Old April 2, 2004, 05:55   #211
duke o' york
Civilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 19:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'm guessing that he was referring to the house as being somewhere you can dump all of the stuff you pick up, and not that there is a magic item called the bag of infinite holding. Maybe I'm wrong, as I've never played Morrowwind, but this is the impression I got from reading his posts.
Old April 2, 2004, 06:00   #212
duke o' york
Civilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 19:28
I just looked up Morrowwind, magic and bag on Google, and (w00t!) this thread is the first result!

We're great! Oh yeah, and I rest my case.
Old April 2, 2004, 08:24   #213
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:28
Local Date: November 3, 2010
One trick you can try is dumping loot near where you teleport. Then go get more loot, dump it in the same spot, and so on. Once you have a whole heap of loot near your teleport area, pick it all up and teleport to a place you can dispose of it. Currently for me that is Caldera, before that Balmora where there are several all-purpose traders nice and close together.

The good thing about this is you can teleport 2500 or even more kilos worth of stuff despite your character being limited to a maximum of 500. Of course, to then sell the stuff you need to dump most of it on the ground just to be able to move.
Old April 2, 2004, 10:09   #214
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Local Time: 13:28
Quote:
Is there a highest level that you cna reach in the game?
I don't know, but many profess to have 120+ level characters
Old April 3, 2004, 22:42   #215
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 14:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
One trick you can try is dumping loot near where you teleport. Then go get more loot, dump it in the same spot, and so on. Once you have a whole heap of loot near your teleport area, pick it all up and teleport to a place you can dispose of it. Currently for me that is Caldera, before that Balmora where there are several all-purpose traders nice and close together.

The good thing about this is you can teleport 2500 or even more kilos worth of stuff despite your character being limited to a maximum of 500. Of course, to then sell the stuff you need to dump most of it on the ground just to be able to move.
Ah, okay. Makes sense. I thought there was some bag that was bugged or something. I should really read through threads more carefully, but I still probably won't.
Old April 4, 2004, 00:06   #216
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 10:28
Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by obstructor
You can even get past level 70 if you commit a crime, then go to jail, get your skills lowered and then training them again to 100. You we progressed a level. But I haven`t tried this yet (long way to lv 70, especially ehrn you are god at lv 30).
That would seem to be the way to do it, if the character building worked properly. As it is you don't need to go to jail. You can still get the master trainers to level you up even when the skill is at 100. Every time you train it will say skill increased to 100, but your level will go up 1/10 just the same even though the skill isn't increasing. And there is no level cap. You could be level 1000 if you have the cash.
Old April 4, 2004, 02:23   #217
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 11:28
Quote:
What do you mean by "overflowing loot bag"?
Sorry I took so long to respond, I was off enjoying a superb indy film festival!
The overflowing loot bag is awesome, in that you can just horde carp, and crap, and crap, and then even more tons of crap!
Basically, just "buy" a house(I find using and axe and somebody's head usually pays the price) and start putting all of your extra crap in the house.
Just fill up all of the bags, and crates, and cupboards, and everything that can already hold something in the house. Once you think they're full, kleep going back and try to stick small things, like paper and keys in, somethime they will fit.
Then once all of those are full start piling crap on the tables, the floor, the shelves, and everywhere in the house. After a while, a samll bag ill appear in the room. It will say "overflow loot bag" or "overflow bag" or something to that effect. It can hold unlimited crap. Which is really cool for just having a sort of easy access place to all of the extra weapons, armor, alchemy sets, really anythin that you find. I stopped selling off all of the cups that I was getting, and just horded them.
It is really, just a cool trick. It sort of keeps everything in order, and keeps you carrying light. It is sort of like a little 7-11 for your character, except they let you sleep in there, and eveyrthing is free.
If you get annoyed cluttering up your bag, and or house with cups and what not, take the recycling approach. Save up a bunch of them, and then go pawn them off to some old junk dealer.
Old April 4, 2004, 02:25   #218
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Quote:
just looked up Morrowwind, magic and bag on Google, and (w00t!) this thread is the first result!
w00t!

