Old June 22, 2004, 19:01   #31
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 20:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
In any case 't would have been too late. CyCon was quite efficient in mopping up. Then again, if I didn't press that much to hunt the last PEACE schooner down, Hive could start sooner on their invasion of the Angels.

Something paradoxal comments on this forum: from PEACE it was found nobel and respected that they played to the bitter end, but from CyCon it was found a burden we wanted to follow the same route.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old June 22, 2004, 19:07   #32
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 11:48
Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder Something paradoxal comments on this forum: from PEACE it was found nobel and respected that they played to the bitter end, but from CyCon it was found a burden we wanted to follow the same route.
I think it had to do with the fact that the game was coming to an end and many wanted to start the next ACDG already, the planning for this upcoming game was already well underway while we were still playing this one. I think it should have been put off until this one was complete, it may then have held people's interests more.
Old June 22, 2004, 19:25   #33
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 20:48
Yes, I agree on that. In the end were... how many? ... 6-7 people still involved in ALL the factions. The main breakdown for me was that in 2 weeks time no-one even asked how things were goin'. One could say that my morale was gone after realizing this.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old June 22, 2004, 22:04   #34
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 11:48
Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
PEACE repeatedly claimed to have no influence with the Hive and gave us the "were totaly independent" line.
As this and other threads will attest to, the Hive was trying to help us, but even at this point was not going to go to all and any lengths (which is certainly understandable considering their war situation) and we were also hesitant to put our faith in them due to past actions as well. We were a beneficiary of Hive, but not a vassal. We were dependent on their aid but had no control over when it would come. It was a similar situation later with the Drones.

Quote:
But as in all political situations its your oponents PERCEPTION of you not Reality that desides how they will react. Cycon percived a close relationship but an unwillingness on PEACE's part to admit it only deepened out suspicions.
Very true. We tried to keep you informed about our actions, but there was little we could tell you about the Hive--because most of the time we just didn't know. We got a little complacent I guess.
Old June 23, 2004, 00:28   #35
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:48
Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
Something paradoxal comments on this forum: from PEACE it was found nobel and respected that they played to the bitter end, but from CyCon it was found a burden we wanted to follow the same route.
Actually you've also won respects since you didn't simply throw your hands at the first minute of indication that you might not win this game.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 23, 2004, 00:35   #36
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 04:48
Local Date: November 3, 2010
He's already read that thread and commented in it