Old April 19, 2004, 08:33   #151
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 20:35
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Indeed . To bad this didn't happened a turn sooner. Nerve stapling ALL our population without sanctions.

BTW, shouldn't we press that Hive/Drones can't communicate with each other now?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 19, 2004, 11:41   #152
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 11:35
Logic Loop and Word of God are more then 8 tiles apart, units in Aurora can be used to take Word of God though. We should upgrade all the cheap scout patrols out in that area to drop scouts or Drop Plasma Garrisons so as to take beliver bases.

Do you inted to use the Foill Probe against Anvil of Man? If so I aprove.

I dont see the purpose of these GeoDropper Squads? Are they for retaliating against Yang Bombers? If so an Impact AirSuperiority Chopper would be better and Cheaper. The GeoDroppers are going to suffer -50% after a drop so they can attack at best at level 3 power and even less vs a ground unit.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old April 19, 2004, 11:53   #153
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Sorry, you're right. No GeoDropper upgrade then. Besides, only one SAM capable Hive unit around anyway.

I'll double check the distance LL-WoG, but initial check showed me I could drop just outside the base and then walk in.

And yes, Anvil of Man is a logical target, but if it is reachable...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 19, 2004, 12:09   #154
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus

Oh, and we can all commit atrocities with impunity.
I forgot to mention oviously, but when I was nervestapling CPU I got message that solar storm prvented others from learning that. Though you knew about solar, since I assumed this is from more turns since I didn`t get solar storm warning. Sanctions are for DBTS, and we 8 or so more years to go.
Old April 19, 2004, 13:07   #155
GeoModder
Deity

Good, so we can nerve staple CyCon a second time if we live that long.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 20, 2004, 03:57   #156
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 05:35
Local Date: November 3, 2010
If we survive 20 years under sunspots, I'd count that a pretty hefty victory over the Hive/Drone alliance.
Old April 20, 2004, 11:36   #157
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

I think that should be our goal, survive atleast untill the end of sun spot activity. That would be a heroic acomplishment vs what we are up against. Who is with me?
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old April 20, 2004, 12:14   #158
GeoModder
Deity

Naturally!

I therefore propose to construct a sea colony pod somewhere as well and sent if off in the black south. Takes a bit longer then before that 'last base' is reached.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 20, 2004, 16:16   #159
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Old April 20, 2004, 18:33   #160
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder

BTW, shouldn't we press that Hive/Drones can't communicate with each other now?
They won't be able to exchange techs or credits during that period without the cumbersome procedure of probing by mutual consent (thus avoiding the "must declare vendetta" requirement)

Generally in those team PBEMs continued contact is allowed by e-mail etc (and the Hive and Drones have their private forums similar to what you and PEACE had) so unless you want to ask Tass specifically for a ruling on this make the assumption that co-ordination and communication will still occur

(of course, in-game, if you were pacted with an AI faction, during sunspot activity you wouldn't be able to "co-ordinate battle plans", so a case could be made that it should be banned among human factions as well)
Old April 24, 2004, 18:00   #161
GeoModder
Deity

Ok, quick check of the turn. Nothing happened. Hive is appearantly quick researching now (starting Bio-engineering, 4 turns), so they finished Planetary Economics. Drones are busy with Adaptive Doctrine, so have finished Optical Computers. Appearantly Drones are aiming for Advanced Military Algorithms. I estimate they have it within 8-10 turns.

