Old February 29, 2004, 19:53   #1
Solomwi
lifer
C3CDG Desolation RowPtWDG2 Monty PythonCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 13:35
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Anybody else seen this?
I apologize if it's been discussed, but I didn't see it anywhere.

Playing as Germany, I get a MGL, Barbarossa, then get another MGL, Richtofen. So far, so good. Then I get an SGL, Copernicus, and a second and third SGL, both also named Copernicus. Okay, so despite the long history of great German contributions to math, physics, and especially chemistry, they only gave one SGL name. All right, whatever. Then I get a third MGL... uh, Richtofen again. Not a play issue or really affecting my game, but let's check the editor, because surely they wouldn't have removed MGL names that were already in there. Sure enough, I find Hengest and Horsa listed as possible MGL's and Gutenberg and Max Planck listed as additional possible SGL's. Now I'm just puzzled. Is the leader name now picked randomly or is it a bug (albeit low priority one)?
"They say if you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. But if you teach a man to fish...then he has to get a fishing license. But he doesn't have any money, so he has to get a job and enter the social security system. And he has to file taxes, and you're gonna audit the poor son of a ***** because he's not really good at math. You pull the IRS van up to his house and take everything. You take his velvet Elvis and his toothbrush and his penis pump and that all goes up for auction with the burden of proof on you because you forgot to carry the 1. All because you wanted to eat a fish, and you couldn't even cook the fish because you need a permit for an open flame."
- Doug Stanhope
Old February 29, 2004, 20:01   #2
joncha
MacNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 03:35
Local Date: November 3, 2010
This is a known bug. I think it was fixed in one of the beta patches.

jon.

And just in case a disputant, calls you to dispute about their claims,
Do not, then, dispute on them, except by way of an external dispute.
Old February 29, 2004, 20:03   #3
Antrine
Prince

Local Time: 18:35
Bugs, what bugs? There are no bugs in this game!
I'll send you elsewhere
Old February 29, 2004, 20:09   #4
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 14:35
For sure 1.15 has resolved that issue, maybe even 1.12.
Old February 29, 2004, 20:12   #5
Solomwi
lifer
C3CDG Desolation RowPtWDG2 Monty PythonCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 13:35
Thanks, guys. I've got to finish this game and get updated on my patches, I guess.
"They say if you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. But if you teach a man to fish...then he has to get a fishing license. But he doesn't have any money, so he has to get a job and enter the social security system. And he has to file taxes, and you're gonna audit the poor son of a ***** because he's not really good at math. You pull the IRS van up to his house and take everything. You take his velvet Elvis and his toothbrush and his penis pump and that all goes up for auction with the burden of proof on you because you forgot to carry the 1. All because you wanted to eat a fish, and you couldn't even cook the fish because you need a permit for an open flame."
- Doug Stanhope