Old March 5, 2004, 22:21   #31
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 08:46
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Wow, I'm thinking that they are further ahead than they really are.

If this is the case, then I think in the case of interceptors, the 1st turn movement is 8.

What I'm worried about, in addition to other things, is if the CPU is smart enough to utilize their zones of control effectively. I'm not sure how savvy they are, ZOC-wise, but I can try and contribute what I can. I tend to use ZOC's a lot in my games.

But, since I cannot actually see what's going on, I may need a pic so I can contribute more effectively.

(sorry for the hassle.)

EDIT: I can't seem to find a list of which faction has what SP. Can someone point me in the right direction?
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old March 5, 2004, 22:23   #32
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 11:46
If the Chairman of the CMC would be so kind as to post pictures of our battle fronts as they come up, this should help Comrade Frankychan. Furthermore perhaps it prudent to assign Comrade Frankychan the rank of General for the purposes of the upcoming war, seeing as he seems to possess useful military knowledge.
Old March 5, 2004, 22:26   #33
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 08:46
Aroo?

I am flattered Comrade Chairman, but I would recommend Comrade Mead or Comrade Octavian X as a better candidate.

I personally would feel more comfortable as an aid to whomever directs our invasion plans, rather than heading the invasion myself.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old March 5, 2004, 23:27   #34
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:46
Whomever is doing our military campaign, keep in mind that humans operate very very very differently from the braindead AI when it comes to warfare. If we have any multiplayer SMAC vets around, I'd think they'd make optimal military advisors.

Personally, I haven't played SMAC in a very long time, single player or multiplayer. I used to play both, but I certainly do not have enough confidence in my memory of the particulars of this game to be more than a secondary advisor. I think I'm damn good at Civ3 military stuff, but it's been a while since I played SMAC/SMAX.

If there are some SMAC multiplayer vets on the team, they'd be invaluable at a time like this. Make one of them the chief military advisor, but keep all of them around as much as possible for advice.

Short of that, anyone who thinks they know what they're doing and has recent experience with kicking butt in SP games would be good, of course.
Old March 6, 2004, 06:12   #35
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 20:46
how many resources would it take to defend this sea base for PEACE, it might not be prfitable....
maybe we should go back to old plan.
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old March 6, 2004, 16:35   #36
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:46
What old plan are you refering t_ras?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 6, 2004, 17:52   #37
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 20:46
using a CP, but i just checked the turn (as much as i could) and im not sure they could buid one in time and menage to escape.
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old March 7, 2004, 04:28   #38
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

I have one question regarding the CC probe ship. Hopefully somebody who has more experience with the game can answer this. If it performed buying off the PEACE CP, wouldn't it directly go back to its base? How could it contact Roze? If it contact Roze in its first run, doesn't that mean that the CP was not bought off in the first run?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 7, 2004, 04:42   #39
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 04:46
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Buying units does not cause returning to base. The probe I think joins with the bought unit the square it is on.
Old March 7, 2004, 04:51   #40
Snowflake
Princess

Does it have any more movement left though? And in this case the CP is on the land where the foil should be?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 7, 2004, 19:42   #41
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Does it have any more movement left though? And in this case the CP is on the land where the foil should be?
It has its normal movement.

It can, in its (CyCons) turn:

1. Build a base
2. Move one movement (one square)
3. Board a Transport

If it built a base then that base will be a hazard to us because it will allow CyCon's aircraft to be based there.(the base would be vulnerable to probe action, and i would like to infiltrate the CyCon datalinks for ease of viewing their activities)

If it moved inland then we should kill it while we can.

Mead
Old March 7, 2004, 23:19   #42
Snowflake
Princess

You misunderstood my question Mead. I was asking if the CC probe ship would still have any movement point left after it buy off the PEACE CP.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 8, 2004, 00:01   #43
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
You misunderstood my question Mead. I was asking if the CC probe ship would still have any movement point left after it buy off the PEACE CP.
Yes, I believe it would.

There have been a few occasions in SP where I wanted to probe a base but an enemy unit stood in the way.

What I did was probe (buy) the unit and then probe the base.

I have also used the same probe to buy more than one unit in different squares during the same turn.

I have also been the victim of these tactics.

Also, once the probe buys a unit it does not go back to the nearest base. If it survives the probe action the probe stays where that unit is (unless moved).

Mead
Old March 8, 2004, 01:28   #44
Snowflake
Princess

Thanks for the info Comrade Mead.

Grapefruit Garden