Old February 29, 2004, 23:46   #1
Solomwi
lifer
C3CDG Desolation RowPtWDG2 Monty PythonCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 13:36
Local Date: November 2, 2010
What the heck?
I'm currently playing as Germany, under Democracy, at war with America and the Aztecs (both their declarations) for about the last 18-19 turns, in which it's pretty much gone my way. As soon as I researched Radio and hit the modern era (the only drastic change I'm aware of), my FP core went to hell. Smolensk went from producing 106 shields, with 4 wasted to producing 70 with 22 wasted. The rest of the second core cities followed suit. Was this intentional (and if so, was it documented), or is it something else I missed the fix for in my absence?
"They say if you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. But if you teach a man to fish...then he has to get a fishing license. But he doesn't have any money, so he has to get a job and enter the social security system. And he has to file taxes, and you're gonna audit the poor son of a ***** because he's not really good at math. You pull the IRS van up to his house and take everything. You take his velvet Elvis and his toothbrush and his penis pump and that all goes up for auction with the burden of proof on you because you forgot to carry the 1. All because you wanted to eat a fish, and you couldn't even cook the fish because you need a permit for an open flame."
- Doug Stanhope
Old March 1, 2004, 00:23   #2
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I notice you say the war is going your way. I assume the number of cities under your control is rising? That can drive up corruption, especially for cities with a bad rank (cities farther away from your palace than many other cities; this can especially be a problem for FP core cities since the FP does not affect rank/Optimal City Number corruption anymore).
Old March 1, 2004, 00:33   #3
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 14:36
Any cities that had been in We Love somebody, drop out of it? War Weariness set in finally? Additional cies captured to drive you over the OCN?
Old March 1, 2004, 01:01   #4
Solomwi
lifer
C3CDG Desolation RowPtWDG2 Monty PythonCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I may be looking at this too much like PTW, but I considered the conquering I was doing. IIRC, though, those outer cities getting conquered shouldn't affect the inner core cities.

Kloreep, if the FP no longer affects rank corruption, how has my second core been as productive as PTW second cores up to this point? I'm really puzzled now, so I may be reading you wrong. Or was this a patch issue that changed it to what you're saying? If they changed that in 1.15, it would explain things.

Vmxa, I don't think it's happiness related at all. Taking Smolensk as the test case, I can open the save (with everything looking like it did before and everybody happy), then bump up the lux slider and everybody's still happy, but the production drops to 70.

I just tested by abandoning all the cities I've taken in the last few turns, making peace and jacking up the lux slider and it made no difference. It seems to be tied to the entry into the modern age, but how baffles me.

One last note, the change didn't take effect until I changed the lux slider. I'll try to get a save posted here in a minute.
"They say if you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. But if you teach a man to fish...then he has to get a fishing license. But he doesn't have any money, so he has to get a job and enter the social security system. And he has to file taxes, and you're gonna audit the poor son of a ***** because he's not really good at math. You pull the IRS van up to his house and take everything. You take his velvet Elvis and his toothbrush and his penis pump and that all goes up for auction with the burden of proof on you because you forgot to carry the 1. All because you wanted to eat a fish, and you couldn't even cook the fish because you need a permit for an open flame."
- Doug Stanhope
Old March 1, 2004, 01:05   #5
Solomwi
lifer
Emperor

Here's the save:

http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...nyII1735AD.SAV

Once downloaded, just go to city advisor and sort by production. Smolensk should be at the top. If it is, try moving the science slider either way and see what happens.

Vmxa, also meant to add that I'm pretty sure I've been well over the OCN for a while now, but I always thought that was more a "boundary" at which point the cities were all single shield/single commerce producers.
- Doug Stanhope
Old March 1, 2004, 01:10   #6
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 14:36
Maybe alexman can shed some light on it as it nothing I have heard off.
Old March 1, 2004, 01:14   #7
Solomwi
lifer
Emperor

Never mind, just found the readme for 1.15. Ugh.

I'm sure it's been kicked around, but why would they take one aspect of the game that has worked since day 1 and change it now? Sure wish I'd known that before putting my MA in my FP core.

Edit: Just realized I never mentioned the specific problem. I installed 1.15 in the middle of that turn.
- Doug Stanhope