Local Date: November 2, 2010
Yes for CMN
Old March 9, 2004, 18:07   #32
Cosmic
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Gaians
Warlord

Local Time: 15:49
People paid a lot of money for me one year before this subject, so I´m changing my mind and now my vote is YES!

3.7th player:
Cosmic - $ YES $
binTravkin - Yes, if one shows up soon
DataAeolus - Yes if he doesn't mind 6 facs ganging up on him
Shawnmcc - No
Makahlua - ?
Mart7x5 - Yes, or 6 facs+no AI

So I think we locked this also eh? If someone wants to be the seventh guest, take your seat too!

Now that we talked about it, since we will solve ALL problems using diplomacy, bribe is perfect usable. Sirs, bring your suitcases!
Old March 9, 2004, 18:17   #33
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 21:49
Poll table edited..

Mart7x5 and Makahlua, we need you votes!

Chaunk youre in!
Your votes welcome too!
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Old March 9, 2004, 18:59   #34
Chaunk
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 18:49
Cool-age Votes below.

1.Pacts allowed:
Cosmic - No
binTravkin - Yes
DataAeolus - No
Shawnmcc - No
Makahlua - ?
Mart7x5 - ?
Chaunk - I presumed this meant with other teams, in which case, Yes. Otherwise, the empath Guild is hopelessly overpowered with no probing allowed

2.Angels in:
Cosmic - No
binTravkin - Yes
DataAeolus - Yes
Shawnmcc - Yes
Makahlua - ?
Mart7x5 - ?
Chaunk - If someone wants them

2a.The Planetary Datalinks:
Cosmic - N/A
binTravkin - Any Fac/PKs if we're 7
DataAeolus - Any Fac
Shawnmcc - Angels (? have I understood you Shawn?)
Makahlua - ?
Mart7x5 - ?
Chaunk - no particullar preference. If we have it in, it may make some people change their beelines for it, which might mean they miss other more important techs. It's six to one, half a dozen to the other.

3. N/A

4.Do we need a CMN?:

Cosmic - ?
binTravkin - Yes, I changed my mind
DataAeolus - Yes
Shawnmcc - Yes
Makahlua - ?
Mart7x5 - ?
Chaunk - Yes
Old March 9, 2004, 19:39   #35
Cosmic
Warlord

Do you guys think a random map is too bad?

And how about the size? I think Normal is fine. We will play in transcend level.
Old March 9, 2004, 19:56   #36
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 20:49
1.Pacts allowed with rival teams:
Yes - this will make game a bit more interesting, but will dilute initial idea of teams

2.Angels in:
Yes - give them a chance...

2a.The Planetary Datalinks:
no opinion, as Cosmic decides

3.7th player:
Mart7x5 - Yes, or 6 facs+no AI

3a.Any AI in-game?:
Mart7x5 - No

4.Do we need a CMN?:
let there be a CMN - i rarely see good maps computer generated
Old March 9, 2004, 19:57   #37
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

map size, maybe large, or anything between
45x90
and
65x130
Old March 9, 2004, 20:07   #38
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 13:49
1.Pacts allowed with rival teams: Yes
2.Angels in: Yes!
2a.The Planetary Datalinks: any team other than the Angels, perhaps?
3.7th player: Why not?
3a.Any AI in-game? Guess we don't need one now
4.Do we need a CMN? Absolutely, I'd say - we -need- a created map because too often the computer does crappy ones (esp if you guys want a smaller size) -and- because a CMN can give us balanced starts.

Looks like I'll be playing the Angels since I keep fighting for them ^^ A question though - does Pacted infiltration count for techshare, or only probed infiltration? (Because if not, that knocks them out of the running, and I'd be going Gaian.)

Sorry for not responding sooner, I was AFK all day! And I'm a she BTW

Something else to think about - yea or nay to the Empath Guild? It was disabled in the AC Demo Game for the fact that having that info on all faction for a human was -too- overpowering. IIRC, Googlie assigned it buit to the native life group to get it out of the way.

Last edited by Makahlua; March 9, 2004 at 20:28.
Old March 9, 2004, 21:00   #39
Cosmic
Warlord

The Empathy Guild?? Good question.

PEOPLE, LETS GO THE PLANETARY COUNCIL AGAIN!! (I dont know if you perceived, but we already start playing

Yes, I think this Special Project will empower too much any single faction and its team. So my opinion is that we just ignore it.

And about the map, does anyone here have experience in design? HAVE YOU RESEARCHED THE NEEDED TECH??? I can try, but I´m not good doing this.