by the way, I love your avatar, is that Duke Ellington?
Old April 4, 2004, 18:24   #219
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Can anybody explain to me how to enchant a weapon? I want to trick out my Daedric longsword, or my ebony broadsword, but I don't know how. Acquiring a soul inside of a soul gem seems to be quite the problem.
Old April 4, 2004, 18:28   #220
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

By the way, I found that talking mudcrb merchant. It's really a good deal. If anybod is still having trouble finding th little bugger, go to the Manzach ruins that are just east of Vivec. CIrcel the island, and the loaded mudcrab can be found on the island that is closest to this island. I think there's mmaybe a five foot landbridge between them or something.

Alos, while I was sidling around Vivec, I ran into a dude who, in exchange for some liquor, gave me a rusty key, and told me of a wrecked ship that had a bizznitching battle axe in it. Would anybody be able to gove me the 411 on this ship and axe?
Old April 4, 2004, 20:15   #221
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

If you have good sneak skills, just "liberate" one of the soul gems in any of the mages guilds. The smallish round yellow-coloured ones have the most powerful souls in them. Of course, then you have to rely on your own enchanting skills to enchant your items - they complain when ask them to enchant using a stolen gem.

My dwarven halberd has 300 soul-points worth of paralyze now. Hooray!
Old April 4, 2004, 21:24   #222
Verto
King

Quote:
Originally posted by bipolarbear
By the way, I found that talking mudcrb merchant. It's really a good deal. If anybod is still having trouble finding th little bugger, go to the Manzach ruins that are just east of Vivec. CIrcel the island, and the loaded mudcrab can be found on the island that is closest to this island. I think there's mmaybe a five foot landbridge between them or something.
Ah, I just so happen to be in this area looking for Bal Fell; I don't know if I have anything to sell it, other than an Ebony Shield I found, but it's good to know where it is.

[q]
Alos, while I was sidling around Vivec, I ran into a dude who, in exchange for some liquor, gave me a rusty key, and told me of a wrecked ship that had a bizznitching battle axe in it. Would anybody be able to gove me the 411 on this ship and axe? [/QUOTE]

I've never heard of it, so other than exploring for it you could check out Morrowind's forums. Could you provide any specifics?
Old April 5, 2004, 00:24   #223
Felch
Emperor

Quote:
Can anybody explain to me how to enchant a weapon? I want to trick out my Daedric longsword, or my ebony broadsword, but I don't know how. Acquiring a soul inside of a soul gem seems to be quite the problem.
Use a summon spell or scroll to get a warm body to kill. Cast soultrap on it, and as long as you have an adequate soul gem and kill it before the spell runs out, you'll trap the soul. The best is to use a grand soul gem and a golden saint. Golden Saint scrolls can be purchased at the mage guild in Caldera. Grand Soul gems are tougher to find.

A word of warning is that golden saints can dispel the soul trap and paralyze you. Once you get a couple trapped though your character becomes ridiculously sick. You can get 400 points of energy on your sword with it.
Old April 5, 2004, 01:14   #224
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Quote:
I've never heard of it, so other than exploring for it you could check out Morrowind's forums. Could you provide any specifics?
The guy wanted Sujamma I htink. But I know the old boat that he alked about was in pretty much the same area as the mudcrab merchant.
Old April 5, 2004, 01:17   #225
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Quote:
Use a summon spell or scroll to get a warm body to kill. Cast soultrap on it, and as long as you have an adequate soul gem and kill it before the spell runs out, you'll trap the soul. The best is to use a grand soul gem and a golden saint. Golden Saint scrolls can be purchased at the mage guild in Caldera. Grand Soul gems are tougher to find.

