democracy GamePtWDG Legoland
Prince

Local Time: 09:28
Does anyone have a hint for the Test of Patterns? I found a book that mentioned it, but it was rather useless...
Old April 1, 2004, 02:34   #202
Felch
Emperor

Quote:
Where did you sell the mace at? WHne I sold mine to Creeper, I still had to hold down the button to lower the price for like twenty minutes.
First sell things to him that cost less than the mace. An ebony mace is something like 13000 or whatever, so you'll want to maybe sell the Creeper a pair of common soul gems with Ancestor Ghosts (4000 a piece I think). Then when you sell the mace, you buy back the soul gems to bring the total sold down to 5000. Then you wait 24 hours, sell one soul gem, and then wait, and sell the other. Your goal is to get as near to 5000 a day as possible.

Quote:
Are you able to use a shield whilst wielding a katna of Daedric origin?
A katana yes. A dai-katana, no. However, the shield still gives you the Armor and magical bonuses with a two handed weapon (I think) just no blocking.

Quote:
You need ten skill points in you major or minors, so roughly in the 70s I think. However, there might be bugs. There's no real benefit after a while once you max out your stats, besides hit points.
Old April 1, 2004, 09:29   #203
Verto
King

Quote:
I must say, that the biggest advantage to having your own house, is that you can create the overflowing loot bag, and just horde everything.
What do you mean by "overflowing loot bag"?
Old April 1, 2004, 12:32   #204
Zkribbler
Deity

Actually, I found an even better way of handling my problems. The trouble with a high-elf thief (sign of the lover) is that he doesn't have a whole lot of muscle but instead relies more on stealth and subtlety. I was still pretty much at the beginning of the games, so I says to myself, why not go back and start over with a character with a little more muscle...just a squidge...just a tad.

Enter Thug Bogmaster orc barbarian, sign of the warrior. Oh yeah, that provided just the liiiiiittle extra muscle I needed. I tell you when, right at the beginning, the old hag directed me into the smugglers' cave & I parted that sorcerer's hair down to his navel with my two-handed battle axe, it felt sooooo good!

I'm now armored in bonemeal armor (AC=24). I flattened that wizard on the bridge and came back with the puzzle box, leaving a trail of chopped-up bodies in my wake.

I'm guessing that, like in most games of this type, my "tank" will top out early, and mages will be able to wreack havoc on me later on. But right now, I'm having fun.
Old April 1, 2004, 16:35   #205
Felch
Emperor

Actually magic is relatively weak in Morrowind, at least in terms of direct damage. Mostly I only use magic for teleportation, concealment, soultrapping, etc.. A largely physical tank is quite playable throughout the game.

In my opinion it's one of the weaknesses of the game. Strict magic use just isn't practical.

Good call though on trying a new character design. High elves aren't a very good match with thief, but orcs make fantastic barbarians.
Old April 1, 2004, 16:57   #206
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 20:28
Quote:

You can even get past level 70 if you commit a crime, then go to jail, get your skills lowered and then training them again to 100. You we progressed a level. But I haven`t tried this yet (long way to lv 70, especially ehrn you are god at lv 30).
Old April 2, 2004, 02:44   #207
Skanky Burns

Quote:
Originally posted by Qilue
Finally found it's new home.

http://www.uesp.net/index.shtml

This site is a must-read.
Hmm, the site went down.
Old April 2, 2004, 03:51   #208
Felch
Emperor

I noticed that too. You could try gamefaqs.
Old April 2, 2004, 03:53   #209
Felch
Emperor

I finally got my stronghold started. WOOT
Old April 2, 2004, 05:43   #210
Felch
Emperor

Bal Isra has finally been completed. And it's looking good.

How do you get the unlimited loot bag?