Old April 28, 2004, 17:19   #241
CerberusIV
lifer
C4WDG United Dungeon DwellersC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 19:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
pg1 - marginal victory at Washington after shooting down 47(!) allied aircraft.

pg2 - Windsor. I still can't pull off a BV for this one. Is there any particular trick to it?
Old April 28, 2004, 17:26   #242
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 12:57
IN the original PG, I always loved the Balkans scenerio-I just had a thing for controlling so many different armies. I would play the final German defeat scen, but only as the allies. I can only see a possible german minor victory, if they keep the Russians out of Berlin long enough.

I own AG, and it is not that bad. I have always played as the Russians, and the final drive on Berlin is a monster.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old April 28, 2004, 20:23   #243
ErikM
Warlord

Local Time: 13:57
Quote:
Originally posted by CerberusIV
pg2 - Windsor. I still can't pull off a BV for this one. Is there any particular trick to it?
1. You need some air defence units, as Spitfires are too tough for Luftwaffe. Preferably two, an 88 and a self-propelled one, whatever it is called.
2. First one-two turns play a bit defensively, do not venture outside your AD umbrella and let Brits waste their aircraft on your defences. Do not deploy your air force (if any) until RAF is significantly reduced.
3. Once British aircraft are gone, the rest is not particularly difficult.
4. Alternatively, take a victory at Dunkirk, which will send you to North africa. This will give you a chance to play three extra scenarios (two N Africa ones and Malta) and build up more experience before Russia. You will still have a chance to invade England in Windsor'43 which is a bit easier (simply because the quality gap between German and British tanks increases - you can probably make Windsor'43 even without air superiority, as 5-bar Tigers are nearly invincible).
Old April 29, 2004, 04:16   #244
CerberusIV
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ErikM

1. You need some air defence units, as Spitfires are too tough for Luftwaffe. Preferably two, an 88 and a self-propelled one, whatever it is called.
2. First one-two turns play a bit defensively, do not venture outside your AD umbrella and let Brits waste their aircraft on your defences. Do not deploy your air force (if any) until RAF is significantly reduced.
3. Once British aircraft are gone, the rest is not particularly difficult.
Thanks. I did have 3 SP AD's but attacked from the start as I simply don't get to the the NW VH in time. Lost a PzIVD and a Stug IIIB as well.

I would agree Windsor 43 is easier with more experienced units and Tigers being available.
Old April 29, 2004, 19:23   #245
Grumbold
Emperor

The only time I've scored a BV at Winsor it was through shamelessly reloading the bad combat rolls.
Old May 7, 2004, 13:05   #246
CerberusIV
lifer
Emperor

Not wishing to resurrect what looks to be a fairly dead thread I just got a surprise with PG2.

I downloaded the 1.02H patch and the Adler equipment file plus some new campaigns. All easy to install and they turned a game I thought I knew inside out into a completely new challenge! Well worthwhile.
Old May 11, 2004, 08:18   #247
pg
Prince

Local Time: 13:57
i don't mind resurrecting dead threads. anyone tried this before? http://wargamer.com/peg%5Fww2/ basically it's PG2 in the people's general(aka peg) engine which is much better(it has a lot more war gaming stuff). the only draw back is, perhaps, that air combat is done differently which makes it more abstract but you still get to control helos in the default game or in this mod's case bombers/fighter-bombers. i would post my impressions of it but my hard drive totally died and i'm on my old pc. i was really looking forward to playing it as PG2 was unplayable when i tried it but peg played like a dream.
Old May 11, 2004, 13:57   #248
Tamerlin
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 20:57
Quote:
Originally posted by pg
i don't mind resurrecting dead threads. anyone tried this before? http://wargamer.com/peg%5Fww2/ basically it's PG2 in the people's general(aka peg) engine which is much better(it has a lot more war gaming stuff). the only draw back is, perhaps, that air combat is done differently which makes it more abstract but you still get to control helos in the default game or in this mod's case bombers/fighter-bombers. i would post my impressions of it but my hard drive totally died and i'm on my old pc. i was really looking forward to playing it as PG2 was unplayable when i tried it but peg played like a dream.
I have already tested People's General WW2 and I can tell you it is great. Some scenario are differently balanced, as though the two game systems have a common origin some aspects of the game are quite different. Really a great mod.
Old May 11, 2004, 20:13   #249
Garth Vader
King

Quote:
Here is a save from the start of my second turn, You'll have to change the extension back to csv.

I have always found Windsor to be quite easy, I have more problems with Savannah, which is why I usually do Windsor in 43.
Attached Files:
File Type: sav after.sav (225.7 KB, 0 views)
Old May 11, 2004, 20:16   #250
Garth Vader
King

Quote:
Originally posted by pg
Yes, I wasn't a big fan of the changes PeG made to air power, so I think I prefer the original version. But it was still an interesting mod.
Old May 17, 2004, 16:33   #251
lord of the mark
Deity

Local Time: 14:57
Quote:
Not wishing to resurrect what looks to be a fairly dead thread I just got a surprise with PG2.

I downloaded the 1.02H patch and the Adler equipment file plus some new campaigns. All easy to install and they turned a game I thought I knew inside out into a completely new challenge! Well worthwhile.
Nothing wrong with resurrecting - my intention was to have an ongoing thread, comparable to those for certain other games here.