Old June 22, 2004, 13:53   #211
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:35
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder

Well, Hive did after all fire the first shot. For two turns Hive-CyCon forces were flirting with violence and it seems Hive couldn't manage the pressure...
It's nothing about pressure. I didn't feel any pressure. I didn't even considered that CP as dangerous, being as green as I was. Plus we don't think that CP is rightfully yours anyway.

Quote:
Besides, those two remarks contradict eachother.
Why is wanting to attack you contradict with wanting you to stop attacking PEACE?

Quote:
In that situation, I would have, unless another noodle was in the area. But I think there were two tiles free in which I could move a cruiser in the strait near that last PEACE schooner.
You mean you could have bombard it anyways right?

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 22, 2004, 13:56   #212
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Quote:
Could Hive ward off 3 cruisers and 4 ground troops then?
No I don't think so. We could afford doing so I think, but we were not that committed to the PEACE.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 22, 2004, 14:02   #213
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 20:35
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
It's nothing about pressure. I didn't feel any pressure. I didn't even considered that CP as dangerous, being as green as I was. Plus we don't think that CP is rightfully yours anyway.
nahnahnah...

Quote:
Why is wanting to attack you contradict with wanting you to stop attacking PEACE?
Because CyCon wanted something as well out of that situation...

Quote:
You mean you could have bombard it anyways right?
As long as 1 tile was free to move into the strait, I could move a cruiser in it. Two could reach it and bombard it.
At the time a whole discussion took place on what targets to choose. The choice was to completely destroy the Hive fleet in the area, destroy the PEACE schooner and some Hive forces (a mix of ships and/or chopper) or solely concentrate on the PEACE warboat. I was in favor of destroying as much as possible, but didn't pull that off in the poll. Too honest in the resulting losses on our side. Most of CyCon couldn't live with the loss of 2-3 cruisers for that mission.
Old June 22, 2004, 14:05   #214
Snowflake
Princess

You are such a warhead.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 22, 2004, 14:09   #215
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Remember, I called myself tactical adequate...

And I was only a warhead for the circumstances. Sofar I'm the most peacelovin' guy around in most of my PBEM's.

I suspect something sneaky from t_ras in the near future for instance, one of his probes is missing...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old June 22, 2004, 14:24   #216
Snowflake
Princess

Oh my.

/me orders production of probes, lower pact status to treaty.

Do you fully realize the effect of that last statement of yours Geo?

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 22, 2004, 14:34   #217
GeoModder
Deity

It is mainly a worry for me. I'm easier to probe in case he wants to do so. I have no objective evidence, just a nugget of suspicion.

Besides, I don't really know the diplomatic status of LongRoad, not much communication sofar with the other players, despite that everybody is pacted to eachother. I'm simply making the best of it, hadn't expected University to be that low in the graphs.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old June 22, 2004, 14:40   #218
Snowflake
Princess

Macro was new, never played a pbem before. That was why we went the peaceful development rout. He could have been taken out long time ago.

However, now with you as the university, things certainly changed. And look who is the first one who brought in the military perspective. The effect of that last statment of yours is not about t-ras, dear Geo. It is about the mindset of a strong warhead.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 22, 2004, 15:10   #219
GeoModder
Deity

It is the mindset of someone who seas the strongest player around plonging bases closer and closer and closer to his territory, and the other ones not very keen on trading or talking.
The federation is literally in the middle of it all. I'll just continue peacefull development since it's the only thing I can do atm. Not looking for reasons to show the less nice side of the Gaians, don't you Lady HongHu?

The 'things certainly changed' sounds not so peacefull as well...

Anyway, wanna trade to ensure a long and everlasting glorious future?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old June 22, 2004, 15:18   #220
Snowflake
Princess

The federation has a large backyard, unlike the Gaians, who needs to use whatever ground she can find, great dune or not.

And the Gaians doesn't have a less nice side.

Plus I almost preaccepted a tech trade to you, and didn't even consider the posibility of somebody snatchs a tech and runs.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 22, 2004, 15:19   #221
Snowflake
Princess

And don't assume I don't know what's in your mind. You get a crucial tech while giving her a not so crucial tech and increasing her tech cost.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 22, 2004, 15:29   #222
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
The federation has a large backyard, unlike the Gaians, who needs to use whatever ground she can find, great dune or not. Plus I almost preaccepted a tech trade to you, and didn't even consider the posibility of somebody snatchs a tech and runs.
Can't run, can't hide, you got plenty of sea to expand in and the MCC in your pocket at request since that is part of the pré-accepted tech deal. I already own you my first offensive unit, an an important technology roleplaywise for the Gaians, and plenty of goodwill for the gift the Federation received at the change of presidents. Ask Rubin if you need to be convinced, I always make up for the things I own people.

And don't you try pulling a 'CyCon members snatches tech' routine on me. Wasn't involved in CyCon at that time.

Quote:
And the Gaians doesn't have a less nice side.
A bit premature posted, I suppose...
Old June 22, 2004, 15:35   #223
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
And don't you try pulling a 'CyCon members snatches tech' routine on me. Wasn't involved in CyCon at that time.
Alright. I said I didn't consider it after all.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 22, 2004, 15:35   #224
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
And don't assume I don't know what's in your mind. You get a crucial tech while giving her a not so crucial tech and increasing her tech cost.
The Gaian research rate is plenty enough to carry the 'burden' of what you claim to consider a not so crucial tech for this PBEM. What is the water/land ratio again?