A word of warning is that golden saints can dispel the soul trap and paralyze you. Once you get a couple trapped though your character becomes ridiculously sick. You can get 400 points of energy on your sword with it.
Does it have to be a warm body? I found a ring that lets me summon an ancestor ghost, and a ring that lets me summon a bonewalker, and I think a belt that lets me summon a skeletal minion.
Old April 5, 2004, 03:06   #226
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

By the bi, thanks for all of the help, cheating wouldn't be as fun w/o you guys.
Old April 5, 2004, 21:00   #227
Felch
Emperor

Quote:

Does it have to be a warm body? I found a ring that lets me summon an ancestor ghost, and a ring that lets me summon a bonewalker, and I think a belt that lets me summon a skeletal minion.
Warm body is just an expression. It can in fact be undead. It can not be dead already. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, I don't think it can be robotic, like with the centurion machines, although I'm not entirely sure about that.
Old April 6, 2004, 01:25   #228
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

You an summon the centurion machines?

So when I have the soul trapped, does that mean that Whever I use the sword the golden saint, ancestor ghost, whatever will come out and fight the orc or wahtever I'm fighting in addition to the effects? Or does the trapped soul sort of provide the energy for the enchantment??
Old April 6, 2004, 01:40   #229
Felch
Emperor

You can't summon centurians, but you can soul trap random enemies by casting the spell on them when you encounter them. The reason I recommend summoning is that you can get higher quality souls more easily by summoning them than by hunting them, and if you summon a monster it doesn't attack until you attack it, thereby giving you the immediate advantage.

When you use a soul gem to enchant an item it gives you a certain charge value for the item (look at any magic items you have and you'll see a red bar below their stats with a charge value 15/15 or 50/50 or something like that).

Very high level souls, including the golden saint, allow you to create constant effect items, that use no charge and are constantly working. They also give you the most energy if you choose not to constant effect, 400/400. Depending on your enchant skill using items uses a variable amount of charge, which is replenished over time or by expending soul gems.

When you use an enchanted item it gives the effects that you select. Weapons can cast on strike or when used, other items only cast when used.
Old April 6, 2004, 02:15   #230
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Sos could I, hypothetically have a weapon that would replenish my health each time I hit an enemy?
Old April 6, 2004, 02:42   #231
Felch
Emperor

I believe so, and it sounds like a pretty good idea. What I did was enchant a ring with a constant effect of restore health 4, which has kept me alive quite effectively since I got it.

The only problem I can think of with your sword is that it would either be too weak to do much good, only restoring a couple hit points, or it would run out of energy too quickly. You're probably better off dealing more damage more quickly and just avoiding getting hurt in the first place.
Old April 6, 2004, 08:38   #232
Verto
King

Quote:
Sos could I, hypothetically have a weapon that would replenish my health each time I hit an enemy?
I've been thinking about enchanting a weapon along those lines, or perhaps fortifying my strength with every hit.
Old April 6, 2004, 14:29   #233
Nacht
Prince

Local Time: 20:28
Quote:
Even better is to use Absorb Health, not only does it replenish your health but also drains your opponents health.
Old April 6, 2004, 16:34   #234
Felch
Emperor

The reason I didn't try those was because they have a limited duration, and at the stage my character is at, just about every enemy dies in a couple hits anyways.

Also watch out on fortify strength because it accelerates your weapons' structural damage. Not a sermon, just a caveat.
Old April 6, 2004, 22:33   #235
Skanky Burns

I wonder how powerful your soul gem needs to be for constant effect.
Old April 7, 2004, 00:35   #236
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Golden saint I think.
Old April 7, 2004, 00:36   #237
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

i think a cool encahntment would be something with paralyze.
What is the biggest enchantment you would create if price wasn't a factor?
Old April 7, 2004, 00:37   #238
Skanky Burns

I will have to see if I can "borrow" one from a Mages guild then.
Old April 7, 2004, 00:45   #239
Skanky Burns

I have my weapon with 3 second paralyze at the moment. It sure comes in handy, but I would like it to last a bit longer, such as when I am being attacked by multiple enemies I can paralyze all of them and then finish them off one by one.
Old April 7, 2004, 00:54   #240
Felch
Emperor

I just made an exquisite ring with a golden saint that did 99 frost damage for 3 seconds in a 50 foot radius of the target. 400 points of charge and because of my enchant skill it only costs 12 points to use.

****ing badass.