Old April 15, 2004, 13:24   #121
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 20:35
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Not ATM, I will now more when that midsave2 arrives, but I suspect simply the execution of the previous orders. Let's wait for that midsave2

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 15, 2004, 13:47   #122
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Warning! While moving needle (Geo those coordinates are wrong, I hope you meant 80,56 and 70,56), following units have been spotted on 74,53 - Drone Disciplind Missle Copter with 30 percent damage, another Drone Disciplined copter with 70 percent damage, and two green drone missle interceptors (no damage)
Old April 15, 2004, 14:03   #123
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

The world has not become insane. Their had to be some attackers nearby.

First thought, upgrade some sort of nearby unit (by workshop, and Pi Square or Zetaris) to some sort of SAM dropper, and in combination with the GeoDropper in Apolyton attack those two interceptors. Then a chopper can take care of the rest. I'll check more throughly when the new midsave is ready, and post my recommandations.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 15, 2004, 14:52   #124
GeoModder
Deity

Ok, nice battle. Too bad you didn't use the gas pods, Obstructor. PEACE would have been gone immediately.

For the Drone air units:
  • create in the workshop a plasma missile drop SAM infantry or plasma impact drop SAM infantry and then upgrade both trance plasma garrisons in the workshop. Both can do the trick.
  • Then drop the GeoDropper and the new drop unit in Pi Square to tile 72.54. Attack both interceptors with them.
  • Bring the least damaged 'Apache' chopper to 73.55 and attack both Drone choppers with it. Then redraw the Apache towards Pi Square.
Rest of the MAF orders
  • CCS Love Boat from 57.32 to 56.24, and further to 52.20 (seafungus)
  • Hygeria from 53.39 to 53.27
  • Bring the missile rover back in Locutus.
  • Probe foil on 84.66 to 92.68 (second attempt for probing Believers next turn)
  • Move both probe teams from Pi Square to Apolyton (in case Hive chooses to chop attack Pi Square).

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Last edited by GeoModder; April 15, 2004 at 14:58.
Old April 15, 2004, 15:03   #125
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
Ok, nice battle. Too bad you didn't use the gas pods, Obstructor. PEACE would have been gone immediately.

I already killed 40000 citizens, nervestapled entire faction, destroyed a faction and you are complaining? I am probavbly the bloodiest Prime Function ever, and my term is only half over
Quote:
For the Drone air units:
[list][*]create in the workshop a plasma missile drop SAM infantry or plasma impact drop SAM infantry and then upgrade both trance plasma garrisons in the workshop. Both can do the trick.[*]Then drop the GeoDropper and the new drop unit in Pi Square to tile 72.54. Attack both interceptors with them.[*]Bring the least damaged 'Apache' chopper to 73.55 and attack both Drone choppers with it. Then redraw the Apache towards Pi Square.
Are you sure it will work? Well I put my trust in my MAF . And you have just been awarded Medal of Peace (got it ).
Old April 15, 2004, 19:40   #126
GeoModder
Deity

If not, accept my resignation...

... but only if you do exactly as I describe and failed...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 15, 2004, 21:24   #127
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:35
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by obstructor

I already killed 40000 citizens, nervestapled entire faction, destroyed a faction and you are complaining? I am probavbly the bloodiest Prime Function ever, and my term is only half over
Sig material!
Old April 16, 2004, 02:28   #128
GeoModder
Deity

Correction, Ob. You forgot to include the DBTS 'borgs...
Consider it a good exercise for when you sent your horrific MW's out to hunt me down...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 16, 2004, 04:46   #129
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Sig material!
I know , but it would give up some faction information to others.

And Geo, this is what I meant when I talked about 40000 cyborgs.
Old April 16, 2004, 09:45   #130
GeoModder
Deity

40000 from Caboolture, 20000 from DBTS. I'm I missing here something?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 16, 2004, 10:18   #131
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Thats the only reason it isn't part of my sig now, obs.
Old April 16, 2004, 10:40   #132
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
40000 from Caboolture, 20000 from DBTS. I'm I missing here something?
, ah yes, but Tass killed the Caboolture
Old April 16, 2004, 10:50   #133
GeoModder
Deity

How's the turn going? Did you find time to get rid of those pesky drones in our territorium?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 16, 2004, 10:56   #134
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

I am just waiting for some IAF orders to finish it.
EDIT BTW that Apache didn`t make it to the Pi, now it is sitting duck
Old April 16, 2004, 11:04   #135
GeoModder
Deity

I knew that, I simply wanted it out of view. On that spot it is only reachable by Hive aircraft, which can be countered again then by our ground units.