All the limiting techs are close to being in the pocket, thus the Gaians are on the track to whatever victory you see fit.

But hey, the Federation wishes the best for the Gaians, they have showed themselfes trustworthy and wasn't coop victory allowed?

Quote:
Alright. I said I didn't consider it after all.
You're a woman, those hints speak louder then words...
Old June 22, 2004, 15:38   #225
Snowflake
Princess

Hmmm that's a good suggestion. Now will you teach me a little about how to play good in water?

Quote:
You're a woman, those hints speak louder then words...
I only thought about it today ok? After somebody mentioned something about a probe.

Don't pretend you know woman so much. Who told you I am a woman?

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 22, 2004, 15:39   #226
GeoModder
Deity

Already gave some hints in that PBEM thread in which you are the pirates. Haven't readed it yet?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old June 22, 2004, 15:41   #227
GeoModder
Deity

But for Gaian benefits, go for planet techs which increase the mineral output Gaians receive from seafungus. Next to tiles with kelp/tidal harnesses some tiles with seafungus to increase mineral output of the seabase

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old June 22, 2004, 15:43   #228
GeoModder
Deity

But for Gaian benefits, go for planet techs which increase the mineral output Gaians receive from seafungus. Next to tiles with kelp/tidal harnesses some tiles with seafungus to increase mineral output of the seabase

Quote:
Don't pretend you know woman so much. Who told you I am a woman?
Who told you I'm male?

I was not the one posting a certain picture somewhere with /me attached.
Old June 22, 2004, 15:43   #229
Snowflake
Princess

You talked about popping pods. There is no pods in that pbem. The pops is not that crucial in longroad too, I believe. I need to know how one develop her sea bases being so lack of minerals, and what she should do to make sure the safty of the sea bases.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 22, 2004, 15:47   #230
Snowflake
Princess

Ahh you read my mind. Plenet techs huh? Hmmm... Will that do for pirates?

As for male, I didn't assume you are a man at all. I just assumed you are a warhead.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 22, 2004, 15:47   #231
GeoModder
Deity

Mmm, I'll stop editing my post last minute now...

Okay, you're in the north of the LongRoad map, close to the northpole. If you have sufficient formers, transfer them to there (or a small isle for that matter) let those construct mines-boreholes on it, and found your seabases close around. I'm using the same tactic in the Naval Clash PBEM. For the rest, trawl seaminerals, construct mining platforms on them and found a seabase close by so they stay within your territorial waters.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old June 22, 2004, 15:48   #232
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Ahh you read my mind. Plenet techs huh? Hmmm... Will that do for pirates?
Edit: Pirates don't need planet techs for fungus minerals, they already have a mineral a shelf tile, and that's usually sufficient.
Old June 22, 2004, 15:51   #233
Snowflake
Princess

Why would one want sea bases, if it's not because they have run out of land? Sea bases generate fast growth for sure, but they are useless if they don't produce anything?

And for pirates, what can they do if they don't have formers in the start and are in the middle of the sea?

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 22, 2004, 15:52   #234
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Ahh you read my mind.
Nope, I 'receive' drifts and emotions, I'm empathic!!!

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old June 22, 2004, 15:54   #235
Snowflake
Princess

Awww another empathic. An empathic with a warhead. Very dangerous kind indeed.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 22, 2004, 15:55   #236
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Old June 22, 2004, 15:56   #237
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Why would one want sea bases, if it's not because they have run out of land? Sea bases generate fast growth for sure, but they are useless if they don't produce anything?
Energy output is good at sea, and energy pays facilities fairly cheap. Also, rehoming crawlers can do the trick.

Quote:
And for pirates, what can they do if they don't have formers in the start and are in the middle of the sea?
Go on a looting trip
But for a more peacefull way, just drift around till you find a spot with 2 bonus tiles in the base radius. It is too bad that no pods are in that Pirate PBEM of yours, since those can give several prime kelp sites as well.
Old June 22, 2004, 16:16   #238
Snowflake
Princess

You can't really loot a land base if you only have foils. Then if you make some rovers they don't have much advantages over others.

If you are fortunete to find some bonus tiles that are far away from each other, it is even harder to defense your bases.

I think it is very hard to play.

And obstructor I think you need to be careful with your dancing bananas. When your army of dancing bananas reaches a hundred I'm sure it'll become quite attractive to the mod's banning rods.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 22, 2004, 16:42   #239
GeoModder
Deity

Without pods, it is hard to play. But about that looting, think wider!

It's not about taking other factions bases, that is indeed impossible. Instead, you could try to bribe some energy from them so that you will stop bombarding their infrastructure and formers.
It works only with players off course, and has certain drawbacks on the long run...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old June 22, 2004, 16:51   #240
Chaunk
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 18:35
Bear in mind that bombarding peoples infrastructure doesn't change your diplomatic status. You can bomb your pact mate's or treaty partner's territory with no change to vendetta. Which can be interesting when they notice that various boreholes are now missing