Old March 9, 2004, 01:05   #1
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:55
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Turn 1, 3950bc
The turn arrived via the email group and the team assembled to chat in #c3cisdg holydoughnut (the team's chatroom on the Apolyton server).

We are starting in 3950bc apparently due to a decision by the game admins to skip everyone's turn and enter our passwords, so that the first team could play their own save, and not have to have it played for them by the admins.

Our team named the first worker Roads R Us and moved him (3) onto the cattle tile to get a better look around.

After much debate about where to settle, we broke to set up a 24 hour poll, and allow the team to resolve the issue.

Where do we settle?

What do we research?

The save will be played again at 7pm EST (hopefully later, as I won't be home until 8-9pm EST...). Please meet in chat. By then we'll use the info from the polls to decide what to do with the save.

--Togas

EDIT by conmcb35: Thread Title Changed to 4000BC vice 3950 BC.
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Last edited by conmcb25; March 11, 2004 at 13:41.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2004, 08:59   #2
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 19:55
Do you have screenshots of any advisor and demographics screens that might be helpful in gathering intelligence about other teams (such as: who has settled and who has not)?
BigFurryMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2004, 10:20   #3
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 14:55
We also need to start using a turn order template.

If everyone believes it is OK, lets use the one from the ISDG.
Old March 9, 2004, 10:32   #4
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Especially in the beginning, we really need the Demographics info screen every turn.
Old March 9, 2004, 13:48   #5
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I'm not sure how effective a turn order template is, but something needs to be done. Let's discuss this issue. Any sugestions on a simple but orderly way to plan for future turns will be appreciated.

We're a new game with a slightly different crew. Let's feel free to put forth better methods of organization as well as better methods of cooperative gameplay.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old March 9, 2004, 14:03   #6
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

The minimum we'll need is a turnthread with the following:
  • Screenshots of our current position
  • Screenshots of Advisor and F11 screens
  • Short description of what happens before the turn (builds, enemy moves and such)
  • Short description of the orders carried out during the turn
  • Short status report on the treasury and research progress
Old March 9, 2004, 15:43   #7
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:55
Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
The minimum we'll need is a turnthread with the following:
  • Screenshots of our current position
  • Screenshots of Advisor and F11 screens
  • Short description of what happens before the turn (builds, enemy moves and such)
  • Short description of the orders carried out during the turn
  • Short status report on the treasury and research progress
Why don't you design a turn thread template to be used then we can either adopt it, vote on it or debate it.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2004, 16:00   #8
Togas
Emperor

One thing I'd like to see us do is both post all of the turn details, AND post the highlights/acomplishments, etc.

I'd like a casual observer to be able to easily read over the major events and highlights, for example:

Founded New City
Linked up Wines
Finished first Horseman
Discovered new Tech
Traded tech with X Civ
Defeated Barbarian Tribe
Discovered Tech in hut
Our Galley found a new island.

and the very obvious as well -- any and all military victories, captures, and discoveries of new civs, etc.

Worker moves, City WF reallocation, military deployment, roads and mines finished, changes in tax rate, etc, need to be posted, but can be posted in more of a "data" format for players who need the info.

The turnresults thread can be a boring thread to read, and it's hard to separate the story from the details. I'd like for us to find a way to convey both, so that a casual observer can follow along, and so that our dedicated observers can easily find the information they need.

--Togas
Old March 9, 2004, 18:51   #9
Wooglin
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:55
Togas
Wooglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2004, 21:53   #10
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Sounds good Togas.

And to harp on my concern one more time: unless the RNG is involved in it (eg combat), let's arrange the unit moves part of the report in the order the computer brings up the units. This makes it far easier to replay the turn.
Old March 9, 2004, 21:56   #11
Togas
Emperor

We will be experimenting with different formats for the turn reports. This will be the first one...

Turn Results 3950bc

Turn played in chat at 8:40pm EST by OctavianX and sent onto CivBrazil at 9pm EST.