What IAF orders?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 16, 2004, 11:53   #136
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 06:35
Quote:

There's some roleplay for you... after a life of destroying and killing you relent and want only to go back to nature's harmony.

Perhaps you can be a general hippy peacenik - opposing nerve gas, nervestapling and, well, everything!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old April 16, 2004, 12:04   #137
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

There's some roleplay for you... after a life of destroying and killing you relent and want only to go back to nature's harmony.

Perhaps you can be a general hippy peacenik - opposing nerve gas, nervestapling and, well, everything!
Actually I plant to
Spoiler:
Did you reall think I will give up my secretplans here

Presend is prepared.
Old April 17, 2004, 08:12   #138
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 06:35
OH well, just ignore me and my thought that posting such a motivation might attract some more interested parties to your faction quest.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old April 18, 2004, 13:58   #139
GeoModder
Deity

MAF tentative orders for MY 2163
  • CCS Love Boat moves to 47.19 (scout run), moves back to 50.20 and does long range fire to that Hive dodgem car.
  • Impaler Transport in Liar's Lair leaves that base, takes impact marine on 43.65 onboard and continues to 43.55 (btw, make sure that the Liar's Lair defender doesn't come along, put it on 'Hold' or something).
  • Apache in Apolyton Prime moves to 74.54 (scout run). If that drone chopper is found there, attack it. If not, return towards Zetaris.
  • Hygeria in Paradigm moves to 46.50.
  • Drop the A3H SAMANIAC near Logic Loop, and move it inbase (support of Believer assault)
  • Move the xmissile chopper in Logic Loop to 80.76 and attack 'The Word of God' Believer base (off course, if we press attack now, otherwise land the chopper in Mythical Matrix).
  • Move the Yangbomber to Apolyton Prime and put it on 'L'.
The following is a suggestion for a revenge run on the drone attack on Locutus.
  • Move the Yangbomber to 64.42 or 65.41 (scout run). If that drone chopper who attacked Locutus is found, attack it --> rename Yangbomber to shrike please.
  • Keep the Apache on 69.57 on standby (don't move it yet) till news has come from the Yangbomber. If more then 1 chopper is found, use it to strike at it (note that we will lose that chopper that way, but enough replacements are coming up IMO).
Ok, I don't want to move the new drop scouts -and base defenders 'till I have more info on how to proceed with the Believers. An option is to do some drop attacks -and upgrades on Believers, but I think it's better to wait till more air support is around.

Btw, Ob, do you guys of the Gaian Republic already have a self appointed turnplayer?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 18, 2004, 14:22   #140
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

No we do not. If you check things you will see that he acknowledges government.
Old April 18, 2004, 15:03   #141
GeoModder
Deity

Then you guys agreed for him to be the turnplayer? I'm just curious here. Seems like Gaian faction is way ahead in organising itself.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 18, 2004, 15:10   #142
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

W agreed him to be main consultant in IAF. We havent decided about the trunplayer but he offered himself because he is GMT+10, and tens to play them long.
Old April 18, 2004, 15:29   #143
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Aiggh Why did you put wo opposing orders in MAF (with yangbomber)- anyway I moved the yangbomber to AP and then read the revenge plan.
Then I moved apache blindly north and found heavily damged drone chopper (it was alone). Apache defeated it, scouted one tile NW and then crashed.
And I made a huge mistake while moving chopper from LL - I use the mouse so the chopper auto went through MM and now it just sits there (stupid feature). If attack on believers is viable we should then replay this turn from midsave (and that is forbidden). I am a bad turnplayer since I made this stupid mistake.
Old April 18, 2004, 16:06   #144
GeoModder
Deity

Well, no harm done. This means the Yangbomber will start repairing a turn sooner, so that's good.
Glad you found that Drone Chopper, may it burn in hell

As for the 'mismove' of the xmissile chopper, it doesn't matter that much. This way the Believer base grid can be scouted first before attack, and directly invaded by the drop unit in Logic Loop. That did work out, yes? That triplex SAMANIAC dropper is in LL now? Don't answer, I'll find out for myself tomorrow morning. Now off to bed...