MAF tentative orders MY 2164 (repeat)
  • Time to change Sea of Indecision and Yardlong Island to new names (Sea of Decision and Begone Island?)
  • Rehome one of the Impact Marines in Atlantis to Atlantis (watch out, the other one is independant).
  • Bring the Impaler Transport next to Atlantis and let ALL units in that base board the transport, then moves to 48.46.
  • Hygeria scouts a bit to the north (46.42), then to the east (50.42) then south to 50.46.
  • Love Boat to 56.24, then to 54.28.
  • Probe skimship in And/Or Gate to 88.60.
  • Xmissile chopper in Boolean Bay to 80.78, kill all units in Word of God, then wait till Word of God is droptaken, then land in that base.
  • SAMANIAC in Logic Loop drops near Word of God and takes the base.
  • Xmissile chopper in Mythical Matrix moves to 81.75, awaiting specific orders on the situation I'll see (or killing units north of Word of God, or press further to The Lords Mercy or Blessed Saviour and attack one of those bases).
  • Apache to 66.52, then to 54.52, and the last run to Thermal Tassagrad for repairing.
  • Drop scout in Mythical Matrix and Aurora on standby (possible upgrade or droptake Blessed Saviour), wait on my Word of Approval .
  • Upgrade the probe defences in Triplex to probe drop defence (infantry movement, Obstructor!!!). This is low urgency, so only if sufficient energy is left.

Any unit left is hold in reserve for unexpected circumstances, I'm also thinking of moving a probe to Believer ground for a mindcontrol try of Blessed Saviour in a few turns.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Last edited by GeoModder; April 24, 2004 at 18:16.
Old April 24, 2004, 18:35   #162
GeoModder
Deity

O yes, for the Prime Function. Because of a population worry from the Internal Affairs Function, no nerve gas attacks may be executed against bases.
However, any believer unit outside a base may be surrounded by a deadly cloud

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 24, 2004, 23:29   #163
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:35
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I agree with that, we need all the population we can get.
Old April 25, 2004, 03:29   #164
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Who opted for nerve gas attack on bases anyway?
Turn shall be played ii 4,5 hours.
Old April 25, 2004, 04:23   #165
GeoModder
Deity

I had a dream last night...

CyCon constructs a few CP's and quite some PT's, puts them in a transport and sails to Yardlong. Their, within drop distance of a drone base, a base get founded (coastal), the transport comes in, unloads his PT's (by then upgraded to drop PT's) and in the same turn drop near a drone base and probe rapes and infiltrates the drones. Those guys are doing all the research regarding AMA ATM.

This plan can already start by upgrading those 2 probe defences in Triplex to drop probes (my guess is that for such an 'attack' only a probe with 1 movement is needed, cutting the production costs a bit).

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 25, 2004, 16:38   #166
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Interesting dream Geo. But test it first please somehow.
Old April 25, 2004, 16:46   #167
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Unfortunately it won't work. While drop combat units still have their movement points left after the drop, this does not count for non-combat units: the turns of units such as colony pods and probe teams are ended immediately after the drop. I assume Firaxis realized how powerful drop probe teams could be and therefore created this rule.
Old April 25, 2004, 17:03   #168
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...64-midsave.zip

First midsave , jsut taken first Believeing abse. Unfortuantely I do not have time to turnplay it fully tonight, but I will do it tommorow morning . Anyway make plans to conquer Believers Bye.
Old April 25, 2004, 19:12   #169
GeoModder
Deity

Ok, MAF invasion orders for the Believers, MY 2164
These replace previous given invasion orders.
  • xchopper on 79.77 moves in Word of God, attacks the former on 80.78 (gas attack) and then the impact squad on 81.75 (gas attack)
  • SAManiac in Logic Loop drop at 81.75 and moves in The Word of God and continues to the Glory of God to take that base. Put that unit in 'Hold' then.
  • xchopper in Mythical Matrix moves to 80.74, destroys two units on tile 82.74 (gas attack) and continues to 82.80 to attack Blessed Saviour, then waits till the drop scout from Mythical Matrix takes Blessed Saviour. Moves inbase after conquest.
  • As above indicated, Mythical Matrix drop scout drops at 82.80, takes Blessed Saviour.
  • Missile Rotor in Mythical Matrix moves to The Work of God, and goes in air alert.
3 bases taken, not bad for a Mission Year's work...