The Game Begins... we decide to found our first city Apolyton, and send out our worker.

We begin research of Pottery at 100%.

Complete Results
(posted in the actual order performed during play)
Founded city Apolyton.
WF set to work 4.
Building warrior.
3spt, 2fpt, 4tpt.

Worker named Roads R Us moved 3.

Science set to Pottery. Slider to 100% science.

F11 screen shows only Apolyton, no other cities. We are ranked #1 in every category.

Last edited by Togas; March 9, 2004 at 22:06.
Old March 9, 2004, 21:58   #12
Togas
Emperor

Old March 10, 2004, 15:54   #13
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

i just got the new save, year 4000 this time.
Old March 10, 2004, 16:26   #14
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Uber KruX
i just got the new save, year 4000 this time.
Im tempted to just play it and send it on.

Ill PM Togas and see what he says, if not then I encourage OCT_X or Togas to play tonight as soon as possible, I wont be in chat until after 2100 EST.
Old March 10, 2004, 17:13   #15
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
Why don't you design a turn thread template to be used then we can either adopt it, vote on it or debate it.
Okay.

Turn 1 - 3950 BC

Misc
  • Turn played in chat on Wed, March 10 2004, at 1:40 GMT by OctavianX and sent onto CivBrazil at 2:00 GMT.
  • The Game Begins...
Cities
  • First city Apolyton founded.
Research
  • We begin research of Pottery at 100%.
Intelligence
  • F11 screen shows only Apolyton, no other cities. We are ranked #1 in every category.
Worker Force
  • Worker sent out to Cows tile.
Complete Results
  • Founded city Apolyton.
  • WF set to work 4.
  • Building warrior.
  • 3spt, 2fpt, 4tpt.
  • Worker named Roads R Us moved 3.
  • Science set to Pottery. Slider to 100% science.
  • F11 screen shows only Apolyton, no other cities. We are ranked #1 in every category.
-------------------
Notice the international time format, the use of the international standard time "GMT", and the difference between the 'important' events (in bold) and the turn transcript.
Old March 10, 2004, 17:56   #16
Togas
Emperor

I just got the new save, year 4000bc.

We should play it exactly the same as the other and send it on. I have no objections to Con playing it right now. Don't wait up for me.

We just need to adjust our dates back to the "normal" ones.

--Togas
Old March 10, 2004, 18:02   #17
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
I just got the new save, year 4000bc.

We should play it exactly the same as the other and send it on. I have no objections to Con playing it right now. Don't wait up for me.

We just need to adjust our dates back to the "normal" ones.

--Togas
OK Ill get it sent off, the Frenchies may still be awake

Ill play the same as before, and send off the file.

Ill get it done in the next half an hour or so.
Old March 10, 2004, 18:19   #18
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Turn 1 - 4000 BC

Misc
  • Turn played in chat on Wed, March 10 2004, at 1:40 GMT by OctavianX and sent onto CivBrazil at 2:00 GMT.
  • Turn was replayed exactly as before at 22:17 GMT on 10 March, 2004, when we had to restart because the Game Admins screwed up the difficulty setting. NOTE: It is now the correct year 4000B.C.
  • The Game Begins... (I think)
Cities
  • First city Apolyton founded.
Research
  • We begin research of Pottery at 100%.
  • Currently at 100% research pottery will be complete in 15 turns
Intelligence
Worker Force
  • Worker sent out to Cows tile.
Complete Results
  • Founded city Apolyton.
  • WF set to work 4.
  • Building warrior. Done in 4 turns
  • 3spt, 2fpt, 4tpt.
  • Worker named Roads R Us moved 3.
  • Science set to Pottery. Slider to 100% science.
-------------------
Notice the international time format, the use of the international standard time "GMT", and the difference between the 'important' events (in bold) and the turn transcript.

Note see previous screen shot, its the same of course