Old February 28, 2004, 23:06   #1
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 13:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Turn 2158
I just downlaoded 2158 and I am starting to look around.

Please everyone else do so as well.

I took a break from my review to post here that the Hive is being invaded by the Data Angeles.

They have landed a Battle Ogre near Rokossovkygrad and have a unity rover on a transport off the coast.

I am now going back to look over the turn some more.

Mead
Old February 28, 2004, 23:54   #2
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:33
Looks like we'll have to worry about her earlier than I thought. Transport should be easy to take care. What about the Battle Ogre?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 29, 2004, 00:21   #3
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Looks like we'll have to worry about her earlier than I thought. Transport should be easy to take care. What about the Battle Ogre?
As you know, I am trying to do a parallel turn on this one so I am checking out how I would handle things.

Suggestion:

Do not use the F-15 needlejet to attack. Save it for Recon down south.

Use one of the nearby Choppers (I think Dacopolis just built one).

Hit the transport first.

You are almost certain to win. Probably without damage. After that battle your chopper will probably get a morale upgrade to disciplined.

Then use it to hit the disciplined Ogre. The Ogre is in rolling terrain and you should have 2:1 odds in favor of winning. Once you win your chopper will likely get an upgrade to hardened.

Then land your chopper in one of the nearby cities.

Mead

PS
There is a lot more I am thinking about this turn, such as moving up the Data Angle invasion, and perhaps killing that CyCon probeship. I'll talk about them in the next few posts.
Old February 29, 2004, 00:23   #4
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 20:33
as i posted - we can build at least 6-7 infantery units of any type in 1-2 turns. this is the time!!
done make robbers, they're costy and we need (and can make) units for both fronts!
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 29, 2004, 00:30   #5
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 20:33
I'm going to my reserv duty right now so i won't be able to help much in the comeing 10 days. ill probably enter forum once every 2-3 days, but I'm not sure.

good luck

and again - WE HAVE @ FRONTS NAW - BUILD SIMPLE INFANTERY SO YOU CAN HAVE MANY UNITS!!!!!

(misle-drop for attack and centinels or misile infantery for defence)
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 29, 2004, 01:36   #6
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Ok I'm now hesitating about killing the CC probe. It will break our treaty. If we could wait one more turn I think that would be better.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 29, 2004, 01:48   #7
Snowflake
Princess

However if we don't kill it they will discover the peace transport and colony pod. Does this matter at all?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 29, 2004, 01:48   #8
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Yeah - I'm thinking we shoud hold off on hurting that probe until we're actually at war. We'll have to see how they react to our council motion.

Really, we've no reason not the trust them. We're being the untrusty ones.
Old February 29, 2004, 01:54   #9
Snowflake
Princess

So we let them be aware of the new peace base? Then they will be awared that we are going to protect the peace. But I guess this is ok. Any more opinions?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 29, 2004, 04:24   #10
Snowflake
Princess

Ok I've almost finished the turn. There are still a couple units need to be moved, and I'm pretty sure the base production may need adjustment. Please take a look and let me know what your opinion is especially about base productions.

Turn 2158 unfinished

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 29, 2004, 04:25   #11
Snowflake
Princess

Base productin needs to be changed:

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 29, 2004, 04:26   #12
Snowflake
Princess

Base productin needs to be changed:

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 29, 2004, 04:28   #13
Snowflake
Princess

Basically, we are building another two penetrators, two drop probes and two drop garrisons. Then I'm building a transport, and a couple garrisons and probes for the peace new base. The other bases I didn't know what to build, so just put in some tree farms, rec tanks and nodes. I need suggestions for those. Thanks!

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 29, 2004, 10:30   #14
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:33
More units. Less Facs.

And kill that probe.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 29, 2004, 19:04   #15
Mead
King

MOVE THAT F-15

Hong Hu

I looked at the unfinished turn you posted.

Very fortunately for us, you have not yet moved that F-15 yet.

Let's move it to keep our cruiser from being bought and to start the war yet.

Move the Needlejet and have it end its turn on top of the Cruiser (it is 12 spaces from Rokossvygrad, it can make it).

Next turn have the needlejet land in the new Peace base, if made there, or return to New Moscow.

Change the Tree farm in Rokossvygrad to a Skyhawk and rush it so it is available for use next turn. With two needlejets we can keep up on constant presence.

Mead
Old February 29, 2004, 19:09   #16
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
More units. Less Facs.

-Jam
I have to agree with Jamski.

Right now we need addtional military units more than we need additional facilties right now.

I too, would like to have more facilites (in particular Tree Farms, Net Nodes, and Recycling Tanks), but the need for military units now and for the next two turns is greater than the benefit of addtional facilties right now.

I'll try to upload my turn so you can see where I would like to go.

Mead

PS

I did like the transport you are now making in New Moscow. It will come in handy for the invasion of th Data Angeles.
Old February 29, 2004, 19:23   #17
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mead

Next turn have the needlejet land in the new Peace base, if made there, or return to New Moscow.
It looks like Peace should move the CP inland one space to make invulnerable from prob foils. I hope Crossbone Way can hold out for two turns.

Quote:
Change the Tree farm in Rokossvygrad to a Skyhawk and rush it so it is available for use next turn. With two needlejets we can keep up on constant presence.
We really need more than one needlejet to keep up the constant recon.

Mead
Old March 1, 2004, 00:04   #18
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
MOVE THAT F-15

Hong Hu

I looked at the unfinished turn you posted.

Very fortunately for us, you have not yet moved that F-15 yet.

Let's move it to keep our cruiser from being bought and to start the war yet.

Move the Needlejet and have it end its turn on top of the Cruiser (it is 12 spaces from Rokossvygrad, it can make it).

Mead
Thanks Mead. Yes that's exactly why I didn't move that F15. I knew it has a purpose.

I'll change the tree farm to skyhawk too. Now we do have more than two F15 though. I guess I could also change the other facilities to military units, what I'm not sure though, is that if we want to keep a large military force. Even if we have pretty good support, if we don't need it then it will be resources wasted.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 1, 2004, 00:05   #19
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:

It looks like Peace should move the CP inland one space to make invulnerable from prob foils. I hope Crossbone Way can hold out for two turns.

Mead
I think it is their plan.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 1, 2004, 00:33   #20
Snowflake
Princess

Save before end turn

Grapefruit Garden