Old March 14, 2004, 13:24   #91
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:52
Local Date: November 2, 2010
What is CPU? We still do not recognise this union, remember.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 14, 2004, 13:58   #92
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 20:52
Yeah right. I've seen many messages where Hiveans themselves speak of "CPU" instead of CyCon or PUT.
Old March 14, 2004, 15:18   #93
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
What is CPU? We still do not recognise this union, remember.

-Jam
Jamski, you are the only one not recognizing it. Or you have multiple personality disorder so you mean "I" when you say "we".
Old March 14, 2004, 20:20   #94
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

The Real Hive (my own faction of loyal revolutionaries) do not recognise CPU. The Fake Hive currently in charge of the government and Millitary are mistaken.

The Real Hive seek only peace and friendship with the CyCon but have sworn to defeat the evil University of Planet.

-Jam
Old March 15, 2004, 02:30   #95
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:52
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Thank goodness "Real Hive" is being supressed, then.
The UoP province is a fine part of our CPU Empire.
Old March 15, 2004, 04:20   #96
Jamski
Deity

I'm resisting the urge to...

...ah, resisted

-Jam
Old March 16, 2004, 14:10   #97
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

I've heard Mead has been appointed Hive Deputy Chairman.
Old March 16, 2004, 14:12   #98
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

When, Where?? Contacts with Hive then?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 16, 2004, 14:13   #99
Jamski
Deity

Yes, my old job...

Sure, he's REALLY been a bad boy

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 18:33   #100
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:52
Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
I've heard Mead has been appointed Hive Deputy Chairman.
Now you can be sure that you'll get what you might have gotten from him the last turn when you fighted hard to get it.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 17, 2004, 18:34   #101
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
When, Where?? Contacts with Hive then?
Arnelos is the official Hive ambassador.

At least I kept my promise to push for the establishment of a new government.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 17, 2004, 18:44   #102
Jamski
Deity

I've never known you break a promise. Sadly pushing for a new government hasn't produced a new government.

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 18:44   #103
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
At least I kept my promise to push for the establishment of a new government.
A yes, come over and do the same here, it might be necessary soon...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 17, 2004, 19:02   #104
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
I've never known you break a promise. Sadly pushing for a new government hasn't produced a new government.

-Jam
What are you talking about Jamski? We HAVE a new government. Simply because you are not in it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 17, 2004, 19:04   #105
Jamski
Deity

Its NOT a new government. Its still the same old thing. No elections even happened...

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 20:26   #106
Trithemius
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Data Angels
Prince

Local Time: 06:52
Quote:
Its NOT a new government. Its still the same old thing. No elections even happened...
Elections? In the Hive? What is the world coming to!
Old March 18, 2004, 00:23   #107
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Trithemius

Priceless.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old March 18, 2004, 00:32   #108
Trithemius
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by FlameFlash
Priceless.
I am sure you will find that the "price" is a doubling of my xenorum ration, cap'n...

Arrr!
Old March 18, 2004, 00:46   #109
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 11:52
You're getting xenorum! No wonder there's such a shortage if some pirates don't even know about the rationing.

You know if you have any, you have to share
Old March 18, 2004, 01:21   #110
Trithemius
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by foolish_icarus
You're getting xenorum! No wonder there's such a shortage if some pirates don't even know about the rationing.

You know if you have any, you have to share
I am sure we can come to some kind of agreement.
Old March 18, 2004, 01:46   #111
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 11:52
A few things are in need of explaining here, first of all in the Hive we could not have a democracy even if we wanted to because not enough people would run, the people now in office are those who are willing to do work, and frankly we’ll take anyone who wants to help. Our government has always worked through consensus, we have not resorted to democratic majoritarianism where the masses impose their will on all, rather we have tried to please everyone (this does not work since some people will never be pleased if you try to please everyone). The new government HongHu spoke of was basically the institutionalization of offices which people were already doing the work for, we simply recognized their efforts and appointed them to existing offices (granted a few were renamed for aesthetics sake). If Comrade Jamski wants to see democracy he should run for an office, I for one would not be opposed to such a thing, in fact I would encourage it, we need people to take initiative and if Comrade Jamski would be so willing as to take the first step then so be. I appreciate the efforts of the other factions to try to help by offering suggestions but I am afraid that your ideas have already been considered numerous times, in fact we’ve gone through countless constitutions, none of which have been very successful. The Hive has its own unique way of doing things, it is not democratic, but nor it is autocratic or authoritarian as many of you would think, it is not the prettiest system you could imagine, not the most glamorous, or efficient, but it works for us.

-Chairman Voltaire
Old March 18, 2004, 04:28   #112
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
in fact we’ve gone through countless constitutions
Constitutions 1-75 :
Chairman - Voltaire
Turnplayer - Some poor soul
Other offices - Anyone who's opinion needs to be ignored.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 06:23   #113
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:52
Quote:

Constitutions 1-75 :
Chairman - Voltaire
Turnplayer - Some poor soul
Other offices - Anyone who's opinion needs to be ignored.

-Jam
What part the faction leader's descriptive when you start the game being "The Despot" did you not understand?

Last edited by Arnelos; March 18, 2004 at 07:06.
Old March 18, 2004, 07:49   #114
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Trithemius

Of course there are eletions in the hive. You have to get the chairman to elect you in order to get a job cocensus of the people and their trust. in the hive we work together and agree on thing allways through nerverstapling by the authoritys concesus of the people.

long leave the revolution!
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old March 18, 2004, 08:42   #115
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
What part the faction leader's descriptive when you start the game being "The Despot" did you not understand?
What part of "Democracy Game" did you not understand

Quote:
long leave the revolution!
/me leaves the revolution *

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 09:03   #116
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Jamski bad boy
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old March 18, 2004, 09:12   #117
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:52
Quote:
What part of "Democracy Game" did you not understand
* Arnelos directs Jamski to his avatar
Old March 18, 2004, 09:25   #118
Jamski
Deity

Its Gustav Mahler and a sheep

/me don't understand *

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 12:03   #119
Snowflake
Princess

Looks like Jamski doesn't understand either.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 12:29   #120
Jamski
Deity

Well obviously do. What does my avatar have to do with the question?

(Yeah, laugh at me but don't say what the joke is)

-Jam