Old March 5, 2004, 11:42   #1
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 14:46
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The First Turn!!!!!!!!!!
Since it looks like we will be kicking off this game FINALLY this weekend, I thought I would post a thread on the first turn.

My thoughts are we get a screen shot of the starting location, post it and then get some comments here. We have 24 hours to play so we can probably post the picture for some hours, get comments and move forward.

After we build the first city, the turns will get kind of boring until we at least get the first warrior. Those turns can go a little quicker.

We will also be playing while chatting so I encourage whoever can make it to chat with us when we play the first turn.

Any other comments or ideas to maximize participation?
Old March 5, 2004, 13:36   #2
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 13:46
you friggin tease. i spit out part of a doughnut when i read that, and now it's got floor crud all over it.

thats a sin, or something.
Old March 5, 2004, 14:28   #3
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Driving you nuts is one of my reasons to exist Uber

Im serious about this. The UN basically voted to start this weekend and let the mods finish the tweaking of the rules.

Now we may not get the turn this weekend, because we will be at the end of the turn order, but it will happen soon enough.

Unless of course the map is not done, we are trying to find one of the admin guys right now.

But keep spitting out the donut, we are getting ready to begin
Old March 5, 2004, 15:01   #4
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 03:46
Local Date: November 3, 2010
cool, looking forward to it.

will you be posting something here when it arrives
(as I subscribed to it to get a email when there is activity on this thread) just so I know... thanks
Old March 5, 2004, 15:23   #5
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Yep, I Togas or OCT_X will post the opening picture when it happens. As the "START" develops at the UN Ill post updates here.

We should try and get WhiteBandit to join so he can set us up one of those email groups. For ease of forwarding the saves.

If any of you see him in chat or where ever please ask him
Old March 5, 2004, 15:43   #6
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:46
I have begun the recruitment of WhiteBandit.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2004, 15:45   #7
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Where exactly is the information about which teams are in which game and what the turn order is?
Old March 5, 2004, 15:46   #8
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 10:46
No need to recruit for I am already here!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
WhiteBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2004, 15:47   #9
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Anyway, what would you like the address to be?

apolyton-c3c@rockbandit.net ?

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old March 5, 2004, 15:51   #10
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteBandit
Anyway, what would you like the address to be?

apolyton-c3c@rockbandit.net ?
Sounds good to me.

Why dont you set up a thread for people to post emails in who want to get the save.? Thanks WB

BF, I have not seen a recent turn order from Elucidus. I was just guessing based on the work we did about a month ago when the team split up came out, and we bounced availablity times.

So I assume we will be last in the turn order for our game.
Old March 6, 2004, 16:55   #11
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I will be in #c3cisdg (holydoughnut) chatroom all day Saturday and perhaps Sunday awaiting the possible start. If something happens, I'll post in here.

You can make comments here or in chat.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2004, 01:38   #12
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 18:46
Has there been any word about the save being sent around yet?
Donegeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2004, 01:41   #13
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Nope. Things seem to be going slowly...

Heck, I'm just hoping for a screenshot so we can start planning, at this point.
Old March 7, 2004, 03:15   #14
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 06:46
/me opens an eye on the forum....

Should I start another archive, of IDG saves this time?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2004, 09:05   #15
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Yes you can start and archive, thanks!

On the turn, there has been a lot of activity at the UN, confirming preferred play times, asking for passwords and emails, confirming a turn order, BUT still no discussion of passing around a save.

:sigh:

Lets see what happens today.
Old March 8, 2004, 10:37   #16
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

This was posted by Elucidus at about 0400 This morning GMT.

Quote:
We are working out the maps and setting things up. Sorry for the delays.
We are trying to get an estimated time of starting at the UN.

He also said he would work on this evening USA time, so my guess is it will be a couple days.

Everybody hang tight, we are getting close
Old March 8, 2004, 16:18   #17
BigFree
Deity

Times are PST (GMT -8)
Quote:
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:12 am Post subject: RE: starting?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The maps are complete. I will be spending some of today (in between crises here at work) double-checking our work for any mistakes we have made. Thus far, everything looks good.

This evening, after Luc returns from work and has some time to dedicate to these games, we will create the games, enter the teams' passwords, and send the save on to the first team in each group.

Barring an unforeseen disaster or real life complication, we will be starting these games tonight.

FortyJ
Old March 8, 2004, 20:28   #18
Donegeal
Emperor

I will reserve my dance smilely until the save is actually passed...
Old March 8, 2004, 20:39   #19
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Won't they have to play the first teams' first turns for them? I don't think you can save in the middle of a turn, not even during the first turn when first starting the game.
Old March 8, 2004, 23:00   #20
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

i just got the save
Old March 8, 2004, 23:08   #21
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

why are there no attachments in this forum?

here:

Old March 8, 2004, 23:18   #22
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

i say we send the worker onto the moocow, and unless we spot a compelling reason to move the settler, plop down where we stand.
Old March 8, 2004, 23:23   #23
Donegeal
Emperor

I agree.

NO JUNGLE!!!! (yet)
Old March 8, 2004, 23:37   #24
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Donegeal
I agree.

NO JUNGLE!!!! (yet)
It's not really Apolyton if there's no jungle. If we do not get jungle in our starting area, we will simply be compelling to conquer someone with some jungle.
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2004, 23:40   #25
Donegeal
Emperor

Ok, I think its fairly obvious that we build where we are and send the worker to the cow. We have but one choice now:
What do we research?
Old March 8, 2004, 23:44   #26
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:46
Settle where he is.

What was our first tech going to be ?
Old March 8, 2004, 23:46   #27
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:46
In all these weeks (months) before the game, I dont recall any discussion on our first tech.

Old March 8, 2004, 23:50   #28
Donegeal
Emperor

Current suggestion is to move worker to the cow and make a better choice about where to settle. Any comments?
Old March 8, 2004, 23:55   #29
WhiteBandit
Prince

Iron Working! (Providing we have pottery already)? Mainly because of C3C's weird resource distributions. Iron might be kinda far off and it will definitely be key to insuring our survival.

Old March 9, 2004, 00:03   #30
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 03:46
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
In all these weeks (months) before the game, I dont recall any discussion on our first tech.

You got me on that one