Btw, Maniac. Thanks for your insight.
Obstructor, the upgrade of the probe defence teams is off then, just put them in the transport that passes by Triplex. We'll bring them to Thermal and Mega by conventional means then.
But upgrade the regular probe teams to probe drop teams. The unit already exists in the workshop. I propose to drop one to a base on the east coast of Trantor (Aurora, Mythical Matrix, doesn't matter).
Longterm plan is to drop it further in the new acquired territory and eventual mindcontrol that base with the many impact units AFTER New Jerusalem is conquered

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 26, 2004, 04:24   #170
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Three bases taken.

I still need full IAF and MAF.
I will check forums tonight for them.
Old April 26, 2004, 06:30   #171
GeoModder
Deity

MAF remaining orders MY 2164
  • Rehome one of the Impact Marines in Atlantis to Atlantis (watch out, the other one is independant).
  • Bring the Impaler Transport next to Atlantis and let ALL units in that base board the transport, then moves to 48.46.
  • Hygeria scouts a bit to the north (46.42), then to the east (50.42) and attacks the Hive laser foil it saw earlier from that position with longrange fire.
  • Love Boat to 56.24, then to 54.28.
  • Probe skimship in And/Or Gate to 88.60.
  • Apache to 66.52, then to 54.52, and the last run to Thermal Tassagrad for repairing.
  • New transport cruiser in Casablanca moves near Triplex and let the probe defences board that transport (watch out that the defender of the departing bases stays behind!!).
  • New xmissile chopper in Athena moves to Mythical Matrix.
  • Upgrade those drop scouts in the workshop to drop missile infantry (Drogue Droppers? ) and use those in the former Believer bases to destroy the Believer formers near them.
  • If sufficient ec's left, upgrade the probe teams in Apolyton Prime to drop probe teams, and move one at 76.72, and seek shelter in Mythical Matrix.

Tentative requests from MAF regarding production
  • Athena: transport cruiser
  • Casablanca: probe cruiser
  • Triplex: hurry
  • Megabyteville: perhaps hurry (if ec's left)
  • Atlantis: boy scout
  • Mega Reboot: hurry
  • Pi Square: Aerospace Complex
  • Locutus: switch to colony pod/sea colony pod OR hurry production
  • Apolyton: drop missile infantry (Drogue Dropper )
  • Logic Loop: probe team
  • Mythical Matrix: plasma defender
  • Binary Bastion: hurry production

Question1: on what base does IAF (Impaler, and you as well, I think) plans to construct CDF?
Question2: why did you move the chopper on 79.77 not first in Word of God as requested? It could still fight from within that base. Now it can't be used for attacks next turn.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 26, 2004, 14:42   #172
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Wouldn`t his movement stop if inside a base, thus preventing the attack on units? Air units act weird when passing through bases. I thought it would freeze when within
Old April 26, 2004, 16:45   #173
GeoModder
Deity

You could have asked if you had doubt. I was online then.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 26, 2004, 17:10   #174
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

By obstructors request done MAF orders.

Everything went just fine except that the Love Boat didnt make it to the desired destination (54,28) because of the seafungus, it is now at the 55,27.

Hygeria succesfull, believer formers dealt with. The one drop probe team wasnt able to jump due to bad weather conditions so it was forced to march through the roads and is now at 78,72 just east of LL. Water bottles sent.

Didnt do anything at locutus or megabyteville due to the leaders(PF) unableness to answer wich one to prefer.

Is there a reason why none of the former believer bases have stockpile energy at the end of the queue? Added that just in case.

midsave at:

http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...4-midsave3.zip

- Paul Valery
Old April 26, 2004, 17:23   #175
GeoModder
Deity

Thank you, Lauri. I'll see the turn and will presend then if I don't see a reason to change anything.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 27, 2004, 14:28   #176
Impaler[WrG]
King

My apologies for fail to posting IA orders, my monitor crapped out on me and thus my whole computer was been useless, I hope to have the thing working again before the next turn.
Old April 28, 2004, 10:58   #177
GeoModder
Deity