Edit:

Do as me, Obstructor. Learn from this endgame. I've made 2-3 tactical errors already as well.
I'm starting to think their was a chance we didn't have to lose that transport and marine in Locutus. If I only let you put the missile rover two tiles NW of Crossbone onshore, and order a (not executed) gas attack on that base, PEACE would have been obliterated for game purposes as well. Then that transport could have sailed to a seafungus tile and perhaps not been discovered.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 18, 2004, 16:21   #145
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

one thing: our turn limit expires in about six or seven hours
And I wont be available in next 20 hours.
If there is a time pressure someone should play the turn before me.
We can have a 24 hours extension, right?
Old April 18, 2004, 16:44   #146
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
Then you guys agreed for him to be the turnplayer? I'm just curious here. Seems like Gaian faction is way ahead in organising itself.
I can`t stop thinking, but is some willing to change his decision and join us. Basically we already decided all thins in organisation except filling in all positions. We are already making scenarios of early strategies. We maintain a high degree of communication and flexibility.
This is a shameless ad, but we are the best choice to join. All others are inferior.
Old April 18, 2004, 21:13   #147
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 11:35
Dont use X missle Choppers to attack Belivers you waste the Population we should be capturing.

Also ther is no need to launch the attack this moment, we can build up for a turn or 2 first.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old April 19, 2004, 08:21   #148
GeoModder
Deity

No gassing of bases then. Can you find yourself in gassing of units outside bases?

MAF tentative orders MY 2164

Comments on the broad situation and some notes.
  • Solar storm, communications interrupted. Hive/Drones can't win the game by council proposal for the next 20 years.
  • Hive attacks Angels between Googleplex and Roze Function with needlejets, defenses of Conshelf 57 are gone.
  • Blessed Saviour (Believers) contains the majority of Believer attack forces, nicely concentrated thus.
  • Time to change Sea of Indecision and Yardlong Island to new names (Sea of Decision and Begone Island?)
  • Hive Probe Cruiser has left Dacolopolis. They might saving energy now for a mindcontrol of some base (Atlantis?)
And then the orders:
  • Keep 180 ec in reserve for (possible) upgrading of drop scouts to GeoDroppers.
  • Rehome one of the Impact Marines in Atlantis to Atlantis (watch out, the other one is independant).
  • Bring the Impaler Transport next to Atlantis and let ALL units in that base board the transport, the, moves to 48.46.
  • Hygeria scouts a bit to the north (46.42), then to the east (50.42) then south to 50.46.
  • Love Boat to 56.24, then to 54.28.
  • Probe skimship in And/Or Gate to 88.60.
  • Xmissile chopper in Boolean Bay to 80.78, kill all units in Word of God, then wait till Word of God is droptaken, then land in that base.
  • SAMANIAC in Logic Loop drops near Word of God and takes the base.
  • Xmissile chopper in Mythical Matrix moves to 81.75, awaiting specific orders on the situation I'll see (or killing units north of Word of God, or press further to The Lords Mercy or Blessed Saviour and attack one of those bases).
  • Apache to 66.52, then to 54.52, and the last run to Thermal Tassagrad for repairing.
  • Drop scout in Mythical Matrix and Aurora on standby (possible upgrade or droptake Blessed Saviour), wait on my Word of Approval .
  • Upgrade the probe defences in Triplex to probe drop defence (infantry movement, Obstructor!!!). This is low urgency, so only if sufficient energy is left.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 19, 2004, 08:28   #149
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
one thing: our turn limit expires in about six or seven hours
And I wont be available in next 20 hours.
If there is a time pressure someone should play the turn before me.
We can have a 24 hours extension, right?
Our time limit expires around 10 PM this evening (19/4). If you're not back by then I sent the last midsave to Tassadar (after hitting 'end turn', off course).

Check IAF thread for some remarks on production choices.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 19, 2004, 08:29   #150
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Solar storm, communications interrupted. Hive/Drones can't win the game by council proposal for the next 20 years.
Oh, and we can all commit atrocities with impunity.