Hey Maka, you can play with the Angels, no prob. Do as you wish, my lady!
Old March 10, 2004, 01:57   #40
Mr. Harley
Prince

Local Time: 14:49
Why not leave the Empathy Guild in? It means that there is an alternative to the planetary council if you want the infiltration, and it means you have to make hard choices as to which techs/SP's you want. After all, now it's not the just the Human Genome Project, Weather Paradigm, Virtual Word and the Planetary Transit System, with the Merchant Exchange as the afterthought. Adding the Empathy Guild means that there is one more SP for somebody to grab, and that you had better priortize them clearly, especially if we permit no probing at all. The standard opeing of a beeline to Industrial Economics could cause you to lose out on Centauri Empathy. Just a thought.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old March 10, 2004, 03:50   #41
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

FOR CMN!
So here are the results of poll:

1. Pacts allowed: Yes (4/3)
2. Angels in: Yes (6/1)
2.a The Planetary Datalinks: Any (4-any/2-N/A/1-abstain)
3. 7th Player: Yes (5/1/1)
3. a AI in game: No (7/0)
4. Do we need a CMN?: Yes (6/1)
5. The Empath Guild: Yes (4y/1n/2abst)
6. Mapsize: Large (all agreed to it, some disagree with huge)

--voting is over

Makahlua, techshare is a global setting and works for even non-spotted facs, and it should not be changed!
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Last edited by binTravkin; March 11, 2004 at 15:07.
Old March 10, 2004, 04:05   #42
binTravkin
Emperor

Teams ready!
Teams chosen & ready to go!

Team 1:
Pirates - Cosmic
Angels - Makahlua

Team 2:
University Of Planet - Shawnmcc
Free Drones - Mart7x5

Team 3:
Morgan - binTravkin
Believers - DataAeolus

Team 4:
Peacekeeping Forces - Chunk

If this type of game will become popular, then in our 2nd game maybe we should make a team of 3 players(while having only 2 in others) which consists only of Low-Tech facs: Hive,Believers,Cha Dawn

Last edited by binTravkin; March 10, 2004 at 23:14.
Old March 10, 2004, 11:57   #43
Chaunk
King

Mapsize: Large/Huge. Preferably huge i think.

EG: Yes.

I'll take the PK's as "Team" 4, unless one of you six wants them instead.

Please note, the solo team doesn't stand much chance, so please don't try and push me off the PK's... thanks!
Old March 10, 2004, 12:58   #44
Barinthus
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 10:49
Bigger the map, the better.

Empath - why not.

Fac - I already asked for either believers or the cult. If someone want one, I'll take the other one.
Old March 10, 2004, 14:22   #45
Mart
Emperor

I will play Drones in team with University, already discussed that with Shawn
Old March 10, 2004, 16:53   #46
Cosmic
Warlord

Now, DataAeolus and Makahlua please take your seats!

Then, lets solve the map problem and the game will begin (we´ll start a new thread for turns).

I´ll try to design a map today.
Old March 10, 2004, 17:44   #47
binTravkin
Emperor

Nono Cosmic!

Didnt you know that a player may never be a map designer at the same time, because it gives him some valuable advantages!

Let there be a CMN and he will make a map for us!
Old March 10, 2004, 17:56   #48
binTravkin
Emperor

Also - DataAeolus should reconsider about fac: I can take you in my team as Bel/Cha, but then 1st team will be a bit disbalanced..
Maybe tecshare will make up the difference, because we will definitely be researching similar tech tree!

If Makahlua agrees, then 3rd group has DataAeolus and me, 1st group - Cosmic and Makahlua
Old March 10, 2004, 18:00   #49
binTravkin
Emperor

This will be quite balanced: if 2teams have a tech, 1st has it too!

CMN should give xtras to 4th "team" (all units doubled)
Old March 10, 2004, 18:58   #50
Cosmic
Warlord

Hi Trav,

Yeah, I know that a player cant be the designer, but since we dont have choices (everyone voted for CMN), what can be done?