Prepared some MAF orders. As usual, to little hardware, to many tasks

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 28, 2004, 15:19   #178
GeoModder
Deity

Tentative MAF orders, MY 2165
  • Both Drop Probe teams on the move to Mythical Matrix, and rest there
  • Missile Interceptor in Triplex to 62.58
  • Impaler transport near Triplex moves to 55.63, unloads one probe team to Megabyteville, then continues to 54.58 and unloads second probe team in Thermal Tassagrad
  • CCS Love Boat scouts to 59.27 --> 59.31 --> 57.35 (sea fungus)
  • Impaler transport on 48.46 scouts to 42.46 --> 41.45 --> 42.40
  • Hygeria scouts to 50.38 --> 42.38 --> 42.40 (do first the transport, I suspect that Hive probe cruiser in that area around this turn)
  • GeoDropper in Apolyton drops in An/Or Gate and kills that drone chopper
  • I propose to station the noodle interceptor from Logic Loop to Mythical Matrix, and bring the rotor on 80.76 (near Word of God) to 74.66 (tile south of Zetaris).
  • Move Zetaris Plasma Garrison to 74.66 and put it on Hold
  • Noodle in Apolyton moves to Mythical Matrix
Believer invasion:
Obstructor, gas all Believer units outside bases, do not gas units inside bases.
  • Chopper on 80.76 to 83.79 (avoid bases), and then if it has sufficient strength to kill those formers nearby, gas them . Afterwards landing in Blessed Saviour
  • Xchopper in Mythical Matrix moves to Hand of God (86.72), kills defender there and continues to 88.78 for scouting, attacks then the synthmetal garrison on 86.78, whichafter it lands in Glory of God. If it has sufficient movements, attack units spotted on the way as well
  • Xchopper in Blessed Saviour moves to 87.81, kills defenders of Lord's Mercy and then goes back to Glory of God
  • The SAManiac in Glory of God is kept in reserve in case it looks feasible to take The Lord's Mercy, but for now I prefer to wait for this one more turn till our drop probes are both in Mythical Matrix and ready to drop directly in Lord's Mercy next turn
  • Something that can be done: drop the Drogue Dropper into Hand of God.
That's about all I can see now. Believers are ATM in Frontier politics, this means that it is possible to mindcontrol Blessed Saviour with it's 17 impact units AFTER New Jerusalem is droptaken, so Believer inefficiency is 100% then (HQ gone). So perhaps spending very little money on hurrying this turn and next turn so we sure have enough cash to mindprobe that base.

Things to watch for:
  • Believer Impact cruiser
  • Hive probe cruiser (started in Dacolopolis)
  • Hive transport cruiser (missing long time)
  • Drone probe foil (the one used near Gold Coast)
Hive intentions as seen in the F4 screen:
  • Rubinite is full of air units and several drop units (22.34). I suspect to see a drop-and-chop invasion in progress when the turn comes back.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Last edited by GeoModder; April 29, 2004 at 18:30.
Old April 28, 2004, 17:09   #179
GeoModder
Deity

Ok, seen the turn. Appearantly, Hive keeps it's hands off CyCon ATM, only Drone chopper attacks. We lost 8 units, most of them farmers and crawlers + base defenders of Pi Square and And/Or Gate. Only 1 drone chopper is visible and can be killed.

It looks like Buster is doing his attack in 2 stages trick again. He parks his choppers somewhere out of view first turn, in the second makes his attack run and then or let his choppers disintegrate or looses them due to a lack of hit points when landing in the field the second turn.

Believer chopper tried an attack on or near Word of God (my guess is the damaged Xmissile chopper next to Word of God), but was killed by our scrambled missile rotor in Mythical Matrix.
I will therefore edit the attack plans on the Believers regarding the latest info.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old May 2, 2004, 21:49   #180
Impaler[WrG]
King

8 UNITS!! My god ware is the Air Defence?? We cant operate under this kind of punishment, start pumping out SAM Impact Neddle Jets for air defence.