Old March 5, 2004, 12:11   #1
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:46
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Sorry I stuffed up
I posted the following in the public forum. Sorry.

Quote:
PM from Makahlua:
Quote:
Well for whatever reason, we no longer have that CP on the ilse near you Our lone remaining base is on what we call Yardarm, back to the east (probably closer to PUT/Drone territory) It's inland from Calico, but no far enough that we won't be seeing CyCOn shortly. Any ideas?
I'm sorry that I now realize that Mead was right and I was wrong in not to kill that probe ship. I think it destroyed Peace's colony pod. What do you think? Also CC has had a reload. Are these two incident related?

I think we can take a Roze base for them. If they are prepared to occupy it. Problem is I do not think we have a chopper in range and if we use the penetrator then it cannot land? Also do they need a transport with scout to occupy it or can they use their foil to occupy it?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 12:13   #2
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 11:46
Comrade HongHu, you've made things easier for us. Now our intentions of war are pretty much clear.
Old March 5, 2004, 12:16   #3
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 11:46
You might want to edit that post in the main forum.
Old March 5, 2004, 12:29   #4
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

I've changed it. Now you can use it as our excuse for declaring war if you want.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 12:31   #5
Snowflake
Princess

My recommendation is we declare war against them right this turn. This seems natural from my incident and they will not be able to know that the attack will be the next turn.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 13:07   #6
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:46
I gave you a "public repremand"

Still doing my best to send out contridictory messages.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 5, 2004, 13:15   #7
Snowflake
Princess

Good thing I have not said anything about the upcoming uni war.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 16:26   #8
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 20:46
I hope this has not ruined any surprise.
but there's a posistive side- they might be investing now more in preperation for war and less in finishing PEACE....

your not realy planning to quit turnplaying are you?
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old March 5, 2004, 17:15   #9
Snowflake
Princess

I have been talking with Mead for him to take over playing the turn for some time. I only used this chance to announce it to the public forum.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 17:22   #10
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 20:46
ok. mead seems to be a good player.

is it final?formal?
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old March 5, 2004, 17:38   #11
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 08:46
Hmmm, Oh well...I guess armaggedon is coming.

Comrade HongHu, I don't think you messed up all that much. The contribution you've made is ENORMOUS and support whatever actions you may take....you are a trustworthy Hive citizen.

Well, I guess that's that. CPU will start changing production to CONQUER...now all they can do is wait, unless they decide to take the fight to us.

I'll post a message in the public forum to throw them off. Maybe it'll give them some doubts.....hopefully.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old March 5, 2004, 17:40   #12
Snowflake
Princess

Well I posted it in the Hello thread some time ago I think. Unless there are disagreement I would say it is formal. But Mead won't be playing alone. You and me and others will also be with him.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 17:43   #13
Snowflake
Princess

I've been trying to make the impression that this is a instant thing, that we filed the motion last turn becase we picked up that Peace CP, and that I get angry because they destroyed it.

I try not to let them have time to think that we actually was planning this some time back, so that they won't know we are already ready to attack them.

Also I try to concentrate the southeast front so that they won't suspect the attack would be coming from another front.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 17:53   #14
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Comrade HongHu,

I posted in the public forum. I'm sorry if I sound rather coarse and upset, but I really am not. Hell, I support Hiver's before anyone else's opinions. Tried to sound pissed off and maybe throw them off (CPU), but who can tell?

I'm supporting you 100%.

Just some tips if you are the turnplayer.......try not to stack our units unless absolutely necessary. Also, try to use our units Zones of Control to their advantage, hopefully we can bottleneck their units so they can't attack our units in the back of the invasion.
Old March 5, 2004, 17:59   #15
Snowflake
Princess

Good post there Comrade Frankychan. The mindworm idea is so obvious but the CPU can't say anything against it.

And a good tip for the war, I think Mead is thinking about the same thing.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 18:03   #16
Frankychan
King

sorry, it's a stretch but I couldn't think of anything. Maybe they think I'm actually angry, or they don't buy it. In any case, we should hypothesize that the CPU is mobilizing anyway. Who knows, they might even try and contact a couple of us to see what our thoughts are?

Of course, I'll tell them crap and make them think i'm pissed, when I'm actually hoping for our victory.

I'll try see if I can sound more angry in the public forum, but won't really do that much, seeing as how I don't post in the public forum that much anyway......
Old March 5, 2004, 18:24   #17
Snowflake
Princess

Well I don't think we need so many people that are angry. Me is enough. The rest of you could appear to try to cover up for my mistake and to trying to calm me down and making up with the CCs just so that they feel we are not ready for war yet I think. And I've already appeared calmed down a little after your post.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 18:28   #18
Frankychan
King

Ok. I'll see what I can think of. I like how you think, Comrade HongHu.
Old March 5, 2004, 19:31   #19
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 13:46
Re: Sorry I stuffed up
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu

I think we can take a Roze base for them. If they are prepared to occupy it. Problem is I do not think we have a chopper in range and if we use the penetrator then it cannot land? Also do they need a transport with scout to occupy it or can they use their foil to occupy it?
[/QUOTE]

Let me look at the game.