The only thing we need is a map with three continents, and thats all.
Old March 10, 2004, 21:35   #51
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Sounds good to me BT

Map size? Normal at least or large. huge might be -too- big.
Old March 10, 2004, 23:06   #52
binTravkin
Emperor

You can ask someone to do it for you Cosmic
For example Lazerus, Darsnan, Googlie etc.
But better pm Mart or Shawn and ask if they can find CMN - they have lots of buddies here!
Old March 11, 2004, 12:02   #53
Mr. Harley
Prince

Local Time: 14:49
I don't think I qualify for "lot of buddies", but I try to contribute and be polite. I've just started CMNing for two reasons, first I enjoy designing games, and second so I can ask people who play to help out . On that note, I have the scenario for a different group, and one of them IS a CMN.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old March 11, 2004, 12:36   #54
Barinthus
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 10:49
Quote:
Originally posted by binTravkin
Also - DataAeolus should reconsider about fac: I can take you in my team as Bel/Cha, but then 1st team will be a bit disbalanced..
Maybe tecshare will make up the difference, because we will definitely be researching similar tech tree!

If Makahlua agrees, then 3rd group has DataAeolus and me, 1st group - Cosmic and Makahlua
binT, do you have any recommendation? I'm flexible actually. The reason I brought up believers and cults is because I haven't played the cult yet and the believers - I figured it'd be a nice military arm of the pact team I'm part of since all factions already taken seem more suited for research/energy building. It seems that with the Cult, I could raise a huge native army so that's one other reason I brought it up. I'm already playing Gaians in other game (with you! ) so I prefer something different.
Old March 11, 2004, 13:36   #55
Chaunk
King

Quote:
Originally posted by DataAeolus

binT, do you have any recommendation? I'm flexible actually. The reason I brought up believers and cults is because I haven't played the cult yet and the believers - I figured it'd be a nice military arm of the pact team I'm part of since all factions already taken seem more suited for research/energy building. It seems that with the Cult, I could raise a huge native army so that's one other reason I brought it up. I'm already playing Gaians in other game (with you! ) so I prefer something different.
But is this not a pure builder race, no army and no probing, just diplomacy? Thats how I understood in anyway.

In which case, I would urge you to go for the believers, since +2 support is very useful whereas -2 economy is cripling for the cult.

I'll send out some PM's re: a CMN shortly.

C
Old March 11, 2004, 15:05   #56
binTravkin
Emperor

Yes, DataAeolus take Believers and you will still get a chance to build something - you just try pushing on economy not research e.g. building energy banks not NetNodes

We will make an energy - blessed Team!
with my energy output youll be getting a small commerce bonus too..
Just try to multiply your pop&energy

It seems that map should be large, because there are players who disagree with huge

So,we are ready to go after a quick work of CMN!

Last edited by binTravkin; March 11, 2004 at 15:43.
Old March 11, 2004, 16:49   #57
Cosmic
Warlord

Makahlua

What do you think of Aki-Zeta? Its a good combination for Pirates, even sharing a common problem (-1 Growth). But +2 Effic and +2Research if fine.

Would like to thank everyone for helping with the CMN!
Old March 11, 2004, 17:30   #58
binTravkin
Emperor

Makahlua, of course can reconsider on Cosmics request, but I think that Angels might be a slightly better researcher fac there than any other!

For example:
We all know that we will be researching:
BioGenetics, Cent Eco, SocialPsych, Industrial Economics, Industrial Automation, Ecological Engineering, Gene Splicing and so on..

Everyone needs those techs, so if 2 groups will get them, also Angels will have them!
These are only the most needed techs, but most of others also will be shared between group members resulting Angels noticing this datafeed and automatically downloading them to factions databases.
Angels surely wont be a backward when talking about these techs, they will be "average", but remembering that the techs come for free, they become quite cute as they spend their research points not on chasing others, but researching something that most of others dont have

Its up to you Makahlua!
If you dislike Consciouness, you can still hold on to Angels

We can then switch teams a bit:
DataAeolus said he is flexible in his choice, so if you still want Angels, come to my team and have DataAeolus ruling Aki-Zeta in Team 1

Just warn him then

You can offer him an "everlasting treaty/pact" or some other deal for this, I think he will be interested
Old March 11, 2004, 18:02   #59
Makahlua
King

You know, any other time I'd flip to CyCon easily, but the combo of Pirates and them just puts me off at the moment. You can blame the AC Demo Game for that! But I love my Angels too Looks Like I'll be flipping over to bin's side, sorry about that Cosmic! :/
Old March 11, 2004, 18:18   #60
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Makahlua
You know, any other time I'd flip to CyCon easily, but the combo of Pirates and them just puts me off at the moment. You can blame the AC Demo Game for that! But I love my Angels too Looks Like I'll be flipping over to bin's side, sorry about that Cosmic! :/
Makahlua, we're getting good friends now. CPU really you guys a lot.

Too bad that Herc wasn't quicker with accepting new members at the time, though...