Old March 22, 2004, 03:12   #61
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 11:35
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Missle Infantry would probly be cheapest (3 rows?)

Our ships can be upgraded imediatly to either configuration at the 50 and 80 Credit prices I mentioned (atleast thats the cost for the Regular ones, not shure of the Love Boat)

I think Triplex would be a good place to build Missle Infantry. We can switch the current production and only loss 4 minerals. Then we Can hurry the rest of it rather easily. We might even protoype Nerve Gass too! Its got the Comand Center and the unit could then be in good position to load up in transports and sail off towards the Hive.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 22, 2004, 09:14   #62
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 20:35
Yes, good idea, then Apolyton Prime can produce en masse missile units there after.

CyCon tentative military moves MY 2160
  • Interceptor in MegabyteVille flies to Pi Square.
  • Logic Loop Probe Team to Pi Square.
  • Impaler Transport north of Triplex to 59.59, and on the way dropping the onboard scout in Thermal Tassagrad. The question is of we mindcontrol the PEACE crawler en route or not.
  • The MegabyteVille cruiser to Atlantis and rehomed to Atlantis, then 'L' for repair. ok, Impaler?
  • Unity Rover on 78.66 moves to the direction of Pi Square.
  • The Locutus cruiser goes into Atlantis, then 'L' for repair.
  • Impaler Transport near Locutus moves to Thermal Tassagrad and picks up the scout that the other transport left at Thermal Tassagrad.
  • CCS Love Boat moves to 51.53 (guarding Locutus from a distance).
  • Impact Marine in AbortRetryFail(ed) moves to Mega Reboot.
  • CCS Spitfire: can't decide, to Pi Square or Locutus.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Last edited by GeoModder; March 22, 2004 at 09:22.
Old March 22, 2004, 09:47   #63
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Do you plan to attack the Pirates, personaly I would leave them alone, we already broke one Ceasefire with them and they have started building that Colony Pod like we told them too so it seems we should let them move north like they have been planning. They have said they dont want the Hive using them as a base and would Eject any Hive units that go their by breaking Pact. It also seems the Hive is going to send its attack force through Uni territory rather then through the Atlantis Ocean so we should consentrate our air power in Portal and Pi Square.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 22, 2004, 15:27   #64
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

I'm inclined to leave them alone, but their will be thunder and lightning when Drogue finds out...

Anyway, IMHO, there was a (small) majority for letting them alone in the last poll. So, if after checking this poll tomorrow I still have this minor majority, I'll send a truce. Agreed?

Btw, we will need some fleet in the seas towards Hive/Angels, those ships are still around there... I can see the Hive cutter in an Angel base screen.

I've been thinking: If thinks start to go way downhill, why not offering or selling tech to the AI's?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 22, 2004, 18:18   #65
GeoModder
Deity

How about asking PEACE for those two crawlers and we pay them off? We even might get a few kegs of xenorum out of this deal.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 22, 2004, 21:10   #66
Impaler[WrG]
King

They have agreed to sell them after they are finished migrating. For now we they need them to build that Colony Pod.

I dont think we can spare the Probe teams for stealing right now, I think all the Probes should go north.
Old March 23, 2004, 08:30   #67
GeoModder
Deity

Ok, I got enough info now on how to proceed with reshuffling 'my' units.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 23, 2004, 13:49   #68
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder

I've been thinking: If thinks start to go way downhill, why not offering or selling tech to the AI's?
Things are going downhill. Sell them!
Old March 23, 2004, 15:36   #69
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by obstructor
Things are going downhill. Sell them!
... for 25 ec apiece...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 23, 2004, 21:33   #70
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder [*]The Locutus cruiser goes into Atlantis, then 'L' for repair.[*]Impaler Transport near Locutus moves to Thermal Tassagrad and picks up the scout that the other transport left at Thermal Tassagrad.[*]CCS Love Boat moves to 51.53 (guarding Locutus from a distance).[*]Impact Marine in AbortRetryFail(ed) moves to Mega Reboot.[*]CCS Spitfire: can't decide, to Pi Square or Locutus.[/list]
Dammit, will you people stop using my name! Completely irrelevant ACDG threads keeps showing up in my search results

It's bad enough they had to make a movie about the guy (albeit a good one) -- now I have to share this nick with about a gazillion other people (though fortunately their number seems to be declining recently) -- but you're not helping by naming cities after him as well

I got it first, it's mine, all mine, my precious...
Old March 23, 2004, 22:02   #71
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
Dammit, will you people stop using my name! Completely irrelevant ACDG threads keeps showing up in my search results
/me points at Obstructor

It's all his fault. If you check his avatar all will be clear.
Don't destroy CyCon as another god once did.