I was thinking of taking those Data Angles sea bases anyway (to use for the invasion of the DA homeland), but was holding for now because they posed no current threat and I didn't want to have to worry about defending them yet.

We can empty one of those bases with choppers, our 2-2-4 foils, or needlejets. They can then take the empty base with their foil. They do not need a transport or scout to take a seabase.

We will then need to work hard (it will require some resources) to defend that base from CyCon (and Data Angles)

Mead.
Old March 5, 2004, 19:38   #20
Mead
King

Can someone talk to the Peace about my plan?

I don't mind talking to them.

Time is of the essense. They need to start moving their foil west this turn.

Mead
Old March 5, 2004, 19:46   #21
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:46
I was rude to you again, my dear.

Let's not give the CyCon ANYTHING like a clear picture.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 5, 2004, 19:54   #22
Frankychan
King

Do the Data Angels have Doc: Air Power?
Old March 5, 2004, 20:04   #23
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Frankychan
No, not even close.

Mead
Old March 5, 2004, 20:27   #24
Mead
King

Quote:
No, but CyCon does.

And, if they chose to send a needlejet on a suicide mission to kill that CP it could have killed it and then disappeared (crashed).

If I was CyCon and wanted to ensure Peace did not survive, that is what I would have done. I would have willingly traded a needlejet for that CP. I probably would have only made it a cheaper 2-1-10 needlejet.

That being said we are going to put a needlejet on top of the remaining Peace foil to protect it.

Mead
Old March 5, 2004, 20:34   #25
Frankychan
King

Hmmm, what's the possibility of CyCon giving the Data Angels Doc: Air Power? They might do that just to make the DA's a thorn in our side.

Hmmm, is there anyway we can salvage PEACE's survival?
Old March 5, 2004, 20:41   #26
Mead
King

Quote:
Hmmm, what's the possibility of CyCon giving the Data Angels Doc: Air Power? They might do that just to make the DA's a thorn in our side.

Hmmm, is there anyway we can salvage PEACE's survival?
I think so.

Look at my above posts.

I'll look into it some more and post a firmer opinion.

Mead
Old March 5, 2004, 21:13   #27
Frankychan
King

Hmmm, that's pretty good. So you think that we should have our airforce at in "shifts" to protect their foil?
Old March 5, 2004, 21:42   #28
Mead
King

Quote:
Hmmm, that's pretty good. So you think that we should have our airforce at in "shifts" to protect their foil?
Yes.

I am not sure they can make it in time though.

They need to move their ((1)-1-4) towards Coneshelf 57.
It is 6 moves away from it.

We need to cover it.

If CyCon gets an interceptor to Atlantis it can launch a suicide mission out of Atlantis to followed by a suicide penetrator they could kill it the Peace ship.

If our plan works:

They move ship towards Conshelf57 this turn. We empty Conshelf57 with whatever it takes.

Then next turn they occupy Conshelf57 with their schonner. Crossbone way must last one more turn.

I am very worried that our assualt will drop Coneshelf57 to Pop 1, and that Peace's occupation will drop it to Pop Zero, eradicating the base.

Then we must defend the base.

Mead

Last edited by Mead; March 5, 2004 at 21:48.
Old March 5, 2004, 22:04   #29
Frankychan
King

what is their movement speed? Is it 18-20-or 24? I know that this hardly matters, but we should this into consideration when we plan our invasion. Is there a way where the Drones can contribute to it's protection, or is it only us?
Old March 5, 2004, 22:14   #30
Mead
King

Quote:
what is their movement speed? Is it 18-20-or 24? I know that this hardly matters, but we should this into consideration when we plan our invasion. Is there a way where the Drones can contribute to it's protection, or is it only us?
The movement, as suicide planes, is the same as it normally is.

Their penetrators (as fission, non-elite, non-Cloudbase) should be 10 per turn.

So Penetrators:
Turn 1 - move up to 10 spaces, then end of turn
Turn 2 - move up to 9 spaces, then attack (and die)

Interceptors:
Turn 1 - move up to 7 (or is it 8?), then end of turn
Turn 2 - move up to 6 (or is it 7?), then attack (and die)

I don't think the Drones can really help right now. I have not checked the ranges. The Drones should concentrate on distracting CyCon by threatening Uni.

Mead