Besides, the base is called Locutus of Chiron (TM), so no connection whatsoever with you.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 24, 2004, 01:47   #72
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 05:35
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder

... for 25 ec apiece...
Hey, why not? If we spread important techs around, it's the least we can do to pay the Hive/Drones back for what they've done...
Old March 24, 2004, 04:54   #73
GeoModder
Deity

O, I agree selling them around if the AI's want to talk to us, it's only that all those techs will only give us 25 ec's apiece.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 24, 2004, 15:03   #74
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus

Dammit, will you people stop using my name! Completely irrelevant ACDG threads
Lets call the base Ming then
Old March 26, 2004, 06:11   #75
GeoModder
Deity

Tentative MAF orders for PUT, MY 2160bis

Well, let's be frank. There were appearantly quite some reloads from the Drones, which indicates they made a heavy offensive. I though the Drones would consolidate for this turn.

Ok, in the assumption that we have any PUT base left:
  • If Gardens Point still is ours, and a defender is in that base: obliterate it after scrapping the facility which gives back the most ec's.
  • Same for Cairns.
  • Daintree will surely be gone, but if not, no need to do anything inthere. The base isn't worth anything anyway. Even obliteration wouldn't do any good.
  • I have the most hopes for this base. Normally, a missile SAM chopper should be finished. I propose to use it to fly to Cairns if that base is conquered to check the number and sort of defenders. If only some choppers and light unit, use the chopper to attack them all. Then the (hopefully) still available missile drop scout in Caboolture can drop next to Caboolture and take the base back.

The grander part of this strategy is that then when the turn comes in CC hands, the unit in DBTSverse Portal should be upgraded to a drop scout by using the workshop directly, not Cntrl ShU. I realise that then a lot of units will be upgraded, but this way perhaps we can 'declare' war at PUT, attack and take Caboolture, and obliterate it. I'm not so sure if this is possible anyway. I don't know if pact units can obliterate bases of pact members, or if a 1 movement unit still can obliterate a base after it is taken (it's movement is finished then). I need advise for this.

Also, I haven't checked the rules for this game so throughly, thus this plan can break some rules. I need to look it over.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 26, 2004, 10:00   #76
Impaler[WrG]
King

we should test ouf it its physicaly possible first, I am all for obliterating Caboculture and Cairns but I dont raely see the point of taking out Gardens Point, it can act to slow their advance and when they do finaly take it their wont be much left for them too use.

Also it will be an excelent target for Probe attacks after its taken, otherwise we must sail further north and risk detection and destruction by Drone Aircraft.
Old March 26, 2004, 10:58   #77
GeoModder
Deity

O, I don't expect to see GP as PUT base anyway. Drones and Hive need something to conquer this turn

Since the turn is already in Hive hands, I won't be around to check the PUT turn. I hope that you, Impaler, can assist Obstructor in this.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 26, 2004, 13:25   #78
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Obliterate GP then or not?
Old March 26, 2004, 14:13   #79
GeoModder
Deity

No then. As Impaler has said, it is an easier target for probing.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 26, 2004, 14:23   #80
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Copy that.
Old March 30, 2004, 04:44   #81
GeoModder
Deity

Terrible error on my side, I decided not to obliterate Caboolture when I had the chance.

CyCon is open for a Drone/Hive invasion now.

I will start a poll whether CyCon (CPU is actually finished now) should go on fighting, or accept it's defeat and perhaps adds a affirmative vote on a diplomatic victory for Hive or Drones.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 30, 2004, 05:00   #82
GeoModder
Deity

Ok, I opened the PUT turn.

Only things that can be done is attacking the 2 Hive units. Next turn Caboolture is fallen. Luckily I hurried the AC in DBTSverse, and 2 interceptors can be sent towards that base for air defense.

My proposal is to attack those Hive units, sell a facility and sent all ec's and map info that PUT still has, and end the turn.

Any comments?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 30, 2004, 05:13   #83
Impaler[WrG]
King

Seems that all we can do. Is their anyway to destroy the base with the Copter. Oh and by the way I told you we should have destroyed all thouse bases when we had the chance.

We should switch most of Cycon to stuff like Gass Copters and Plasma Garrisons. We should quite trying to build things like Comand Centers and Airospace Complexs at Production facilites the morale bost isnt worth it, an extra unit is much better.
Old March 30, 2004, 06:48   #84
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Impaler: no, we can't. I tried.

Geomodder: shouldn't we shift the copter over to our bases when it's done, and transfer it to CyCon control? It will certainly come in handy, and we can make it.
Old March 30, 2004, 07:13   #85
GeoModder
Deity

Tentative Military Affairs orders MY 2160bis
  • Impaler transport on 57.55 moves to 65.55, loads two probes there and moves then on to 62.52
  • Impaler transport on 51.53 moves to 52.40
  • Love Boat moves to 52.39
  • Impact Cruiser in Paradigm rehomen and moves then to 47.49
  • Impact Cruiser on 43.53 to Paradigm, and on 'L'eave
  • Impact Marine in Mega Reboot moves to 43.56 OR boards a (possible) hurried transport from Liar's Lair
  • Both interceptors in Pi Square move to DBTSverse Portal
  • Upgrade of the elite rover to a xxmissile rover
  • Upgrade of the two Impact Cruisers to missile SAM cruisers (or xxmissile SAM cruisers?)

Tentative military orders for (possible) hurried units
  • Transport in Liar's Lair to 40.68 (tile south of MR), takes the marine on board and moves on to 44.64

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 30, 2004, 07:18   #86
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
Impaler: no, we can't. I tried.

Geomodder: shouldn't we shift the copter over to our bases when it's done, and transfer it to CyCon control? It will certainly come in handy, and we can make it.
Good idea, need to check the flight times (don't know them out of my head) but perhaps one attack, a move to DBTS and a shift can be done. I'll look it over.

Made the prior suggestion for fighting back to Hive for a first time.

On the other hand: if the Hive drop rover conquers Caboolture, can't it then airdrop next to DBTS?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 30, 2004, 07:21   #87
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

I did a test, and the copter can make it back to DBTSverse Portal and be handed over to us, after destroying both enemy units. Total fuel expended was 7 out of 8.
Old March 30, 2004, 18:43   #88
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
I did a test, and the copter can make it back to DBTSverse Portal and be handed over to us, after destroying both enemy units. Total fuel expended was 7 out of 8.
Great, I'll play the turn like this then.

Attack the 2 Hive units just north of Caboolture, fly it down to DBTS, switch it to CyCon, scrap the kindergarten, transfer all info and energy to CyCon and switch production to a scout or other unit which can be finished in 1 turn.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 30, 2004, 20:49   #89
GeoModder
Deity

GeneralTacticus: how do I turn over a chopper to CyCon when it is in DBTSverse Portal? It turn is spent then. Please don't tell me I had to switch the chopper the tile BEFORE arrival in DBTS.

Edit: forget this, I've found it. Damn this program. It's offen hard to find a way to do things.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 3, 2004, 11:12   #90
GeoModder
Deity

CyCon tentative Military Orders MY 2161
  • Transport on 64.54 moves to 67.45. DO NOT pop that pod nearby.
  • CCS Love Boat moves to 54.30, but let it scout a bit towards 56.30 and enter 54.30 with two movement points left (checking for hostiles or native life).
  • Transport on 52.40 moves to 54.30 (seafungus).
  • Hygeria on 47.49 moves to 43.37 (seafungus).
  • Impact Marine on 41.65 moves to 43.65.
  • Liar's Lair production MUST be finished NEXT turn, check this, and if not, hurry production.
  • Probe foil on 80.74 moves to 84.66.
  • Hygeria in Paradigm stays there.
  • xmissile interceptor in DBTS makes a scout run to Caboolture to see what enemy units are inthere. When known, then we decide on further actions in that area (units in DBTS).
  • Pi Square Probe Team moves to DBTS.
  • Battle Ogre in Logic Loop moves to Apolyton Prime.
  • Plasma Garrison in Boolean Bay moves to Logic Loop.

Did I forgot any unit?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario